Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Inside the Budget Deal  H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Inside the Budget Deal  H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted Cspan_live_play-1

Inside the Budget Deal  H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Inside the Budget Deal H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted

+3
Sunrise
stilllooking
Quiethawk
7 posters

Go down

Inside the Budget Deal  H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted Empty Inside the Budget Deal H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted

Post by Quiethawk Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:20 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/12/inside-the-budget-deal_n_848089.html

Key highlights include:

* $600 million in cuts to community health centers programs.

* $414 million in cuts to grants for state and local police departments.

* A whopping $1.6 billion cut in the Environmental Protection Agency's budget, of which
nearly $1 billion comes from grants for clean water and other projects by local
governments and Indian tribes.

* Cuts to homeland security programs for the first time ever, though much of the agency's
two percent decrease stems from a $786 million cut in first responder grants to state
and local governments.

* A $7 million cut to the Bureau of Public Debt, which accounts for and provides reports on
the debt.

* A $1 billion cut to HIV and disease-prevention funds.

* A $3 billion cut to agriculture programs, the biggest portion of which comes from the
Women Infants and Children fund, which loses $504 million.

* A $390 million cut to low-income heating assistance; Community Development Funds
are cut by $942 million.

* Contributions to the United Nations and other international institutions are cut by $377
million.

* $45 million pulled from nuclear nonproliferation funds.

* A $650 million cut to federal highway investments.

* A rider tucked in by lawmakers from Western states that allows states to remove
wolves from the endangered species list.

Last edited by Quiethawk on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Inside the Budget Deal  H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted Empty Re: Inside the Budget Deal H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted

Post by Quiethawk Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 pm

http://www.opencongress.org/articles/view/2261-CR-Unveiled-Deep-Cuts-to-Everything-But-the-Military

Open Congress lists:

# Funding for data transparency and civic engagement projects would re reduced by 75%. More from Sunlight Foundation.
# Funding for new high speed rail projects would be eliminated and existing projects would be cut by $1.5 billion, more than 50%.
# Community health centers would lose $600 million and sexually transmitted disease prevention funds would be reduced by $1 billion.
# The Environmental Protection Agency would see an across-the-board 16% cut.
# The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) would be cut by $500 million, from $7.3 billion to $6.8 billion.
# The “Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan” (CO-OP) that was created by the new health care reform law to foster the creation of non-profit health insurers to compete with for-profit companies would be eliminated.
# “Free Choice Vouchers,” another health care reform creation, would be eliminated. They wee designed to allow employees to opt out of the plan offered by their employer and shop for a plan they prefer while still receiving the employer’s contribution
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Inside the Budget Deal  H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted Empty Re: Inside the Budget Deal H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted

Post by stilllooking Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:31 pm

OMG
stilllooking
stilllooking
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Taking care of my dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:50 pm

This is just AWFUL! I can kiss a couple of Federal jobs good bye because of cuts to their programs. Crying or Very sad

Why didn't they try something like this - take from the wealthy!

Inside the Budget Deal  H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted Taxes-10
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by L.Montana Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Well now,isn't that just so nice of them?? Now we can throw the poor, new moms with babies under the bus too?? Sad Heat assistance?? Well lets make those new moms & babiees freeze while they starve Evil or Very Mad I don't know,but I think some of those jerks need to "walk a mile in our shoes". Like that show secret millionaire....lets throw a few senators,congressmen & reps into our shoes....for, lets say a month or two,,,wonder if they'd survive?? What a Face Sorry guys,just having a really rough day......Lori

L.Montana
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aloneinpa Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:22 pm

L.Montana wrote:Well now,isn't that just so nice of them?? Now we can throw the poor, new moms with babies under the bus too?? Sad Heat assistance?? Well lets make those new moms & babiees freeze while they starve Evil or Very Mad I don't know,but I think some of those jerks need to "walk a mile in our shoes". Like that show secret millionaire....lets throw a few senators,congressmen & reps into our shoes....for, lets say a month or two,,,wonder if they'd survive?? What a Face Sorry guys,just having a really rough day......Lori

Never apoligize for speaking the truth, Lori. Personally, I think alot worse should be done to them. Twisted Evil
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:07 pm

This is not the change I voted for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:This is not the change I voted for.

X2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Bottom Line _______
There is no sign of a real plan by our government to bring back jobs at the number that realistically can employ all the UE. Any assistance that those that have not been able to regain employment is being stopped. I have seen nothing but DISASTER after DISASTER since Prez O took office. He has done nothing on his own accord to help the UE, Bush signed the 99 weeks before he left. Since then all it is, one big delay, GOP crapping all over his Administration, and he just let's it happen. The most pathetic display of leadership I have witnessed. President Reagan who was an actor, did a better job than Prez O. IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Mobs wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:This is not the change I voted for.

X2

X3

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:54 pm

This truly a disgrace to this once great nation! Inside the Budget Deal  H.R. 1473: Vulnerable Populations Targeted 822786

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by L.Montana Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Yhea....almost embrassing to say we live here silent .....and I heard somewhere that Obama might be running again?? Wonder who'll fall for "change" the 2nd time around? Wow,I really am on a roll...I'd better get off here,least I offend someone......... Wink Like I said before just not my day! Lori

L.Montana
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Everything is making me wonder lately. For many of these people losing their small life lines will have a serious negative impact on their lives. If we as a country can afford to continue tax breaks for the wealthy. If we as a country can afford to have many companies pay nothing for taxes, we can afford these basic services for the most vulnerable.

Our society must make it right and possible for old people not to fear the young or be deserted by them, for the test of a civilization is the way that it cares for its helpless members.~Pearl S. Buck (1892-1973), My Several Worlds [1954].
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:29 pm

JaneWI wrote:Everything is making me wonder lately. For many of these people losing their small life lines will have a serious negative impact on their lives. If we as a country can afford to continue tax breaks for the wealthy. If we as a country can afford to have many companies pay nothing for taxes, we can afford these basic services for the most vulnerable.

Our society must make it right and possible for old people not to fear the young or be deserted by them, for the test of a civilization is the way that it cares for its helpless members.~Pearl S. Buck (1892-1973), My Several Worlds [1954].

Tell it like it is, Jane!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down