Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

PLEASE READ:  H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action.  It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
PLEASE READ:  H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action.  It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH Cspan_live_play-1

PLEASE READ:  H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action.  It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

PLEASE READ: H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action. It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH

+3
KeeptheFaith
Sunrise
gigichicago
7 posters

Go down

PLEASE READ:  H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action.  It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH Empty PLEASE READ: H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action. It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH

Post by gigichicago Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm

No new information given by the Crewof42 about the meeting with Rep. Lee and Bill Daley. Sorry!

http://utahwork.info/2011/05/05/h-r-589-discussed-but-no-timetable-for-action-its-a-matter-of-life-and-death
PLEASE READ:  H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action.  It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH 843100

Here is the website link to the crewof42.

http://www.crewof42.com/
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ:  H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action.  It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH Empty Re: PLEASE READ: H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action. It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH

Post by Sunrise Sat May 07, 2011 1:21 am

With that JOBS Act bill proposed by the Republicans, I don't know what will happen to HR589. There is still a desperate need but when these kinds of contradictory bills pop up they take the attention away from what is most needed - an immediate passage of relief (HR589) for those that are suffering through unbearably difficult times.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ:  H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action.  It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH Empty Re: PLEASE READ: H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action. It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH

Post by KeeptheFaith Sat May 07, 2011 7:50 am

Sunrise wrote:With that JOBS Act bill proposed by the Republicans, I don't know what will happen to HR589. There is still a desperate need but when these kinds of contradictory bills pop up they take the attention away from what is most needed - an immediate passage of relief (HR589) for those that are suffering through unbearably difficult times.

I believe that this JOBS Act bill is going to take away the focus of HR589......People are suffering and no one seems to really care.....With all these States cutting off EB and not adapting the three year lookback....I believe that we are really in trouble here.....I don't know if HR589 is going to get passed or not.....but.......It is such a shame that our government turns their backs on the people when they really need help.....
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat May 07, 2011 10:19 am

I am a little confused if the jobs bill allowing states to take money for benefits and extensions and use the funds for that and divert to jobs creation.. However if they are amendments attached to 589 well the only good news would be is that Camp would surely release the 589 bill out of committee. At least it could be debated and argued. But I wouldn't count on a number of dems. to defend us against it. Otherwise the bills if passed as separate bills and then they would end all of the unemployment extensions and millions would not see any extensions they are on or going to. But I cannot imagine the president not vetoing! To me the bottom line would be if he vetos or signs off on it. Then that would reveal a lot!!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Sat May 07, 2011 10:35 am

We need a big push DEMANDING 589 be passed with 14 weeks!!! Common everyone, contact these people!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat May 07, 2011 11:25 am

ONE: Its up to us to keep contacting... I say this before someone else does.. Then we need the Dems. To fight like hell(which they won't) they are wimps...
The we need most of all the President to fight for us; NOPE he is done and riding on the backs of repubs. He'll allow them to kill unemployment, SS, Medicare and play the middle to get re-elected... We are screwed... I hope Lee isn't a Stabenow!!! And everything dies on the vine!!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Sat May 07, 2011 1:16 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:ONE: Its up to us to keep contacting... I say this before someone else does.. Then we need the Dems. To fight like hell(which they won't) they are wimps...
The we need most of all the President to fight for us; NOPE he is done and riding on the backs of repubs. He'll allow them to kill unemployment, SS, Medicare and play the middle to get re-elected... We are screwed... I hope Lee isn't a Stabenow!!! And everything dies on the vine!!!

PLEASE READ:  H.R. 589 Discussed but no timetable for action.  It's a matter of LIFE & DEATH 704725

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sat May 07, 2011 1:40 pm

barbara lee statement may 6

http://www.american99ersunion.com/
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sat May 07, 2011 4:17 pm

elvis44102 wrote:barbara lee statement may 6

http://www.american99ersunion.com/

The link isn't working.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by steveninspokane Sat May 07, 2011 4:28 pm

http://www.american99ersunion.com
steveninspokane
steveninspokane
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by steveninspokane Sat May 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Odd, if you copy and paste that in the url bar, it will work, clicking doesn't.
steveninspokane
steveninspokane
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by steveninspokane Sat May 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Here is her statement.

*** New Statement from Rep. Barbara Lee***

Barbara Lee: High Unemployment Rate Underscores the Need to Leave Afghanistan\
Washington, DC
Representative
Barbara Lee (D-CA) released the following statement today in reaction
to the April jobs report released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics
(BLS)
:

“Our economy is moving in the right direction,
but today’s job report is just the latest sign that more needs to be
done for every community to experience a full economic recovery. The
national unemployment rate remains too high and the rate is even higher
in communities of color. The unemployment rate is 16.1% in the
African-American community, the highest this year, and it’s 11.8% in the
Hispanic community, the highest since January.

“Instead of working with Democrats to create
jobs, foster new economic opportunities and create pathways out of
poverty, Republicans have wasted our time on the House floor to push
their extreme social agenda. Republicans need to show the leadership on
job creation that they promised. And we need to extend emergency aid
to displaced workers who have hit the 99 week ceiling on unemployment
benefits as we continue to create new jobs in every community,
especially in communities of color.

“This report is also a timely reminder of why
the U.S. should the President should use this opportunity, now that
Osama bin Laden is gone, to begin a significant and sizeable reduction
of U.S. troops in Afghanistan in July. We cannot afford to keep
spending over $100 billion a year fighting an endless war in Afghanistan
as we neglect important priorities here at home.”

I find her statement regarding the bringing of troops home rather ironic. I am sure they would prefer to stay there and have a job then to come back her and get on unemployment.
steveninspokane
steveninspokane
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down