Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits

Go down

WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits

Post by JaneWI on Thu May 26, 2011 9:04 pm

And yet another reason why Grigsby is quickly becoming another one of my heroes.

Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits

"Under the plan the committee recommended 11-5, laid-off workers would have to wait a week before receiving unemployment benefits starting in January. The move would reduce benefits by $41 million and $56 million a year.

“One week is an eternity when you don’t have food to put on the table,” said Rep. Tamara Grigsby (D-Milwaukee)."

"The committee also voted to bar people who fail or refuse to take an employer drug test to receive unemployment benefits for a year."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/122695084.html
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits

Post by elvis44102 on Thu May 26, 2011 9:18 pm

by JaneWI Today at 21:04
"The committee also voted to bar people who fail or refuse to take an employer drug test to receive unemployment benefits for a year."

Drug test are not 100 percent reliable so i guess the 5 percent who fail are just "colateral damage" .....oh well
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI on Thu May 26, 2011 9:25 pm

elvis44102 wrote:by JaneWI Today at 21:04

Drug test are not 100 percent reliable so i guess the 5 percent who fail are just "colateral damage" .....oh well

That is what I was thinking and what about the people on prescription medications? Some of those show up in drug tests. I don't know how that will be covered.
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise on Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 pm

JaneWI wrote:
elvis44102 wrote:by JaneWI Today at 21:04

That is what I was thinking and what about the people on prescription medications? Some of those show up in drug tests. I don't know how that will be covered.

You'll have to provide proof that it was prescribed by a healthcare provider (MD, DDS, etc.).
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exhausted99er on Thu May 26, 2011 10:43 pm

My state has always required a one week waiting period for unemployment benefits. I guess it was put in place so they didn't have to cover the week vacation shut-downs in the mills around the first of July every year - that is when there were mills and manufacturing plants around.

As far as drug testing - I vote every member of Congress pass a breathalyzer test before entering the Capitol!

Exhausted99er
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum