Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

What if 589 doesn't pass?  Do you have a Plan B? Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
What if 589 doesn't pass?  Do you have a Plan B? Cspan_live_play-1

What if 589 doesn't pass?  Do you have a Plan B? Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

What if 589 doesn't pass? Do you have a Plan B?

+8
Patriot
mawinz
child of the King
UPCHITCREEK
mrgolf
Quiethawk
tazzy2
rainer123
12 posters

Go down

What if 589 doesn't pass?  Do you have a Plan B? Empty What if 589 doesn't pass? Do you have a Plan B?

Post by rainer123 Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Does anyone have a plan B or C if HR 589 does not pass? I'll be a 99er in just a matter of weeks and am beside myself on what I'm going to do. Of course I am looking for work everyday but no luck. There isn't much out there for someone over 50 years old IMO.

Does anyone have any ideas?

rainer123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

What if 589 doesn't pass?  Do you have a Plan B? Empty Re: What if 589 doesn't pass? Do you have a Plan B?

Post by tazzy2 Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:24 pm

rainer123 wrote:Does anyone have a plan B or C if HR 589 does not pass? I'll be a 99er in just a matter of weeks and am beside myself on what I'm going to do. Of course I am looking for work everyday but no luck. There isn't much out there for someone over 50 years old IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/99ers-for-2012/155209204536845#!/pages/99ers-for-2012/155209204536845?sk=wall

http://creator.zoho.com/99ersnationaldatabase/the-99ers-national-data-base/#Form:Registration
tazzy2
tazzy2
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

What if 589 doesn't pass?  Do you have a Plan B? Empty Re: What if 589 doesn't pass? Do you have a Plan B?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 pm

rainer123 wrote:Does anyone have a plan B or C if HR 589 does not pass? I'll be a 99er in just a matter of weeks and am beside myself on what I'm going to do. Of course I am looking for work everyday but no luck. There isn't much out there for someone over 50 years old IMO.

No real plan here. Its difficult to plan anything without resources.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Well Rainer it's really hard to admit that if this fails so will many people like me that have nothing else. I only have so long before I can no longer keep a roof over my head, I will be in my car, which I will have to hide from the Repo man, so sad it's almost paid off. I am not one for living on the street so if the car goes so do I.... Sorry not a pretty picture but right now reality sucks..... With no income there are not many choices.... I pray for us all.....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:56 pm

If you haven't all ready START SAVING AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU CAN. I stopped worrying about my credit card bills months before my unemployment ran out.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Get ready to apply for food stamps. You probably don't qualify now but you will when you stop getting your UI checks. Apply for expedited service. I got my food stamps within 3 days of my benefits being exhausted
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Exploring living off the grid. Options are limited and I don't plan on starving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:31 am

Curious to know what others plan to do-no plans here just day to day.

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:51 am

Anything i have to do to survive . I've gotten pretty good at that over the last 2 1/2 years.

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by child of the King Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 am

Need2Bworking wrote:Curious to know what others plan to do-no plans here just day to day.
Me too Need2B. I had to cash out my 401k shortly after I lost my job......sold my late husbands truck,my only vehicle, a few months later...sold what little timber I had on my property after that.....I have nothing left...nothing material anyway. Well I have my wedding band and a couple of pieces of inexpensive jewelry that my kids bought me years ago. Jobs are very scarce in the rural area where I live even in good economic times. So I'm taking one day and sometimes one minute at a time and doing a lot of praying. What if 589 doesn't pass?  Do you have a Plan B? 949671
child of the King
child of the King
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Reading . Can't afford anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by mawinz Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Even if it passes I am screwed since I had to open a new claim and only get 124.00 a week. I plan to stay here as long as I can and then pick a kid to move in with- not liking the idea but will have no choice.
mawinz
mawinz
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : industrial seamstress

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:48 am

child of the King wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:Curious to know what others plan to do-no plans here just day to day.
Me too Need2B. I had to cash out my 401k shortly after I lost my job......sold my late husbands truck,my only vehicle, a few months later...sold what little timber I had on my property after that.....I have nothing left...nothing material anyway. Well I have my wedding band and a couple of pieces of inexpensive jewelry that my kids bought me years ago. Jobs are very scarce in the rural area where I live even in good economic times. So I'm taking one day and sometimes one minute at a time and doing a lot of praying. What if 589 doesn't pass?  Do you have a Plan B? 949671

Same here. I also live in a rural area.

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:33 am

As those on HR 4213 slowly become 99ers they will find out what the 99ers have been going through for over 2 years in this jobless economy, that there are no silver bullets and a government FOR the People. The collective fight to include the 99ers in the legislation for HR 4213 never happened and what a price to pay down the road UNLESS their are collective efforts. By the grace of God the 99ers have been scraping & scraping! I'm still melancholy at how it all went down but have still been fighting for HR 589. Question
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 am

I am thinking about selling my house and buying someplace where I will have no mortgage. Not owing any bank sure sounds like a wonderful thing! I used to make fun of people that lived debt free but they are genuises to me now!

I am also thinking of planting a garden. I wish I lived in the city where everything was close by so I could ride a bike or walk. I hate using what little money I have for gas!
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 am

Oh yeah, I am also starting couponing. I can stretch my food stamps money more doing this.
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:51 am

Quiethawk wrote:Well Rainer it's really hard to admit that if this fails so will many people like me that have nothing else. I only have so long before I can no longer keep a roof over my head, I will be in my car, which I will have to hide from the Repo man, so sad it's almost paid off. I am not one for living on the street so if the car goes so do I.... Sorry not a pretty picture but right now reality sucks..... With no income there are not many choices.... I pray for us all.....

This is my life also.. too old to be homeless...

I thought about finding a tent city but not sure how to look or find one not even sure I would make it living like that... not at 53 worked to hard to end up this way.... Embarassed

Judi58
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:36 am

I think after a lot of reflection that for me the answer is to take to the streets and protest. I have had enough and want to be seen and heard. I think the only real chance we have at this point is to start organizing by location and get out there and be seen and heard, we need to demand the media spotlight be placed on the unemployed, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by MassGal Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:12 am

I have a very part time job babysitting. The little money I get from that work helps me to get the essentials to live. If I didn't have food stamps and live with my sister,I don't know what I would do.If it passes that would be great,if not,I will survive,because of the generosity of my sister.
MassGal
MassGal
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:40 am

I have no plan b as I am out of resources....just trying to make it through each week....is hard enough......
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:36 am

MassGal wrote:I have a very part time job babysitting. The little money I get from that work helps me to get the essentials to live. If I didn't have food stamps and live with my sister,I don't know what I would do.If it passes that would be great,if not,I will survive,because of the generosity of my sister.

Glad to hear you will be ok if it does not pass, Mass Gal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down