Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Collision Course! Obama's threatened veto raises prospects of government shutdown!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Collision Course! Obama's threatened veto raises prospects of government shutdown!

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 pm

O Boy, it has happened before. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Re: Collision Course! Obama's threatened veto raises prospects of government shutdown!

Post by jj on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by jj on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
jj
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:34 pm

This is ridiculous. These 2 parties hate each other so much these past few years. They are more than willing to shut down the government over disagreements. Its become a game of one up menship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:36 pm

jj wrote:So what happens if it does happen?????? Neutral

No one one gets paid state workers and some government workers. I bet the hill still gets paid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Today here in Milwaukee at the Federal building downtown, thousands showed up to protest about there government jobs...claiming they won't have enough money to feed there children, so that there kids can play sports etc. These people make ALOT of money, they build lavish homes and live largly..They should walk in our shoes and see how it feels.. Having nothing for 2 yrs. and struggling every day..We once were the middle class making GOOD money, now were the poorest...Not one single person there talked or chanted about the job crisis here, but did alot of complaining..There Government jobs are on the line, gee how does it feel not to be able to pay for health insurance, These people have it made..JUST SICK
Corinne
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:58 pm

ENOUGH!!! Seriously, I'm beyond livid!!!! Both parties are useless and have ruined this country! What happened in Egypt has to happen here. Both parties are reckless, depraved, and out of their minds and we the American people will get the short end of the stick as always. They have to be thrown out of office

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:30 am

Corinne wrote:Today here in Milwaukee at the Federal building downtown, thousands showed up to protest about there government jobs...claiming they won't have enough money to feed there children, so that there kids can play sports etc. These people make ALOT of money, they build lavish homes and live largly..They should walk in our shoes and see how it feels.. Having nothing for 2 yrs. and struggling every day..We once were the middle class making GOOD money, now were the poorest...Not one single person there talked or chanted about the job crisis here, but did alot of complaining..There Government jobs are on the line, gee how does it feel not to be able to pay for health insurance, These people have it made..JUST SICK

With all due respect, Corrine (I understand its hard to feel sympathy for people who HAVE jobs)...please consider how unions (yes, state employees which include EMTs, and childcare workers, and teachers aides, and people who work with the disabled) have raised the working conditions for ALL workers. The private sector has to compete with the standards and working conditions fought for and established by unions in the public sector. Busting the unions will result in ALL of us learning to say "yes sir, master...don't beat me no more, I be a good slave now".
We're already headed there faster than I can believe.

Kat
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 am

A Government Shutdown is going to be the last straw, unfortunately. Things are going to get very scary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:17 am

jj wrote:So what happens if it does happen?????? Neutral

No SS checks, Fed employees furloughed, and the biggest thing that boosts the economy at this time of the year is tax refunds - they will be delayed until the issue is resolved. Many people will suffer. A lot of things we take for granted will stop, anything that is Federally funded, except emergency personnel like the doctors and nurses at the VA hospitals and the President's advisers and Cabinet members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:28 am

Its gonna be interesting to see how the public reacts if it happens............

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:33 am

It happened during the Clinton / Gingrich years, but times were different then. America is on the edge now and people have had it.

I'm just glad that I live in a small town in the woods in the middle of nowhere! affraid

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:41 am

Yeah everyone thought it was both funny and disgusting when it happened in the Clinton years but if the government shuts down during times like these people will go nuts.
Glad I live in the boonies too. No property crimes here my avatar is my alarm system lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum