Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt?

+3
mistermunster
TR11005
Kimmymc
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt?

Post by Riled American Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:03 am

Sovereign wrote:Make a new one out of duct tape. Wink

You're wit is always welcome Sovereign. lol!
How's it goin'?
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt?

Post by Sovereign Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:05 am

Pretty good here. Wife is a little sick, got her tucked in and medicated. Now I'm self-medicating as well. Wink
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Ne'er-do-well

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:29 am

Glad you found us! You're a great support.
Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? - Page 2 618340
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kellylee123 Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 am

Kimmymc wrote:
kellylee123 wrote:take a pic of the base where you r adjusting it....jeff can help tommorow he just did this a couple months ago....

Hi Kelly, it just has one roller adjustment on each side in the back. It requires an allen key. I would appreciate any help I can get! I use my treadmill everyday. I wish I would have been more careful when I decided to tighten it.

jeff would like to see pic of the bar where the allen key adjustment is ...
kellylee123
kellylee123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmymc Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:10 pm

kellylee123 wrote:
Kimmymc wrote:
kellylee123 wrote:take a pic of the base where you r adjusting it....jeff can help tommorow he just did this a couple months ago....

Hi Kelly, it just has one roller adjustment on each side in the back. It requires an allen key. I would appreciate any help I can get! I use my treadmill everyday. I wish I would have been more careful when I decided to tighten it.

jeff would like to see pic of the bar where the allen key adjustment is ...

I have officially given up on trying to fix it. My brother is coming over on Thursday. He can fix anything, so I'm sure he can get it back and running for me. Thank you everyone for your help! Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? - Page 2 796653
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Genealogy, Exercise

Back to top Go down

Post by PHoganDive Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi,
The ONLY way to do this is with it running...it only has to be a normal walking pace of 3-4 mph. Be aware of the hazards of moving machinery, no loose clothing, watch where you put your hands, etc. It is somewhat counter intuitive, as the belt moves to the side you tighten. You need to get the belt running so that it is not hard against the end of the roller (side of the treadmill). Pick one side (I use the right hand side for centering adjustments). Make adjustments in 1/8 to 1/4 turn increments, and give the belt 10-15 seconds of running time to 'settle' into the new adjustment before making another adjustment. It will move quickly to about 70-80% of the change, but will continue to slowly drift for quite some time. DON'T make big changes, as you will end up chasing your tail...too far right, then too far left, and back again. Once you get the belt running somewhere in the middle of the roller, adjust the tension by adjusting BOTH adjustment screws in the same direction and the same amount, then fine tune as necessary by adjusting one side to recenter the belt. Again, go in small increments, no more than 1/4 turn at a time, and give it time to settle into its new running position before making another adjustment.

HTH,
Peter

PHoganDive
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Bump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum