Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Jobless benefits extended in Minn. Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Jobless benefits extended in Minn. Cspan_live_play-1

Jobless benefits extended in Minn. Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Jobless benefits extended in Minn.

3 posters

Go down

Jobless benefits extended in Minn. Empty Jobless benefits extended in Minn.

Post by mrgolf Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:03 pm

From Donalee

Jobless benefits were extended in Minnesota last week, according to MNSUN.com.Dayton signs bill granting 13-week extension

SAINT PAUL -Gov. Mark Dayton signed legislation Tuesday that allows the state to pay up to 13 weeks of extended unemployment benefits that are 100 percent federally funded.
By extending unemployment benefits, 55,000 unemployed Minnesotans will receive up to $160 million in benefits through the end of the year. These benefits will help support jobless residents as they continue seeking employment in their communities.

"I am very pleased to sign this extension of unemployment benefits for the over 200,000 Minnesotans still looking for work," Dayton said. "This extension is vitally important to their providing for their families during this very difficult time."

The problem with this is how it would appear that this is Jobless Benefits paid in addition to the maximum weeks benefits that were passed in 2009. It IS NOT!

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Jobless benefits extended in Minnesota - San Diego Unemployment | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/unemployment-in-san-diego/jobless-benefits-extended-minnesota?CID=examiner_alerts_article#ixzz1GhjXtH8W
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Jobless benefits extended in Minn. Empty Re: Jobless benefits extended in Minn.

Post by JaneWI Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:15 pm

I think they are trying to give the impression there are extra benefits being offered so that people will be against a tier 5.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Last time I counted nine states refused to pass the legislation that would allow them to pay extended benefits (EB).

Mississippi refused at a time when the unemployment rate was just under 11% to accept the feds money and pay twenty weeks of EB to unemployed Miss. residents.

Louisiana refused at a time the unemployment rate was 8%.

Glad to see Minnesota is enabling their unemployed to collect the extended benefits paid for by federal monies.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:Last time I counted nine states refused to pass the legislation that would allow them to pay extended benefits (EB).

Mississippi refused at a time when the unemployment rate was just under 11% to accept the feds money and pay twenty weeks of EB to unemployed Miss. residents.

Glad to see Minnesota is enabling their unemployed to collect the extended benefits paid for by federal monies.

I don't understand why states would turn down help for their citizens. It doesn't make sense.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:30 pm

JaneWI wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:Last time I counted nine states refused to pass the legislation that would allow them to pay extended benefits (EB).

I don't understand why states would turn down help for their citizens. It doesn't make sense.

I know it does not make sense and is really cruel when you think about it.

When the Gov of Louisiana, Bobby Jindal, announced we would not be accepting the feds money for EB, a reporter for channel six asked him what advice he had for the unemployed.

Gov Jindals response was "I would advise the unemployed in Louisiana to get a job". Jindal doesn't have a clue and really doesn't care.

Haley Barbour the Governor in Mississippi is going to have the gall to try to run for president. He refused the EB money when unemployment was at 11% in his state. The rate in Miss is still over 10%.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:58 pm

JaneWI wrote:

It's a loan, not free money and the state(s) have to pay it back one day. It's as simple as that, more future debt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:09 pm

booniebeast wrote:
JaneWI wrote:

It's a loan, not free money and the state(s) have to pay it back one day. It's as simple as that, more future debt.

Plain and simple - they don't give a damn about people. It's all about their constituents - the 2%ers. Mad
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Sunrise wrote:
booniebeast wrote:
JaneWI wrote:

Plain and simple - they don't give a damn about people. It's all about their constituents - the 2%ers. Mad

You are correct, Sunrise. No wonder they can't fill some of those govt jobs in New Orleans. The needs of the people are blatantly ignored.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down