Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! Cspan_live_play-1

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

+39
Mags
concernedinKY
Tresa
sportsnut
mrmarti
flowergirl
springflowers
Patriot
mj
dmbishop
Angelika
pc
kellylee123
KeeptheFaith
TR11005
Jeff
jj
L.J.
aloneinpa
dnky7070
Sad American
Feyth
kalst13
js123
MoInSTL
Phillymg
kjps12
lendmeflight2
JaneWI
Corinne
Sunrise
Kat
ET
Riled American
stilllooking
zeke
mrgolf
Quiethawk
Jen
43 posters

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! Empty Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by Jen Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Wisconsin governor threatens to call National Guard on state workers

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2011/feb2011/stat-f14.shtml

Scott Walker, the governor of Wisconsin, announced an assault against
state workers last Friday, eliminating collective bargaining rights and
threatening to fire workers who go on strike. The plan would divert 5.8
percent of workers’ pay to the state pension fund, and an additional
12.6 percent of their pay to employee health care premiums.

When asked by a reporter what will happen if workers resist, Walker
replied that he would call out the National Guard. He said that the
National Guard is “prepared ... for whatever the governor, their
commander-in-chief, might call for ... I am fully prepared for whatever
may happen.”

Last edited by Jen on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by Quiethawk Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:14 pm

And so it begins....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by Jen Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:22 pm

They're not going to stand down like they did in Egypt when the mass protests start. Sad Obviously, the Egyptian military was given the order to stand down by the global powers that be and to let it happen. They don't want to let it happen here. That's why the FEMA camps are ready. Just my opinion.
We just have to hope that enough of our police and military are not brainwashed enough into following unconstitutional illegal orders against the people and that they will refuse to do it.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:36 pm

State workers here in CA. have taken a big hit with furloughs. My social service worker told me that it really hasn't saved the state that much money because, in order to keep up, they have put in a lot of overtime. My guess is that the state will stop authorizing overtime
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zeke Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:41 pm

He's got to do something. My taxes are way outta hand, and the state workers are compensated WAY out of proportion to the private sector. The gravy train must stop. Next, the USPS, a black hole of bailouts that must be privatized, $8.5 Billion in losses last 11 quarters!
zeke
zeke
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:46 pm

zeke wrote:He's got to do something. My taxes are way outta hand, and the state workers are compensated WAY out of proportion to the private sector. The gravy train must stop. Next, the USPS, a black hole of bailouts that must be privatized, $8.5 Billion in losses last 11 quarters!
The way I look at it is that the private sector compensation is WAY too low in proportion to the actual cost of living. I wouldn't want to see others compensation get cut down just because the corporations are underpaying. As far as taxes, most of them don't go toward state workers. They blow most of the money on corporate welfare and other useless stuff instead. They just want to take, take, take from the poor, middle class, and even regular rich and give it all to the extremely ultra-wealthy.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stilllooking Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:28 am

Jen wrote:They're not going to stand down like they did in Egypt when the mass protests start. Sad Obviously, the Egyptian military was given the order to stand down by the global powers that be and to let it happen. They don't want to let it happen here. That's why the FEMA camps are ready. Just my opinion.
We just have to hope that enough of our police and military are not brainwashed enough into following unconstitutional illegal orders against the people and that they will refuse to do it.

I couldn't agree with you more I don't say too much about it because people think you're crazy when you talk about the Fema camps sometimes, but I seriously think we are headed for real big trouble here, worse than what we're already in.
stilllooking
stilllooking
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Taking care of my dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:07 am

stilllooking wrote:
Jen wrote:They're not going to stand down like they did in Egypt when the mass protests start. Sad Obviously, the Egyptian military was given the order to stand down by the global powers that be and to let it happen. They don't want to let it happen here. That's why the FEMA camps are ready. Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree with you more I don't say too much about it because people think you're crazy when you talk about the Fema camps sometimes, but I seriously think we are headed for real big trouble here, worse than what we're already in.

