Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS Cspan_live_play-1

I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS

+3
Corinne
Quiethawk
Carol in CA
7 posters

Go down

I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS Empty I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS

Post by Carol in CA Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 pm

I received an email Alert today from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner. They addressed the issue about jobs for the unemployed. And state they are interested in creating jobs but first must address some obstacles placed by the Democrats before they are able to get to that issue. ====================================================================== ----- Original Message ----- From: Speaker Alert To: Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2011 4:11 PM Subject: Fighting for the Largest Spending Cuts Possible to Help Create Jobs Fighting for the Largest Spending Cuts Possible to Help Create Jobs April 3, 2011 | Posted by Speaker Boehner's Press Office | Permalink Its been 43 days since the House passed H.R. 1 to fund the government for the rest of the fiscal year and cut spending to end some of the uncertainty facing job creators. Senate Democrats still haven't passed a bill of their own or offered a credible plan to cut spending and keep the government running. Read more below. In the weekly Republican address, Speaker Boehner“ a former small business owner“ talks about how the spending binge in Washington is creating uncertainty for private-sector job creators and holding our economy back. Boehner reiterates Republicans commitment to fighting for the largest spending cuts possible, and says its important to resolve last years budget mess so we can tackle the bigger challenges facing job creation. Click here to watch the address: House Republicans Passed a Bill 43 Days Ago to Cut Spending, Keep the Government Running; Senate Democrats Still Haven't Taken Action Forty-three days after the House passed H.R. 1, Senate Democrats still haven't passed a bill or offered a credible plan to cut spending and keep the government running. Time is running out. Heres a look at Senate Democrats playbook for budget negotiations: 1) refuse to pass a bill, 2) root for a government shutdown, and 3) paint the spending cuts demanded by the American people as extreme. WATCH: Speaker Boehner says there is no agreement with Senate Democrats and that Republicans are fighting for the largest spending cuts possible. First-term Republican lawmakers rallied outside the Capitol Building last week urging the Senate to pass a bill. Read the letter from GOP freshmen to Senate Democratic leaders. WATCH: Speaker Boehner says if Democrats have a plan they should pass the damn thing. Remember: were only in this mess because the Democrat-run Congress failed to even propose a budget last year. Cutting Spending Is Part of Republicans Effort to Create a Better Environment for Job Growth Here is a by-the-numbers analysis of the March jobs report. Republicans are focused on creating a better environment for private sector job growth by getting control of government spending, ending the threat of tax hikes, removing regulatory barriers to job growth (like ObamaCare), and approving stalled trade agreements to open new markets for American exports. WATCH: Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan warns that America faces a crushing burden of debt that is hurting job creation today and threatening our children's prosperity tomorrow. Economists agree. The House voted to save taxpayers $30 billion by cancelling another TARP bailout program. New surveys show independents back Republicans in the fight to cut spending to create a better environment for private sector job growth. Of note: since the American people started speaking out, the debate in Washington has fundamentally shifted from whether to cut spending to how much. Read more. Republicans Rev Up American Energy Initiative to Address Rising Gas Prices, Create Jobs Republicans introduced three bills to stop Washington policies that are driving up gas prices and increasing energy production. Democrats are recycling the same old job-crushing policies. By expanding American energy production,Speaker Boehner said, We can help create more jobs, lower costs, and reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Representatives for American farmers, truckers, and small businesses told Congress that rising gas prices threaten jobs, and the Obama Administrations anti-energy policies aren't helping. The Washington Times says gas prices have doubled since President Obama took office and began blocking American energy production and imposing policies that drive up prices. Surveys show Americans back key elements of the American Energy Initiative, including new offshore energy exploration and production. Don't forget to check out the American Energy Initiative on Facebook. Also Happening: Repealing the ObamaCare Slush Funds, the Report AARP Doesn't Want You to See, & DC School Choice Legislation The House Energy & Commerce Committee voted to repeal several mandatory spending slush funds in ObamaCare, and small business owners are speaking out against the health care law. MUST READ: The House Ways & Means Committee released a new report that shows AARP stands to make $1 billion over 10 years from ObamaCare, the AARP-backed health care law that funds the creation of a massive new entitlement program at the expense of seniors. Read more. WATCH: Leslys Story, a new video on the successful DC school choice program that was reauthorized by the House of Representatives last week. As always, we appreciate your interest in the new House majority and encourage you to stay connected with the Office of the Speaker on Facebook, Twitter, and on Speaker.gov. Have a great week! - Speaker Boehners Press Office SPEAKER PRESS OFFICE REP. JOHN BOEHNER (R-OH) H-232, THE CAPITOL (202) 225-0600 | SPEAKER.GOV

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS Empty Re: I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS

Post by Quiethawk Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:34 pm

I could only read part of it too much bullsh*t for me, got to the line we are only in this mess because of the Democrats hahahahhahahahha guess the trillions of dollars they added to the deficit doesn't count so back in line you sheep.....

