Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

CBC Budget Proposal Includes $16B for H.R. 589 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
CBC Budget Proposal Includes $16B for H.R. 589 Cspan_live_play-1

CBC Budget Proposal Includes $16B for H.R. 589 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

CBC Budget Proposal Includes $16B for H.R. 589

+9
doreenb
Looking4Ajob
steveninspokane
theend
truth
CLO
unemployed2long/1208
requete'
gigichicago
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CBC Budget Proposal Includes $16B for H.R. 589 Empty CBC Budget Proposal Includes $16B for H.R. 589

Post by gigichicago Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 pm

http://www.examiner.com/unemployment-in-denver/cbc-budget-proposal-includes-16b-for-hr589

The CBC Budget Proposal:

http://thecongressionalblackcaucus.com/wp-content/uploads/budget-breakdown.pdf
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

CBC Budget Proposal Includes $16B for H.R. 589 Empty Re: CBC Budget Proposal Includes $16B for H.R. 589

Post by gigichicago Sat May 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Found another article about the meeting.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Black-lawmakers-press-Obama-on-jobs-in-urban-areas-1377034.php
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

CBC Budget Proposal Includes $16B for H.R. 589 Empty Re: CBC Budget Proposal Includes $16B for H.R. 589

Post by requete' Sun May 15, 2011 1:43 pm

16 Billion dollars should be easy to find. Just get rid of the tax breaks and subsidies to the Oil Companies, along with the subsidies the Government gives to the Agribusiness (for not growing crops), and we will have more than enough to pay for additional extended unemployment benefits!
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sun May 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Tear all articles pro and conn and use them for toilet paper!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sun May 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Tear up all articles pro and conn and use them for toilet paper!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Sun May 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Thank you , Gigi for posting these. I like the looks of their proposal, and I wonder if anyone has seen "The People's Budget" proposal fro the Congressional Progressive Caucus. Both of these propsoals are excellent aternatives to the GOP (Ryan) proposal, by a LONGSHOT! I really have serious doubts though, as to whether these Dem. proposals can ever pass in the House while the GOP has the majority. I have contacted my Rep. and Sen.'s asking for their support of these, and to say NO to the GOP proposal! Here is the CPC budget:

http://grijalva.house.gov/uploads/The%20CPC%20FY2012%20Budget.pdf

If you look at Function 600 in the CPC budget, it also calls for extending and safeguarding UI. At leas the Dems recognize and aknowledge what is happening to us...

1208- please don't be self-defeating, I understand your skepticism but I think you have a lot to offer, don't underestimate yourself, friend.
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Customer service/ healthcare

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Sun May 15, 2011 5:33 pm

I honestly don't expect anything to be done for us exhaustees for several months, and that is a nightmare for all of us.

That said, I don't think we should throw in the towel. The unexpected does happen in politics, especially these days. At worst, we have to try to survive until later this year when all extensions are set to run out. That should bring the issue front and center and add millions to our ranks. Also, we should keep advocating for overall reform of an unemployment program that is inadequate on any number of grounds besides the plight of us exhaustees. It's a fight worth fighting even if we lose in the end IMHO.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Sun May 15, 2011 5:42 pm

And in the interim, I hope that those of us who are fortunate enough to land a job, continue to remain with the rest of us as we continue to fight the good fight.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat May 28, 2011 10:35 am

Bet 100 toothpicks that Lee is doing the same thing Stabenow did. Even though some post on here OH! Lee is speaking out about jobs, etc!!! But gradually 589 isn't topic or agenda for anyone! Seems I was right when some one here said OH! Lee, OH! When she talks people listen. But they're afraid of her. and Oh boy, we're saved now. and call, e-mail, fax etc! We worked our asses off for nothing. The only excuse some use is" Call, tweet, fax, e-mail, da dada da da! Hello!I am sick and broke and scared while many cheerlead for nothing!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat May 28, 2011 10:36 am

BTW! I think I read she introduced a great number of bills and only 1 passed! And majority died in committee!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Sat May 28, 2011 10:59 am

Thats kinda funny I saw something yesterday about the CBC. On one of the 99er Union links, saying they have to bring up the extention because their people want it but they no it has no chance of happening. The meeting went like this "how much does it cost" 16-20 billion Ok well lets move on. Not even a debate!

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat May 28, 2011 11:56 am

Ditto, We don't have the money because we just sent the middle east 20 billion bucks..Let the unemployed find another way!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Sat May 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Having or not having the money doesnt matter! This is just a total distration.We no they can get the money if they want(or can they). They didnt have the money to bail out wall street but they got it.From China they did it because they have the most US Dollars in reserve than any other country.If the dollar crashed they would lose big time.When China reaches the point that saving us cost more than that loss. The fun will really start .The Chinee's have been dumping the US dollar for 7 months.Buying everything they can.IN July OPEC meets they make everyone use the Dollar to buy OIL.thats what makes it have worth, that and we blow up small countrys that try and not use the dollar.

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by steveninspokane Mon May 30, 2011 12:51 pm

^^^ Some posts are just too difficult to read, sorry.

I wonder what the politicians actually gain by stringing us along. I mean, is there a point to it? I think we all know that there will never be an extension of benefits passed for the 99'ers, even the politicians know this. So what do they gain? I mean why do they bother, it would be better for all of us if there wasn't a supposed bill in the "works", at least then people would be able to accept the inevitable and move on with whatever remnants that remain of their lives.

