Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Rules Violation??? Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Rules Violation??? Cspan_live_play-1

Rules Violation??? Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Rules Violation???

+6
needajobinky
Feyth
99er in Mass
kjps12
unemployed2long/1208
TMKLBMT
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rules Violation??? Empty Rules Violation???

Post by TMKLBMT Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:29 am

I ran across something today on a site that I do not know if it is reputable (examiner)- it was posted around 2AM and said the HR589 was bounced out due to a rules violation? I didn't fully understand what I was reading and could not find a second source- I have to get kids ready for school but wanted to drop it here so maybe someone else might be able to find something on it.

If its true I would like to know who moved to have it pulled. I want to call whoever is working against us.

Anyone else find anything on this?

TMKLBMT
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Rules Violation??? Empty Re: Rules Violation???

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:31 am

link please!!! Rumors til then!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:40 am

i did read that but forget where i did notice it was upto 66 sponsors. it might have been on c span
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:41 am

Ok, Thanks,
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:42 am

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:link please!!! Rumors til then!

I doubt that very much. HR 589 picked up a lot of sponsors yesterday. Gregg Rosen, who is also an Admin here, has been working very closely with the office of Rep. Barbara Lee. He would have informed us of this when he posted an update on the bill late last night. For further OFFICIAL info, visit this site:

http://www.american99ersunion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:43 am

kjps12 wrote:i did read that but forget where i did notice it was upto 66 sponsors. it might have been on c span

I believe there are over 80 co-sponsors now.

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 am

I know there can be procedural violations and motions made to correct and point out those but nothing is going to be kicked out that easy because if they did that every bill would be kicked out as a stall! So we'll see. Also if it was kicked out of anything, the sponsors would move quickly to revise or amend and get back on the docket or floor or wherever it was last! And get it reintroduced!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:47 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
kjps12 wrote:i did read that but forget where i did notice it was upto 66 sponsors. it might have been on c span

If this is true its getting better! But as Golf says need a few repubs. to pass so where are we there???
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:49 am

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

If this is true its getting better! But as Golf says need a few repubs. to pass so where are we there???

They don't really have to co-sponsor. They have to vote yes when it comes to the Floor.

Back to top Go down

Post by 99er in Mass Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:50 am

Hi, I'm a former member of UF but hardly ever post. If you google "examiner rules violation", the article comes up. Sorry I wasn't able to post the link....

99er in Mass
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Feyth Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 am

tazzy posted the link, from a blog. Please note: This blog states this happened "In the early morning hours on Thursday" -- the blog has a time stamp of 2:31 am ET. Unless the House was in session before 2:30 am EST this morning, this makes no sense.

http://www.examiner.com/liberal-in-national/99er-unemployment-extension-amendment-bounced-for-rules-violation#ixzz1EDpGkKfw

Feyth
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 am

thats from donna lee ugh. according to thomas. gov the bill is still in ways and means committee
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:11 am

Here are the transcripts from early this morning. It is only a technicality and it is still in Committee. Things like this happen to almost every bill. DON'T PANIC!

http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html

Rep. Lee has indicated that she is willing to offset the $16 billion
dollar cost of the extension. A willingness that will now prove vital as
Rep. Lee courts GOP co-sponsors and support.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:37 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Here are the transcripts from early this morning. It is only a technicality and it is still in Committee. Things like this happen to almost every bill. DON'T PANIC!

Rep. Lee has indicated that she is willing to offset the $16 billion
dollar cost of the extension. A willingness that will now prove vital as
Rep. Lee courts GOP co-sponsors and support.

Rules Violation??? 618340

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:45 am

99er in Mass wrote:Hi, I'm a former member of UF but hardly ever post. If you google "examiner rules violation", the article comes up. Sorry I wasn't able to post the link....

Welcome 99er in Mass! I am from Mass too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:48 am

I don't reference anything from Donalee King anymore. Not since here attacks on the original UF Forums. Here's the link to the actual failure of the 99er Budget Amendment:
http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/02/99er_unemployment_extension_amendment_to.html

Last edited by kemcha on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:51 am

DesperateInRI wrote:

wow over 80? Rules Violation??? 204917

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:54 am

Nothing on the Republican side. She can get every Democrat to co-sponsor the bill but until Republicans start co-sponsoring it, I'm afraid it just won't gain any movement.

Now, I'm not trying to sound negative ... I'm just stating an observation. I'm just wondering just how long before Congress starts to take this bill seriously. And does this mean that if this bill passes that everybody who exhausted their benefits last year, early Spring, will simply receive a check for 14 weeks since it's retroactive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:58 am

kemcha wrote:Nothing on the Republican side. She can get every Democrat to co-sponsor the bill but until Republicans start co-sponsoring it, I'm afraid it just won't gain any movement.

Now, I'm not trying to sound negative ... I'm just stating an observation. I'm just wondering just how long before Congress starts to take this bill seriously. And does this mean that if this bill passes that everybody who exhausted their benefits last year, early Spring, will simply receive a check for 14 weeks since it's retroactive.

Anyone who was eligible for EUC08, that includes all the 99ers, are eligible for the 14 weeks. As far as payment, that is not retroactive. If/when the Presidents signs, those that have exhausted all their benefits would begin receiving weekly payments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:03 am

I thought that the bill was retroactive? That's what everyone has been saying about this new bill.

Back to top Go down

Post by needajobinky Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:12 am

So lee will have to reintroduce the bill as a standalone bill instead of a admendment...correct?
needajobinky
needajobinky
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:13 am

The standalone bill is still there. It doesn't have any Republican co-sponsors. This was an attempt to bypass the Ways and Means Committee and to attach it to the budget. It didn't work. The GOP stopped it in its tracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:23 am

kemcha wrote:I thought that the bill was retroactive? That's what everyone has been saying about this new bill.

Retroactive to the DATES only. You will be reinstated retroactively to tier 1. By doing it this way rather than creating a new tier, everyone will be eligible, even in those state that were not eligible for tier 4 due to the ue trigger of 8.5%.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:05 pm

I thought the 'objection' was that Rep. Barbara Lee tried to bring up the Amendment 221 before it was her time to do so.....& then a few minutes later when it was her turn she & also Rep. Bobby Scott proposed the Amendment. Have been having a hard time using Cspan site. Saw the video where Rep. Lee proposed the Amendment around 12:57 am.....but then the video disappeared from the Cspan site & now I can't get the Cspan site to work right.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/clip.php?appid=599566372

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Phillymg wrote:I thought the 'objection' was that Rep. Barbara Lee tried to bring up the Amendment 221 before it was her time to do so.....& then a few minutes later when it was her turn she & also Rep. Bobby Scott proposed the Amendment. Have been having a hard time using Cspan site. Saw the video where Rep. