Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate

+6
truth
Phillymg
elvis44102
Sunrise
JaneWI
Gigi
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate - Page 3 Empty Re: White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate

Post by Gigi Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Phillymg,

No, I was not pointing my finger only at you but sometimes you are annoying. You're like a boil on my a$$. I feel you are quoting me many times, (I don't know if I should be flattered or angry) but I try very hard to ignore you. I have to say, I do admire you very much, you are knowledgeable in some political topics (some, I don't want your ego to inflate any bigger than what it is now) and your tenacity is overwhelming at times. You should be in Washington as a lobbyist for the 99ers. Again, I admire you, Phillymg, and it is good to hear about your active part in helping the 99ers. Thank you.

Now, that's see what Sunrise has to say. I forgot to spellcheck this message. That's alright, Sunrise will proofread and correct all my errors.

Peace, Phillymg

White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate - Page 3 55524
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate - Page 3 Empty Re: White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate

Post by elvis44102 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:20 pm

by booniebeast Today at 23:11

""This topic title is dead Fred, as I've said who cares? They should have verified all this before the elections, now its just water under the bridge and a waste of time to keep debating it""

I agree!
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:23 pm

by booniebeast Today at 23:11

""This topic title is dead Fred, as I've said who cares? They should have verified all this before the elections, now its just water under the bridge and a waste of time to keep debating it""

I agree!
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:32 pm

Like Truth, my political beliefs changed too. I grew up in Michigan in a family who always voted Republican. I always voted Republican as well. It wasn't till 2007 that my beliefs changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:42 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Second, it's in English. Why wouldn't it be in Swahili, the language people speak in Kenya?
LMF--It's a good question but by 1961 the British had gotten a pretty good foothold on many parts of Africa thru colonialization. Everything official was in English. (Except for where it was French, German, Portuguese etc.)

lendmeflight2 wrote:I don't care about national prayer day.
But Obama *does* care about national prayer day & proclaims it every year which is why it's strange that extreme rightwing people complain about him as if he doesn't. What they're unhappy about is that he won't give lip service to getting rid of abortion & gays like Reagan, BushI, & BushII did. Obama won't attend the right to life breakfasts that the extreme right hold on national prayer day. That ticks them off.

lendmeflight2 wrote:religion and state should be entirely separated.
That's what our Founding Fathers thought too. So much so that they put it into the Constitution. Unfortunately as we know Glenn Beck & his ilk disagree with the Founding Fathers on this point.

lendmeflight2 wrote:There should be no national day of prayer.
Harry Truman got it started so we have him to blame. He was feeling guilty about Hiroshima & Nagasaki.

lendmeflight2 wrote:The whole Muslim thing is stupid too.
I feel badly for the massive majority of American Muslims (& world Muslims) who have gotten caught in the crosshairs of the presidential elections of 2008 & 2012. If Hillary Clinton had won the nomination she would have won the White House & all we'd be hearing would be 'Whitewater' & 'Vince Foster' & 'Monica Lewinsky'. Nary a word about Muslims. It's only because Obama's dad was a Muslim that Muslims all of a sudden got targeted. While GWBush was President it was all about 'let's love the Muslims' & repeated Muslim Iftar Prayer Events at the WH. In making war on Afghanistan & Iraq Bush & Cheney were extremely clear that they believed Muslims to be good people who didn't support the power-hungry Osama Bin Laden & Sadaam Hussein.

Sorry I'm pontificating.....again..... geek

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:05 am

Gigi wrote:No, I was not pointing my finger only at you but sometimes you are annoying. You're like a boil on my a$$. I feel you are quoting me many times
I'm afraid to admit.....but feel I have no choice but to admit the truth.....that I know most of the members on this forum feel the same way that you do about me!!

geek

PS--I just finished posting that long reply quoting LMF & then read your post!!
geek geek lol!

Lol just don't call me Socrates.....then I'll have to drink poison after insulting everyone I know!!

farao

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:06 am

elvis44102 wrote:by booniebeast Today at 23:11

I agree!

