Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Boehner: If some federal workers lose jobs because of GOP cuts, 'so be it' (CNN - 2/15/11)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boehner: If some federal workers lose jobs because of GOP cuts, 'so be it' (CNN - 2/15/11)

Post by Sunrise on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:13 pm

House Speaker John Boehner said Tuesday if some federal workers lose
jobs because of Republican-proposed spending cuts, "so be it." But
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was quick to say "not so be it."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/15/boehner-if-some-federal-workers-lose-jobs-because-of-gop-cuts-so-be-it/

How's that for caring about the plight of the unemployed?
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Boehner: If some federal workers lose jobs because of GOP cuts, 'so be it' (CNN - 2/15/11)

Post by rubeNG on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:22 pm

yeah, so much for caring and having compassion.
rubeNG
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Boehner: If some federal workers lose jobs because of GOP cuts, 'so be it' (CNN - 2/15/11)

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Was he sober when he said it. Give him a few, maybe he'll chill out. The man is heartless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:41 pm

"Give him a few" and he'll start crying over how bad the richy-rich have suffered in this recession! Evil or Very Mad

You can't use words like "compassion" or "caring" in the same sentence as "Boehner". Mad

Kat
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:03 pm

Kat wrote:"Give him a few" and he'll start crying over how bad the richy-rich have suffered in this recession! Evil or Very Mad

You can't use words like "compassion" or "caring" in the same sentence as "Boehner". Mad

I posted an article from the Huffington Post this morning. Barbara Bush
made a comment to George H.W. that if he kept crying, he would make a
good Speaker of the House. I guess HW cried after he received some
special honor from Obama.
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 pm

He slipped up and showed his true colors. He could not care less about jobs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:He slipped up and showed his true colors. He could not care less about jobs.

What is his true color? All I see is a blinding orange that clashes with the pink tie he always wears. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:12 pm

I always kinda liked "Babs" ( probably her sharp toungue - lol)...very telling "little George" couldn't make it to Daddy's award ceremony, huh?

Kat
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:20 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:He slipped up and showed his true colors. He could not care less about jobs.

What is his true color? All I see is a blinding orange that clashes with the pink tie he always wears. Shocked

His true color is Yellow, he is such a coward. The tan just covers it up. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:21 pm

first off the dummy had his facts wrong/ there were 58000 federal jobs created not 200 thousand.the mans an idiot
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks for the info. I thought the yellow was early stages of cirrhosis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:24 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Thanks for the info. I thought the yellow was early stages of cirrhosis.

Gee I hope you are right, could not happen to a bigger jerk!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Sunrise wrote:House Speaker John Boehner said Tuesday if some federal workers lose
jobs because of Republican-proposed spending cuts, "so be it." But
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was quick to say "not so be it."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/15/boehner-if-some-federal-workers-lose-jobs-because-of-gop-cuts-so-be-it/

How's that for caring about the plight of the unemployed?

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi seized on Boehner's comments in a speech on the floor, saying Republicans' proposed cuts would leave many in the cold.
"Democrats do not subscribe to Speaker Boehner's verdict that if jobs are lost in this continuing resolution, so be it," Pelosi said. "Maybe so be it for him. But not so be it for the people who are losing their jobs."
Asked at a news conference about Boehner's comments about federal workers, New Jersey Democrat Rob Andrews pounced.
"What I'd wonder – so what if it's air traffic controllers that make the skies safe? So what if it's FBI personnel working in labs that do DNA testing of suspects? So what if it's border security officers keeping people from getting into the country illegally? So what if it's USDA meat inspectors that make sure our food supply is safe? So what if it's people who test the cleanliness of our drinking water or test for radioactivity in our land?"
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:28 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
lol!
Not a big deal but I believe she was referring to her grand daughter who was doing the interview who was also crying
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:31 pm

We must remember that people like cry baby and others like him are so far removed from the reality of the average American, they haven't a clue to what life is really like. They drive(if they acually do the driving)their expensive cars, live in their gated communities, and never see people like "us." We don't exsist in their world. We are nothing more than statistics, and they can't even get those right!
Mags
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 pm

I will not consider any vote for repubs. what so ever! I won't vote for Obama, but sure done with the repubs.. . Thats a lot for me!
Better be a good independent or libertarian!
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:36 pm

I just heard him on MSNBC. And that's what we've got to look forward to? The booze is definitley working. drunken
His attitude fits the condition. Need I say anymore!!!

Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:37 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:I will not consider any vote for repubs. what so ever! I won't vote for Obama, but sure done with the repubs.. . Thats a lot for me!
Better be a good independent or libertarian!

Just don't go all teaparty on us No No

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:38 pm

[quote="Mags"]We must remember that people like cry baby and others like him are so far removed from the reality of the average American, they haven't a clue to what life is really like. They drive(if they acually do the driving)their expensive cars, live in their gated communities, and never see people like "us." We don't exsist in their world. We are nothing more than statistics, and they can't even get those right![/quot

They are NOT removed from anything!!!! Thats a cop out!!! They just don't care!!! Removed is an escape from the truth!! They absolutely don't care! the tea party has created a monster. arrogant and also now they are programmable . They have a Hugh surprise coming in 2012.. Obama is not a lock either unless he creates a miracle but the repubs. will lose because the less of two evils will win! I am not an Obama hater, but tired of his ego speeches and no results.. so next yr and 1/2 better be miraculous!
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:41 pm

I'll vote for someone who runs from this forum!

It is terrible frightening! In past years when repubs. had to get conservative and make cuts at least they sympathized and still made cuts but now its hey, go somewhere and die you dogs!Its your fault. You are leaches and lazy! This is terrible!
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:15 pm

[quote="unemployed2long/1208"]
Mags wrote:We must remember that people like cry baby and others like him are so far removed from the reality of the average American, they haven't a clue to what life is really like. They drive(if they acually do the driving)their expensive cars, live in their gated communities, and never see people like "us." We don't exsist in their world. We are nothing more than statistics, and they can't even get those right![/quot

They are NOT removed from anything!!!! Thats a cop out!!! They just don't care!!! Removed is an escape from the truth!! They absolutely don't care! the tea party has created a monster. arrogant and also now they are programmable . They have a Hugh surprise coming in 2012.. Obama is not a lock either unless he creates a miracle but the repubs. will lose because the less of two evils will win! I am not an Obama hater, but tired of his ego speeches and no results.. so next yr and 1/2 better be miraculous!

Not a cop out! I'm on your side! I agree they just don't care! That was my point. They don't want to care. They don't have to care because they will never want for anything. They don't live the average life. I do believe they are removed from the reality of life. Don't think any congress critter is taking cans down for afew bucks or shopping at K-Mart! LOL

"We must remember" was sarcastic, not in defense of these heartless souls. I feel used. They took all of our tax $$$ for decades, then hung us out to dry when things got tough, thinking the younger generation will replace our tax dollars. Well, that may not work out if there are NO jobs for any Americans. I'm rambling. Just get so angry at this entire situation. I've lost everything.
I
Mags
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:26 pm

They have NO intention of creating ONE jobs
bills. They want to cut $100 Billion from THIS year's budget to make
sure 1 Million jobs are destroyed so they can blame Obama so they can
vote him out. One more misstep in their completely MORONIC governing
which will be their UNDOING and EVENTUALLY DEFEAT! Message to the
Republicans AND the Tea Party keep it up or YOU WILL BE DEFEATED!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 pm

mrgolf wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
lol!
Not a big deal but I believe she was referring to her grand daughter who was doing the interview who was also crying

No, she was definitely talking about Big George. I read the article. It is here somewhere, I'll try to find it in the morning. I thought it was pretty funny, she tells it like it is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:43 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
mrgolf wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
lol!

No, she was definitely talking about Big George. I read the article. It is here somewhere, I'll try to find it in the morning. I thought it was pretty funny, she tells it like it is!

Yea that was funny. The old lady has no filter Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:They have NO intention of creating ONE jobs
bills. They want to cut $100 Billion from THIS year's budget to make
sure 1 Million jobs are destroyed so they can blame Obama so they can
vote him out. One more misstep in their completely MORONIC governing
which will be their UNDOING and EVENTUALLY DEFEAT! Message to the
Republicans AND the Tea Party keep it up or YOU WILL BE DEFEATED!

I'm not a Rep., but I do remember when the idea of the Tea Party came about. I was on a group that got e-mail messages about starting this thing, and it was only about taxation without representation. I don't know what happened, but it took off big time in a whole different direction. It really wasn't a bad thing in the very beginning. Then it caught on for people like Beck and others to take it in another direction. Beck wasn't bad afew years ago. He had some good points. He is now on my crazy list, as well as others like him. I'm not pro liberal either, but this "Tea" thing is out of control.
Mags
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum