Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says Cspan_live_play-1

Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says

5 posters

Go down

Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says Empty Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says

Post by Jen Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-13/congress-will-pass-stopgap-bill-averting-shutdown-durbin-says.html

Congress will probably approve a
measure this week to keep the U.S. government in operation
through April 8, Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois, the majority
whip, said yesterday.

The legislation, proposed by House Republicans March 11,
would reduce discretionary spending by about $6 billion and fund
the U.S. government for three weeks, replacing a measure that
expires March 18. Democrat Durbin, speaking on CNN’s “State of
the Union,” said the Senate would take up the measure once it
passes the House, where Republicans have majority control.

Enacting the sixth stopgap spending measure of fiscal 2011
is needed to prevent a government shutdown and will provide
lawmakers and President Barack Obama with more time to work out
a deal to fund U.S. programs through the fiscal year that ends
Sept. 30, Durbin said. Congress needs to advance the measure to
facilitate an agreement addressing the nation’s long-term fiscal
straits, Durbin said.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says Empty Re: Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says

Post by js123 Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:35 pm

I am glad that Durbin has time sending out important letters especially on the shut-down. Don't get me wrong, Jen. What gets me mad is I have never received a letter from him about H.R. 589. Durbin should concentrate on helping his constituents in Illinois with unemployment and jobs. He loves publicity. I know he will not run for office again. I say good. Sick of the politicial; blah, blah, cough, blah, blah.

Where are the jobs, Durbin? Waiting for your letter.
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says Empty Re: Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says

Post by doreenb Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:42 pm

I have sent many letters to Durbin also regarding hr 589 still no response, do you know if he is a cosponsor?

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:47 pm

doreenb wrote:I have sent many letters to Durbin also regarding hr 589 still no response, do you know if he is a cosponsor?
It's a House bill so it can't be cosponsored by him since he is a Senator. I have no idea whether of not he supports the bill. My guess would be that he would vote for it if it makes it to the Senate since he has always been a supporter of extensions in the past and he has cosponsored Senate bills for extensions in the past.
Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says 443306
Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says 618340
Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says 921652

Last edited by Jen on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 pm

js123 wrote:I am glad that Durbin has time sending out important letters especially on the shut-down. Don't get me wrong, Jen. What gets me mad is I have never received a letter from him about H.R. 589. Durbin should concentrate on helping his constituents in Illinois with unemployment and jobs. He loves publicity. I know he will not run for office again. I say good. Sick of the politicial; blah, blah, cough, blah, blah.

Actually, this is just a news article and not a letter. Very Happy

I only posted this article because the budget cuts could affect the economy and also because we could try to tell them to attach H.R. 589 to it if the House would first pass it.
Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says 949671
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:11 pm

@Jen

Sorry, I had to vent. I keep emailing letters and no response that he is for it or not. These politicians are nothing but wind bags that change their ideas and causes.
Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says 486836
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:14 pm

js123 wrote:@Jen

Sorry, I had to vent. I keep emailing letters and no response that he is for it or not. These politicians are nothing but wind bags that change their ideas and causes.
Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says 486836
I know they are.
Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says 921652
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Jen wrote:
js123 wrote:I am glad that Durbin has time sending out important letters especially on the shut-down. Don't get me wrong, Jen. What gets me mad is I have never received a letter from him about H.R. 589. Durbin should concentrate on helping his constituents in Illinois with unemployment and jobs. He loves publicity. I know he will not run for office again. I say good. Sick of the politicial; blah, blah, cough, blah, blah.

Actually, this is just a news article and not a letter. Very Happy

I only posted this article because the budget cuts could affect the economy and also because we could try to tell them to attach H.R. 589 to it if the House would first pass it.
Congress Will Probably Pass Temporary Bill Averting Shutdown, Durbin Says 949671

Also, why would he comment on a house bill, that has still not made it to the floor?
By the time he see's it, if at all, it could be totally different.
I do feel your frustration tho, js123

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Instead of chip chip chipping away at the much-needed safety-net programs.....Congress could easily cut $100 billion from discretionary funding right away & still have $100 billion left over to pay for bills like HR589.

JS123 found fake farm subsidies that Congress can cancel immediately & save around $200 billion over 10 years.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/01/AR2006070100962.html

http://www.nypress.com/article-21342-the-making-of-manhattans-elite-welfare-farmers.html

It's so simple.....

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Phillymg wrote:Instead of chip chip chipping away at the much-needed safety-net programs.....Congress could easily cut $100 billion from discretionary funding right away & still have $100 billion left over to pay for bills like HR589.

JS123 found fake farm subsidies that Congress can cancel immediately & save around $200 billion over 10 years.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/01/AR2006070100962.html

http://www.nypress.com/article-21342-the-making-of-manhattans-elite-welfare-farmers.html

It's so simple.....
I agree. I've heard about these fake farm subsidies before on LinkTV. There are tons and tons of corrupt things like this that they waste our tax dollars on. Our country is not broke and there is plenty of money to help all in our country that need help.
https://dawu.forumotion.com/t997-most-people-know-next-to-nothing-about-the-billion-a-year-welfare-for-the-rich-program-billionaires-want-it-that-way-no-money-for-the-99ers
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:22 pm

Also, why would he comment on a house bill, that has still not made it to the floor?
Yes, but, he could at least say something about 99ers or voice his support for the House bill or write his own Senate bill or something. I'm sure he would vote for it if it makes it to the Senate but, we need more than that.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Of course we are still waiting for President Obama to say something in support of the 99ers
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Obama *never* says anything about any specific bill till he knows that there are enough votes in Congress to pass it. That's his MO.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Jen wrote:
Yes, but, he could at least say something about 99ers or voice his support for the House bill or write his own Senate bill or something. I'm sure he would vote for it if it makes it to the Senate but, we need more than that.

I'm not sticking up for Durbin by any means, but when you have a majority leader (of the same party) with one of the highest UE rates in the country, and you don't hear a squeak out of him. Why on earth would you think a lesser Senator is going to bust it, only to have the majority mouse shut you down? The hot topic is deficit reduction, and we don't fit in their equation. At this point, the best place for our kind of bill to begin, is in the House. If it makes it through there, then it has a pretty good chance to go all the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down