I agree. This topic title is dead Fred.
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:54 am

Phillymg wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:Second, it's in English. Why wouldn't it be in Swahili, the language people speak in Kenya?
LMF--It's a good question but by 1961 the British had gotten a pretty good foothold on many parts of Africa thru colonialization. Everything official was in English. (Except for where it was French, German, Portuguese etc.)

lendmeflight2 wrote:I don't care about national prayer day.
But Obama *does* care about national prayer day & proclaims it every year which is why it's strange that extreme rightwing people complain about him as if he doesn't. What they're unhappy about is that he won't give lip service to getting rid of abortion & gays like Reagan, BushI, & BushII did. Obama won't attend the right to life breakfasts that the extreme right hold on national prayer day. That ticks them off.

lendmeflight2 wrote:religion and state should be entirely separated.
That's what our Founding Fathers thought too. So much so that they put it into the Constitution. Unfortunately as we know Glenn Beck & his ilk disagree with the Founding Fathers on this point.

lendmeflight2 wrote:There should be no national day of prayer.
Harry Truman got it started so we have him to blame. He was feeling guilty about Hiroshima & Nagasaki.

lendmeflight2 wrote:The whole Muslim thing is stupid too.
I feel badly for the massive majority of American Muslims (& world Muslims) who have gotten caught in the crosshairs of the presidential elections of 2008 & 2012. If Hillary Clinton had won the nomination she would have won the White House & all we'd be hearing would be 'Whitewater' & 'Vince Foster' & 'Monica Lewinsky'. Nary a word about Muslims. It's only because Obama's dad was a Muslim that Muslims all of a sudden got targeted. While GWBush was President it was all about 'let's love the Muslims' & repeated Muslim Iftar Prayer Events at the WH. In making war on Afghanistan & Iraq Bush & Cheney were extremely clear that they believed Muslims to be good people who didn't support the power-hungry Osama Bin Laden & Sadaam Hussein.

Sorry I'm pontificating.....again..... geek

I don't know about the English thing. You are right that the English empire made the Kenyan people speak English and that's why they have two national languages. I would expect it to at least be in both languages. I have a friend who is from east Africa as well, except he is from Ghana. Ghana only has one national language, English. However, he only speaks English when he is talking to me. When he speaks to his Ghanian friends he speaks whatever local language they speak.

People believe a lot of crazy things, I think Scientology is crazy for example.
I really don't care what people believe, I just ask for a credible reason. Especially when I offer credible, logical proof to the contrary. This is sort of how debates work.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by X Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:48 am

This subject is ridiculous. Plain and simple, ridiculous. But carry on since I don't see the point.
X
X
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:54 am

LMF--

In the 1800s-1900s when Westerners took over, most of Africa was *pre-literate* meaning that African languages weren't written but oral.

African orality is something to be greatly admired. Today in Africa the few surviving shaman elders can recite FOR DAYS. Leaders can recite from memory info carried down thru millenia like medical, geographical, historical, geographical, mathematical, rhetorical, philosophical, scientific, political, sociological, psychological, & you-name-it. Europeans themselves were like that when Latin was the only language of literacy limited to a select few. Chinese for millenia managed to confine the ability to read & write to a few elite. Arabic cultures were similar for along time with few able to write the language.

The pre-literate condition of Africans is why written English easily gained a foothold in Africa (& in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh in S Asia) because the peoples were pre-literate to begin with. That's not to say their oral traditions in their ancestral languages weren't rich.....just to say that the Westerners came along & set up/took over bureaucracies with the power of European written languages. Written Swahili exists today as a written language largely due to how the written English language helped it to survive.....but no way in 1961 was written Swahili or any other African language used for bureaucratic recordkeeping.

In Africa before Westerners began to take over.....basically the *only* written language used for recordkeeping (of births, deaths, etc.) was ARABIC which was used alot. In terms of written communication the Arabic language pretty much controlled the African continent before the Europeans showed up. By 1961 the Europeans had wrestled written bureaucracy out of the hands of Arabic & into the hands of English etc. Only in the Mideast & North Africa did written Arabic survive. Also written Persian survived in Iran & Turkish in Turkey. Hebrew has also been a longstanding written language. Hindi in India has been fighting to hang on despite a losing battle.