Scarry, but true! Evil or Very Mad
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! Empty Wisconsin Governor threatening to bring in the National Guard!

Post by ET Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:49 pm

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/2/15/wisconsin_governor_launches_attack_on_public

I am back bringing you articles I come across on twitter.
et Very Happy
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er, Graphic Designer, Fine Artist, Scuba Diver, Swimmer, Tennis

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:13 pm

I just found your other post and was just getten ready to say hurry back!

Man I'm good!!!!

Welcome back!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 pm

@knarf...I will post what I can.
Are you a nascar fan?
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:21 pm

ET wrote:@knarf...I will post what I can.
Are you a nascar fan?

Yes, but not quite as much as I once was.

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:39 pm

Another article on this hot topic:
http://www.thenation.com/blog/158609/more-10000-protest-move-wisconsins-dictator-governor-destroy-public-sector-unions

Maybe another Egypt????????
@knarf...sig other is big fan of NASCAR and of course, Football.
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:34 pm

The loss of bargaining rights (union busting) is what's really at greatest issue here in Wisconsin- although wage cuts, and increases in employee contributions to benefits (on top of worker concessions already made since 2008 to save jobs) adds insult to injury.
And it's against the law here for public employees to strike or hold massive "sick-ins".
There have been MANY protests across the state this past week - large and small.

So far - Gov. (dictator) Walker says he "won't back down".

Kat
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Any news in Wisconsin?
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:02 pm

ET wrote:http://www.democracynow.org/2011/2/15/wisconsin_governor_launches_attack_on_public

I am back bringing you articles I come across on twitter.
et Very Happy
I saw this on "Democracy Now" the other day and then did a google search for an article about it and only found one and then I posted it on here. This is just insane that this governor is threatening this!!!!
Maybe I'll merge the threads.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:05 pm

merged Very Happy
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Sunrise wrote:Any news in Wisconsin?

People are still protesting Gov. Walkers Bill--If he cuts this program there will be alot of hurting people here...Special Ed teachers and so on. The unions can just do so much to back up there people..Very sad..you can't even get thru Downtown Milwaukee..It is a peaceful demonstration for now...We're waiting until the s**t hits the fans....
Corinne
Corinne
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm

The unemployed should be there with their picket signs that links the proposed job cuts to the plight of the 99ers and the unemployed in general.

This is free press - MSNBC picked up:

.‘Kill this bill’: Thousands gather in Wisconsin to protest labor law
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:25 pm

@Corinne..please keep us posted. Do you twitter? That would really get the word out.
et
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks guys~ My pc got hit with a huge virus trying to correct it...UGH! it may be days before you hear from me.....
Corinne
Corinne
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:17 pm

latest on Wisconsin.
http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/fox-news-giddy-over-wisconsin-gov-scott-wal
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 pm

It's getting crazy in WI!! Of course, the mainstream media is not covering it. It was the top story on msnbc.com earlier but, now it is buried and it is buried on cnn.com. I haven't seen anything about it on TV other than on Democracy Now, which is on the only independent station. They showed Egypt 24/7 but, won't show Wisconsin. Remember that old song call The Revolution Will Not be Televised? Well, it's true and they knew it back then.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/15/thousands-of-wisconsin-union-workers-protest-budget-plan/
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/results?uploaded=d&search_query=WI+Protest&search_type=videos&suggested_categories=25%2C29&utm_source=upload_restrict_tip_top

Last edited by Jen on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Bottom line on Gov./Dictator Walker's bill....?
CHEAP labor - plain and simple.

Bust up the Unions - all of them, except the ones who donated to his campaign (cops & firefighters).
Know who supports his worker-killing bill?
The Chamber of Commerce - who wants a "friendlier climate" for businesses to operate in Wisconsin... and the Wisconsin Builders Association who will soon have to replace all those illegal workers with cheap/non-union laborers.
I hope we can hang tough and call our Dictator's bluff - I really, really do!

Kat
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next