Do the Dems think that if they keep us hanging, we will continue to support them? Do they think that by inventing a bill that is stalled in some committee they are making place markers for our votes? At least the Repubs are straight forward and say it isn't going to happen and to move on. Maybe the Dems string us along because they want us to hold on to a (false) hope. Personally, I prefer the upfront truth.
steveninspokane
steveninspokane
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Looking4Ajob Mon May 30, 2011 1:37 pm

I don't see this passing. I wish it would just go away. I was part of the first Tornado outbreak that happened. I lost my car, that was about it. Of course I only had liability. So, it was not replaceable. I then lost my job. I applied for FEMA, but because of the job loss, I was declined. Hubby still has his job, but he has a car to drive. Without two cars, only one job exists. No more UI either. I was fired because I couldn't get transportation within a week after it happened. Get fired, no U.I. Even if they did pass that extension I wouldn't qualify now. I hope they do for everyone else's sake. But I am not going to hold my breath and turn blue.
Looking4Ajob
Looking4Ajob
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Unemployed 12/15/2010 Hired 2/28/2011 It's a miracle

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon May 30, 2011 2:58 pm

I, too, feel that H.R. 589 is going nowhere. We have money to bail out the banks, wall street and big corporations. Big money for foreign aid, wars, etc. Oil, gas, farm subsidies are giving the wealthy money, wasteful money. Tax breaks for the wealthy. I'm talking about big money not $200.00 checks like the unemployed are collecting from unemployment compensation benefits which our politicians in WA look as wasteful charity for the poor. Millions and billions of wasteful spending that is occuring everyday in Washington.

As a 99er, I don't care about all the co-signers and media attention. Nothing will happen if we don't protest. I love America but this is not the country I remember as a child. Sorry but this is how I feel.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Mon May 30, 2011 3:06 pm

gigichicago wrote:I, too, feel that H.R. 589 is going nowhere. We have money to bail out the banks, wall street and big corporations. Big money for foreign aid, wars, etc. Oil, gas, farm subsidies are giving the wealthy money, wasteful money. Tax breaks for the wealthy. I'm talking about big money not $200.00 checks like the unemployed are collecting from unemployment compensation benefits which our politicians in WA look as wasteful charity for the poor. Millions and billions of wasteful spending that is occuring everyday in Washington.

As a 99er, I don't care about all the co-signers and media attention. Nothing will happen if we don't protest. I love America but this is not the country I remember as a child. Sorry but this is how I feel.

I totally agree with you!!! We all need to protest!!!!! We need to organize!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon May 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Are they out all this week??? Congress! You know. House and senate!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon May 30, 2011 4:26 pm

doreenb wrote:
gigichicago wrote:I, too, feel that H.R. 589 is going nowhere. We have money to bail out the banks, wall street and big corporations. Big money for foreign aid, wars, etc. Oil, gas, farm subsidies are giving the wealthy money, wasteful money. Tax breaks for the wealthy. I'm talking about big money not $200.00 checks like the unemployed are collecting from unemployment compensation benefits which our politicians in WA look as wasteful charity for the poor. Millions and billions of wasteful spending that is occuring everyday in Washington.

I totally agree with you!!! We all need to protest!!!!! We need to organize!!!

Where are the cheerleaders on here that said all the good news and merge this with that! And 1745 will be compromised with 589 and a deal and how good Lee is! Not being negative but wondering what the attitudes are now and see from those who said Hooray! If we can get hiked up again with confidence that Lee and co sponsors will come through! Thats all...
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jackiemarie Mon May 30, 2011 7:42 pm

Maybe some of us who are still hopeful are choosing not to post if we feel our positivity is not comprehended or appreciated, or will be frowned upon.

I prefer not to feed those fires.

jackiemarie
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon May 30, 2011 8:05 pm

better go to U-F 2.0 and read their work schedules... Then keep your positivity...
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jackiemarie Mon May 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Positivity is still intact.

Fortunately it's something that can't be taken away from me.

jackiemarie
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon May 30, 2011 8:42 pm

House and Senate return 5/31. I personally remain positive because these past 2 years watching how the politicians play their political games, I take nothing for granted, also I remember how all the asses all over the TV boob tune were saying how the Healthcare Reform bill was quote "Dead in the Water" and we all know how it was resuscitated! HR 589 is in Committee and we must continue to fight hopefully with MORE groups and organizations joining us because the summer break is August and they don't return until after Labor day in September. I'm still emailing and tweeting and faxing. Hope everyone else is as well.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jan99 Mon May 30, 2011 11:07 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:better go to U-F 2.0 and read their work schedules... Then keep your positivity...

I know what the House schedule is - 6 working weeks (some aren't full weeks) until August break.

There are going to be a lot of heated debates on the 2012 budget in those 6 weeks and hopefully, we will be part of those negotiations. As for the August break - no way are they going to get out of Washington for that. The budget is going to consume most of their time, and it still won't be resolved before they are set for their month off.

jan99
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Tue May 31, 2011 12:43 am

If china decides to not loan us anymore money or if the IMF( the IMF guy that got busted was talking about it) or OPEQ decides to replace the US Dollar as the worlds reserve currency. None of this will matter. These are things that could happen and have been talked about around the world , just not here(its not on our news).The value of the US Dollar is what keeps it as the worlds reserve currency, its been loosing value against other currency's real fast(because of our debit).Read about whats happening in Greece, thats what happens when your currency isnt the world reserve and you have huge debit and trade deficit.Your money becomes worthless. Inflation goes nuts, this is real its not a scam. The US has never been in this deep of do do in it life.Tim Geithner isnt Allan Greenspan one mistake and timmy can make the whole house fall. Yesterday I saw the UN is now talking about value of the US Dollar. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/25/us-economy-un-idUSTRE74O6EI20110525

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next