Last edited by Quiethawk on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS Empty Re: I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS

Post by Corinne Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:10 pm

In my own words------> CRAP
Corinne
Corinne
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:50 pm

This email I sent.....

Why are you ignoring the 99er’s? What have they done to offend your thoughtful, timely and compassionate consideration in helping them to survive? They worked hard, paid taxes, supported our troops, followed all the rules, they are proud Americans. But you have turned your back on these Americans. Why? Do you honestly believe ignoring this problem is going to make it go away? Or is that your plan? Do you just want them to die? Are you just going to wait until mass people start committing suicide before further discussion about what to do for the millions of people who have absolutely no income. If that’s your plan, then the blood of those who can no longer stand the pain and uncertain futures, who turn to killing themselves will be on all of your hands.
Guess what, we are not going to let our government get away with this abuse of our fellow Americans! Yes, I said OUR government. We will hold you accountable for each and every death. You are not listening to the people, stop playing political games because you are playing with real human beings lives. A fire has been lit in OUR country, Wisconsin is just the beginning, you see it everyday moving across OUR country. We are watching how you are destroying the middle class, providing incentives for outsourcing our jobs, allowing the richest companies in the world to pay no taxes while pushing more and more of our fellow Americans into poverty and homelessness, and for what a few more bucks for Wall Street and the banks.

Do the right thing.
Pass H.R. 589 to help your constituents to survive.

This is the email I got back

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. It's good to hear from you.

Your ideas, comments, and questions help make possible my goal of leading a House of Representatives that listens and reflects the will of the American people. That's why I'd like to ask you to keep speaking out by:

* Visiting Speaker.gov to sign up for email updates on issues that concern you;
* Offering your solutions and engaging other Americans on the challenges facing our country at AmericaSpeakingOut.com;
* Joining the conversation on Facebook.com/OfficeofSpeakerBoehner/; and
* Connecting with my office on Twitter.com/SpeakerBoehner/.

I made a Pledge to America to focus on removing government barriers to private-sector job creation and economic growth - that includes cutting spending to help end the uncertainty facing job creators; repealing the job-crushing health care law and replacing it with common sense reforms that lower costs; reining in excessive regulations; and promoting an American Energy Initiative that increases energy production to create jobs and lower energy prices. I also pledged to lead an effort to reform Congress and rebuild the bonds of trust between the American people and their representatives in Washington. I hope you'll stay engaged and keep me updated on your thoughts as we work to keep this pledge.

Thank you again for contacting me and please stay in touch.
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:02 pm

What a Pathetic response!!!!..."the uncertainty facing job creators" - can't compare to the uncertainty facing unemployed workers!
For God's sake!...for the sake of all that is human and decent -John Boehner needs a serious dose of REALITY!

Kat
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:31 pm

I got the same letter

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmymc Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:44 pm

The only 'alert' that man is interested in is the drink cart alert!

I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS 300816
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Genealogy, Exercise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:19 pm

That sounds like a pre-written response to any comment that is not pro his agenda...I always get donation request emails from Sherrod Brown and his people, I was offended at first, now I just realize they don't read most of the emails we send. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol in CA Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:32 pm

I caught on to that too.
One time I thought I would test them out to see if they read our messages that we post on their official government sites.
So where it states on their sites to click on the subject your are addressing, I click on one I was not writing about.
And then I proceeded to write on their form what I really wanted to contact them about.
And as you can guess they sent me back a canned reply to the subject line instead of what I was writing to them about.
Now you know why they have that thing you either click on to pick a subject (for which they have a pre written response) or write on the subject line what issue you are wanting a reply about. (so their aids will know which canned reply to send you).

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol in CA Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:37 pm

PS: I can understand why the Speaker of the House or something cannot send individual letters out to the millions of Americans in this country. Stop to think about that, it would be an impossible task. But when it comes to our own Reps an we are a constituent that is a different story. They should be able to give a personal reply at least once in a while.
And I did have a couple of them do that. But when you are a constituted and time after time that is all you get is a canned reply that is uncalled for.
Then we need to vote them out as they are showing us they could care less about our concerns.

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:58 pm

I received the same email letter today. To me it is another, blah, blah, cough, blah, blah, blah letter.

I received an Email Alert from the office of the Speaker of the House John Boehner RE: JOBS 951891
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol in CA Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:13 pm

I agree they are pretty good at shining us on.
But we will just have to wait and see.
Meanwhile I will not hold my breath.

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down