Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Video about the poor/ unemployed Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Video about the poor/ unemployed Cspan_live_play-1

Video about the poor/ unemployed Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Video about the poor/ unemployed

Go down

Video about the poor/ unemployed Empty Video about the poor/ unemployed

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJIl1Zr9l7c&feature=feedrec_grec_index

Back to top Go down

Video about the poor/ unemployed Empty Re: Video about the poor/ unemployed

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:22 am

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be around to see the return of the decent paying, middle-class jobs. I really don't believe they will ever return. I've been searching for almost 3 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:30 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be around to see the return of the decent paying, middle-class jobs. I really don't believe they will ever return. I've been searching for almost 3 years.
Hang in there girlfriend. We are all in a similar boat, so something has got to change, otherwise we are going to go Egypt style. I think the powers that be know there is only so much we can take.

Last edited by Harry Baals on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be around to see the return of the decent paying, middle-class jobs. I really don't believe they will ever return. I've been searching for almost 3 years.

Everyone on the hill knows this too. They should just come out and say it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:34 am

Right, and if the jobs magically come back tomorrow theres not enough time to build up a 401k again...................

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:40 am

Need2Bworking wrote:

Right, and if the jobs magically come back tomorrow theres not enough time to build up a 401k again...................

...or our Social Security, if it is still around. I haven't contributed to it in 3 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 am

...or our Social Security, if it is still around. I haven't contributed to it in 3 years.

Dear God I haven't even thought about that, thats going to lower the monthly amount by a chunk I bet. Almost guarantees going into retirement below the poverty level.................

Now I am gonna have nightmares about eating catfood when I am allowed to retire at 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 am

Need2Bworking wrote:...or our Social Security, if it is still around. I haven't contributed to it in 3 years.

Dear God I haven't even thought about that, thats going to lower the monthly amount by a chunk I bet. Almost guarantees going into retirement below the poverty level.................

Now I am gonna have nightmares about eating catfood when I am allowed to retire at 85

Well, make sure it is the canned cat food so you'll be able to eat with no teeth. Unfortunately though, canned cat food is expensive. Maybe try Gravy Train and make it mushy by adding water.

I can't believe after working most of my life I even have to worry about stuff like this! If the Great Recession hadn't happened, I would have had a chance to enjoy my life when I retired. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:50 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:...or our Social Security, if it is still around. I haven't contributed to it in 3 years.

Well, make sure it is the canned cat food so you'll be able to eat with no teeth. Unfortunately though, canned cat food is expensive. Maybe try Gravy Train and make it mushy by adding water.

I can't believe after working most of my life I even have to worry about stuff like this! If the Great Recession hadn't happened, I would have had a chance to enjoy my life when I retired. Sad

The prospect of even being able to retire is getting very dim. No 401K or SS contributions, coupled to the Rethugs desire to kill of any kind of safety net to force both seniors and the disabled back into the workforce. I'm not even 50 and the future is shaping up to be very depressing.
503Depressed
503Depressed
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down