Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

This morning, I received this email from Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority about a protest Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
This morning, I received this email from Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority about a protest Cspan_live_play-1

This morning, I received this email from Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority about a protest Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

This morning, I received this email from Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority about a protest

2 posters

Go down

This morning, I received this email from Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority about a protest Empty This morning, I received this email from Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority about a protest

Post by gigichicago Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 pm

I received this email this morning.

Yesterday the Senate approved cuts to unemployment. This is an injustice to working and middle class families who find themselves on the wrong side of the economic recession. The approved bill, HB 7005, will peg the total weeks someone can receive unemployment insurance to the rate. As the rate drops so do the week.

While the legislature pushes for more and more giveaways to big businesses and corporations, they balance the budget on our backs. Now HB 7005 is going back to the House for approval.

Rally with other enraged Miamians to show your opposition to cuts

Today, 11 AM
South Florida Workforce Office, Northside
7900 NW 27th Ave, Suite 200 (in the shopping center)

Bring your signs demanding no cuts to unemployment.

If you are not in Miami, organize your own rally and head out to the closest Work Force Agency. Please send us pictures at joseph@flnewmajority.org.

The tiered system will harm working and middle class Floridians by reducing their access to unemployment insurace. For example if the rate drops to 5% then the total weeks someone could receive would be 12, not the 26 weeks they could receive today. Under the changes proposed, unemployed people would only be able to get 24 weeks of unemployment right now with our unemployment rate in the double digits.

This bill doesn't make sense and is a symbolic nod to to big business and corporate lobbyists that the legislature is on their side. Access to jobs and unemployment insurance should not be pegged to the unemployment rate. Highlighting the absurdity of the bill during the debate of the bill Senator Braynon said, "when your house is broken into you don't care if the crime rate is down." When you lose your job, you don't care if the unemployment rate is down, you need support.

See you at 11 AM,

Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

This morning, I received this email from Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority about a protest Empty Re: This morning, I received this email from Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority about a protest

Post by aloneinpa Wed May 04, 2011 2:31 pm

I like it! Good quote.

"Highlighting the absurdity of the bill during the debate of the bill Senator Braynon said, "when your house is broken into you don't care if the crime rate is down." When you lose your job, you don't care if the unemployment rate is down, you need support."
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

This morning, I received this email from Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority about a protest Empty Re: This morning, I received this email from Joseph Phelan, Florida New Majority about a protest

Post by gigichicago Wed May 04, 2011 2:43 pm

I'm sorry I did not post it earlier but when I opened up my email account it was close to noon. I can't believe a protest would take place without proper planning.

Anyone who attended or seen it on the news, please let us know. I and many others are interested. It's about time we see more and more protests.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down