Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown

+10
njcookies
gigichicago
truth
concernedinKY
nuttin2lose
Kimmymc
Phillymg
Mags
Sunrise
JaneWI
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown

Post by Kimmymc Sun May 01, 2011 11:11 pm

JaneWI wrote:
Sunrise wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:Hoping this does n t cause fanatics in the US to try to rise up.

He is now considered a martyr. I hope that the fallout from this won't be too great. pale

My thoughts exactly.

Same here.
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Genealogy, Exercise

Back to top Go down

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown

Post by Sunrise Sun May 01, 2011 11:15 pm

I am sure he has someone that he put in place to take his place. He knew that he would probably eventually get caught or killed.

The threat level in the USA just went up I am sure. silent
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sun May 01, 2011 11:16 pm

concernedinKY wrote:CNN says Bin Laden was killed in a mansion outside Islamabad in Pakistan, hiding "in plain sight" which will likely strain relations with Pakistan and the US and with Europe.

In plain sight. affraid

I can see the strain with Pakistan. I guess you mean a strain also of Pakistan with Europe. ?

Last edited by Sunrise on Sun May 01, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun May 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Sunrise wrote:I am sure he has someone that he put in place to take his place. He knew that he would probably eventually get caught or killed.

Yeah, just after they got rid of the color coded terror alerts. lol!
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sun May 01, 2011 11:26 pm

JaneWI wrote:
Sunrise wrote:I am sure he has someone that he put in place to take his place. He knew that he would probably eventually get caught or killed.

Yeah, just after they got rid of the color coded terror alerts. lol!

Yep - the effects of heightened security already taking place in New York city.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sun May 01, 2011 11:28 pm

MrGolf has been awfully quiet today.

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 H10 ??

Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 am

What a great moment in the US! Finally. I just watched the President's announcement. Outside the White House, hundreds of people congregated waving flags and singing the national anthem.
It's the first time in a long time that I have seen people proud to be Americans and full of patriotism. Its an important moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 am

I'm glad the monster is gone, but now that is all we will hear about for weeks. Let Homeland Security do its thing, but we have more pressing problems in this country. Laden(in the eyes of his crazies) will get his 72 virgins, and we will get nothing done in this neck of the woods.

Not saying this news isn't important knowing the ramifications of what those may do in regard to "honor thy master, but it will be the topic on news channels for weeks. Alot of us don't have time to play media blitz. He is dead, there IS a replacement, we may be targets, but we are targets of a different kind, are we not?

Ignore me. I'm in a bad mood.
Mags
Mags
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Mon May 02, 2011 12:20 am

Tara wrote:What a great moment in the US! Finally. I just watched the President's announcement. Outside the White House, hundreds of people congregated waving flags and singing the national anthem.
It's the first time in a long time that I have seen people proud to be Americans and full of patriotism. Its an important moment.

X2

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 1:12 am

Hopefully this means the War in Afghanistan will end soon.

& the War in Iraq too.

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 55524

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:13 am

Mags wrote:I'm glad the monster is gone, but now that is all we will hear about for weeks. Let Homeland Security do its thing, but we have more pressing problems in this country. Laden(in the eyes of his crazies) will get his 72 virgins, and we will get nothing done in this neck of the woods.

Not saying this news isn't important knowing the ramifications of what those may do in regard to "honor thy master, but it will be the topic on news channels for weeks. Alot of us don't have time to play media blitz. He is dead, there IS a replacement, we may be targets, but we are targets of a different kind, are we not?

Ignore me. I'm in a bad mood.
I'm glad too Mags, I found it off putting that the headline is (Obama is DEAD), but at the same time I understand, our lives were forever changed, and we lost so many due to this insane terrorist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:14 am

Sunrise wrote:MrGolf has been awfully quiet today.

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 H10 ??