So I guess what I'm saying is that IF Obama was secretly born in Africa & IF there were a birth certificate written in a non-European language--then that language would have been ARABIC.

Lol I'm imagining the Teabaggers translating a birth certificate originally written in Arabic. affraid They might go nutz just thinking about it!!

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:58 am

Sleep SleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleep
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:59 am

X wrote:This subject is ridiculous. Plain and simple, ridiculous. But carry on since I don't see the point.

I am with ya X, what a stupid thread to begin with. Michelle is from Venus and O came from Mars! Too bad I cant lock this as it violates no rules! Really people!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:12 am

JaneWI wrote:This has been a distracting non-issue for too long. My questions to the group are:
1. Has there ever been any other president that has been asked to produce a long form birth certificate?
2. If asked, has any other president produced it?
3. Why was this issue even brought up, is it because he was born in Hawaii and some people don't count that as part of the United States?
4. Now that Obama has produced his birth certificate, will it mean anything to those that don't want to believe he is a natural citizen of this country?
One must ask oneself who brought this topic up in the first place & why.

I'm not talking about the DAWU blog. I'm talking about the birthers. They created this controversy.

I never even thought about it till they made the fake claim about Obama. Obviously if the claim had any merit Hillary Clinton would have exposed it when she was fighting like heck to beat Obama & become President of the United States.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by X Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 am

booniebeast wrote:
X wrote:This subject is ridiculous. Plain and simple, ridiculous. But carry on since I don't see the point.

I am with ya X, what a stupid thread to begin with. Michelle is from Venus and O came from Mars! Too bad I cant lock this as it violates no rules! Really people!

For real. President Obama is a very intelligent individual. With all he continues to deal with and look the other way on, I CHALLENGE anyone to suggest a better leader. Leaders in this country represent this country, but they don't dictate.

It's not fair to judge from the sidelines. I would not want President Obama's position for even one hour. I think he is great. I think he needs our support. I think we need to express what the hell we'll do with 14 weeks of appeasement instead of whining. And again support our President.

Okay?

Jazzy Jeff
X
X
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:21 am

booniebeast wrote:Michelle is from Venus and O came from Mars!
Makes one wonder where Boehner, Cantor, & McConnell are from.....

Mars because they're male.....

Or that place called H E doublehockeysticks (as their pal Palin would say.....)??

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:26 am

X wrote:
booniebeast wrote:

For real. President Obama is a very intelligent individual. With all he continues to deal with and look the other way on, I CHALLENGE anyone to suggest a better leader. Leaders in this country represent this country, but they don't dictate.

It's not fair to judge from the sidelines. I would not want President Obama's position for even one hour. I think he is great. I think he needs our support. I think we need to express what the hell we'll do with 14 weeks of appeasement instead of whining. And again support our President.

Okay?

Jazzy Jeff

I do and always have supported him! He can out ot the blocks on fire, He knew what the issues were but his mistake was making healthcare a top priority in the beginning

Back to top Go down

Post by X Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:25 am

Oh for god's sake, cut it!

I think some people just like to see their writing published online.

Cut it!
X
X
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:41 am

X wrote:Oh for god's sake, cut it!

Cut it!

You do not reference your statement, cut what?
Simple rhetoric opinion chit chat? What is it you object to? If you dont have a counter point, you need to stay quiet.

Back to top Go down

Post by X Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:14 am

booniebeast wrote:

Cut it!

Simple rhetoric opinion chit chat? What is it you object to? If you dont have a counter point, you need to stay quiet.

What the hell do you think I'm referencing? This tread topic is for the birds. So CUT IT! Don't come down on me. I don't like your tone. Gatorade helps.
X
X
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:14 am

X wrote:
booniebeast wrote:

Cut it!

What the hell do you think I'm referencing? This tread topic is for the birds. So CUT IT! Don't come down on me. I don't like your tone. Gatorade helps.

Still no statement why? If you don't agree with whatever, explain your point of view. I wasn't being mean but you need to tone down your comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3