Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

US experiencing uneven job growth across states...  Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
US experiencing uneven job growth across states...  Cspan_live_play-1

US experiencing uneven job growth across states...  Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

US experiencing uneven job growth across states...

Go down

US experiencing uneven job growth across states...  Empty US experiencing uneven job growth across states...

Post by Quiethawk Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/25/california-jobs-200000-ne_n_840613.html

Michigan's unemployment rate has plummeted from 13.5 percent to 10.4 percent, the biggest drop in the nation. Half of the decline reflects a large drop in the state's work force. Once unemployed workers give up looking for jobs, they are no longer counted as unemployed.
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

US experiencing uneven job growth across states...  Empty Re: US experiencing uneven job growth across states...

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Quiethawk wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/25/california-jobs-200000-ne_n_840613.html

Michigan's unemployment rate has plummeted from 13.5 percent to 10.4 percent, the biggest drop in the nation. Half of the decline reflects a large drop in the state's work force. Once unemployed workers give up looking for jobs, they are no longer counted as unemployed.

They declined money given to the state I believe for the federal extensions. This is probably why the big drop in unemployment. Just about everyone I talk to around here is a 99er or becoming one. I wish they would extend benefits again so they can see the real numbers for unemployment. Altho the newly high school and college grads would not be included.

Back to top Go down