Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster. Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster. Cspan_live_play-1

It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster. Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster.

+5
Gigi
Michfemale11
elvis44102
Sunrise
ET
9 posters

Go down

It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster. Empty It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster.

Post by ET Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 pm

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/money/fla-unemployment-jobless-locals-dread-squeeze-on-benefits-1390299.html
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er, Graphic Designer, Fine Artist, Scuba Diver, Swimmer, Tennis

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster. Empty Re: It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster.

Post by Sunrise Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:44 pm

The bill also would allow employers to deny more employees benefits by making
it easier to fire them for cause.

Would make it easier for employers to deny former employees benefits by
redefining the word 'misconduct,' redefining 'good cause' for
voluntarily leaving a job and broadening evidence that can be presented
at benefits hearings, including the use of hearsay evidence as long as
that use follows rules established in civil legal procedure.

I am sure that a lot employers will abuse this. Mad

Last edited by Sunrise on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster. Empty Re: It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster.

Post by elvis44102 Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:45 pm

""The bill "sends a message to the business community that Florida is interested in becoming the most business-friendly state in the country," Holder said. "It is a measured approach to helping our businesses keep their employees and have the opportunity to hire new employees." ""

It sure does "send a message".....come on "biussiness-people" set up shop here....If we work it right I can bring back slavery to lower your costs even more......
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Michfemale11 Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Snippets from the article:

*The Florida Legislature is considering a bill that would be the toughest in the U.S. when it comes to collecting jobless benefits. It would cut the maximum duration of payments from 26 to 20 weeks for people applying after Aug. 1. And as the unemployment rate drops, benefits could last as few as 12 weeks.

*The bill also would allow employers to deny more employees benefits by making it easier to fire them for cause.

*Florida already pays one of the lowest rates of unemployment benefits in the country - a maximum of $275 per week. According to Andrew Stettner, deputy director of the National Employment Law Project in New York, "You're going from being stingy to being the stingiest"

It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster. 183394 Yep, smells horrible.
Michfemale11
Michfemale11
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Full time mom, 99er, seeking work

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:00 pm

The people who voted for Rick Scott deserve what they get. Many voters are ignorant when voting, they just assume changing parties will make it better. They don't read or listen to the candidates before voting. Ignorance is bliss.

It's a shame that the unemployed in the Florida will suffer because of him.

It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster. 822786
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aloneinpa Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:37 pm

What a disgrace this governor is and what is happening to the workers and the unemployed is a shame and it is obnoxious behavior and possibly illegal. The "use of hearsay evidence" at benefit hearings!!!?? I hope someone in the Florida legislature challenges this bill.
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:35 pm

aloneinpa wrote:What a disgrace this governor is and what is happening to the workers and the unemployed is a shame and it is obnoxious behavior and possibly illegal. The "use of hearsay evidence" at benefit hearings!!!?? I hope someone in the Florida legislature challenges this bill.

I really hope that someone challenges this, but so many bad things have gone through in Florida, I doubt it would work.

It's official, Florida is now the worst in the country to collect unemployment benefits thanks to Rick Scott, billionaire fraudster. 843100
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fb2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:10 pm

From what I have read online, this is something the House wants to do (26 to 20 weeks) but the Senate is strongly opposed to. So if they can't agree on it then it won't pass - right? http://capitolcomments.blogs.heraldtribune.com/10431/push-to-cut-unemployment-benefits-moves-forward/

fb2011
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:23 pm

fb2011 wrote:From what I have read online, this is something the House wants to do (26 to 20 weeks) but the Senate is strongly opposed to. So if they can't agree on it then it won't pass - right? http://capitolcomments.blogs.heraldtribune.com/10431/push-to-cut-unemployment-benefits-moves-forward/

Your link only solidifies what is being said. Does the Florida Senate hold a majority on the Dems. side? If not, than it will pass.

Back to top Go down

Post by aloneinpa Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:16 pm

knarf wrote:
fb2011 wrote:From what I have read online, this is something the House wants to do (26 to 20 weeks) but the Senate is strongly opposed to. So if they can't agree on it then it won't pass - right? http://capitolcomments.blogs.heraldtribune.com/10431/push-to-cut-unemployment-benefits-moves-forward/

Your link only solidifies what is being said. Does the Florida Senate hold a majority on the Dems. side? If not, than it will pass.

According to wikipedia, republicans have the majority 28-12. Can any Floridians verify?
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:21 pm

aloneinpa wrote:
knarf wrote:

According to wikipedia, republicans have the majority 28-12. Can any Floridians verify?

Kinda figured that. Didn't even bother looking it up, as this was a first time poster.
Pretty much know what that equals,,,right?

There is no food in my pantry.

Back to top Go down

Post by fb2011 Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm a first time poster, so what exactly does that equal? I posted that showing although the Republicans have the majority in both houses, the Republicans in the Senate do not want to cut the weeks of unemployment.

Now I will be a last time poster. I don't like to frequent places with azzhats and apparently this is one of those places.

fb2011
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:36 pm

fb2011 wrote:I'm a first time poster, so what exactly does that equal? I posted that showing although the Republicans have the majority in both houses, the Republicans in the Senate do not want to cut the weeks of unemployment.

Now I will be a last time poster. I don't like to frequent places with azzhats and apparently this is one of those places.

Welcome aboard fb2011! Glad to see you found us.

You will find that everyone is entitled to an opinion here and all are welcome. We do ask that our members be respectful of one another ( no name calling).

Please check out the rest of the forum-you will find lots of helpful info and moral support. We are all in this together.

Back to top Go down

Post by pugsrit Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:04 pm

I feel bad for all of our comrades in these unemployment unfriendly states. It is ridiculous. This is where Federal law should trump State laws. If the feds made available funds to states with UE over lets say 6.5 then that is how it should be. How unfair is it to the person who lives in a state with high unemployment who is denied these funds? Most of these state politicians are using this issue to further their political futures and not what is in the best interest of their constituents. MO is an example of 4 politicians who wanted publicity and a moment to grandstand. I think what happened here is they under estimated the reaction from the public. MO has an UE rate of 9.4% That is a considerable amount of people who are out of work. that is not taking into consideration the underemployed or folks who have exhausted. I believe it backfired here but we still don't know if the funds will be excepted. I just know that if an election were held today Senator Lembke would not be re-elected.
pugsrit
pugsrit
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : family time, pets and arts and crafts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:15 pm

I think the state of Mississippi is the absolute worst. Miss. pays the lowest weekly benefit amount, makes people fight like heck to get unemployment , and refused the money for EB. The state rate is still near 11%.

Remember the Governors name Haley Barbour, he intends to run for President, as soon as he burns Miss to the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down