Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Manufacturing Sector Won't Solve Jobs Crisis, Economists Say  Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Manufacturing Sector Won't Solve Jobs Crisis, Economists Say  Cspan_live_play-1

Manufacturing Sector Won't Solve Jobs Crisis, Economists Say  Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Manufacturing Sector Won't Solve Jobs Crisis, Economists Say

3 posters

Go down

Manufacturing Sector Won't Solve Jobs Crisis, Economists Say  Empty Manufacturing Sector Won't Solve Jobs Crisis, Economists Say

Post by Quiethawk Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:39 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/manufacturing-growth-employment_n_852136.html
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Manufacturing Sector Won't Solve Jobs Crisis, Economists Say  Empty Re: Manufacturing Sector Won't Solve Jobs Crisis, Economists Say

Post by Sunrise Sun May 01, 2011 12:25 am

"This is what corporations have become good at doing: generating profits without generating a lot of labor costs," said Lazonick. "We’re still in a jobless recovery." But, instead of investing in innovation or the labor force, Lazonick continued, companies are focused on using profits to boost stock prices. He added that stock prices had become nearly the sole measure of economic performance for many companies.

That, he added, is "much to the detriment of the whole U.S. economy."

So that the rich get richer is what this equates to. Aren't we due for a stock market crash.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Manufacturing Sector Won't Solve Jobs Crisis, Economists Say  Empty Re: Manufacturing Sector Won't Solve Jobs Crisis, Economists Say

Post by theend Sun May 01, 2011 2:44 am

I just typed I huge post for this thread that was deleted when I tried to post it because I got logged out while typing. Ill do a quick one Eaton on that list closed all there US plants in like 2005(most of them anyway). They where building 12 new plants in china at that time.Basically they have an office and a warehouse in the US to sell us the s**t made in china.That probably fits for most of those companies on the list. US companies are investing in other countries NOT HERE. China mexico and india. To name 3 big ones.Everything you can think of is made in china. Like I said somewhere else on this forum they dont give a dam about us.The workers!

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down