YEP

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon May 02, 2011 1:15 am

Finally we got him. Goodbye, Osama bin Laden!
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:18 am

concernedinKY wrote:CNN says Bin Laden was killed in a mansion outside Islamabad in Pakistan, hiding "in plain sight" which will likely strain relations with Pakistan and the US and with Europe.
How will it strain relations due to the fact he was killed in plain sight?

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon May 02, 2011 1:19 am

Phillymg wrote:Hopefully this means the War in Afghanistan will end soon.

& the War in Iraq too.

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 55524

We may see the war intensify now because their head monster is gone.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Mon May 02, 2011 1:29 am

Mobs wrote:

My view is that I think that it shows that he wasn't in hiding and his whereabouts should have been easily obtained through their intelligence. It makes it look like Pakistan wasn't really living up to their claim that he was their enemy also. Someone had to know in their government exactly where he was. He sure wasn't in some little cubbyhole in the mountains bordering Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:37 am

I watched several terrorist analysts on CNN saying that al Qaeda doesn't have anyone as adept at recruitment to take Bin Ladens place. Make no mistake about it, analysts are clear that taking Bin Laden out is a real victory for the US.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 1:47 am

Pakistan's President will make a statement soon.....expected to be overwhelmingly positive & supportive of the US action. The Pakistan President's own late wife Benazir Bhutto was a target of assassination by Osama Bin Laden several times.....& in the end she was assassinated.

Imo the Pakistani government is relieved not to have had knowledge of the action against Bin Laden till it was underway. They have their hands full balancing the various factions of their society. They prefer to have it be a US action. But that's jmo.

UPDATE: Right now the Pakistani military is burning the entire huge compound where Bin Laden was hiding out--a symbol that they refuse to allow it to be used as a martyrdom site by extremists.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 am

Sunrise wrote:
Mobs wrote:
My view is that I think that it shows that he wasn't in hiding and his whereabouts should have been easily obtained through their intelligence. It makes it look like Pakistan wasn't really living up to their claim that he was their enemy also. Someone had to know in their government exactly where he was. He sure wasn't in some little cubbyhole in the mountains bordering Pakistan and Afghanistan.
I see what you're saying Sunrise but the reasons you state are exactly the reasons why the US had to do this alone. Pakistan's President has been holding the nation together with spit and chewing gum. Absolutely there are people in the government/military there who could've tipped Bin Laden off. However now that Bin Laden's been killed.....heads will roll. The US probably found computers, flashdrives, phones inside the complex. This is a big deal for the Pakistani people & their struggling Democracy.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 2:07 am

It's good that the newscasters have stopped interviewing 20-year-olds outside the WH & in NYC. No offense against college students but a few of them said stupid things like 'Everybody's out here--it's time to party.'
scratch

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 2:18 am

OK excuse me I just have to say this.....after the WH announced that President Obama would speak at 10:30.....when he still wasn't speaking by 10:45 the three major news networks were getting a zillion calls & getting really ancey.....so of course at 10:50 they broke into regular programming.....

CUTTING OFF THE LAST 10 MINUTES OF 'THE APPRENTICE'.....

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 649738

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 2:31 am

Sorry.....I know this is a serious event in human history.....tho I lean towards pacifism it was way overdue for Bin Laden to move along to the afterlife. I'm glad that the families of the thousands & thousands of people around the world whose deaths he caused will not have to suffer one more day knowing that he still walks the earth.

God bless our troops who sacrifice themselves for us. Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 443306

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 2:31 am

Phillymg wrote:OK excuse me I just have to say this.....after the WH announced that President Obama would speak at 10:30.....when he still wasn't speaking by 10:45 the three major news networks were getting a zillion calls & getting really ancey.....so of course at 10:50 they broke into regular programming.....

CUTTING OFF THE LAST 10 MINUTES OF 'THE APPRENTICE'.....

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 2 649738
The Apprentice was good, you wanna know what happened?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 2:32 am

Hopefully Nene got fired.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 2:33 am

Phillymg wrote:Hopefully Nene got fired.
nope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next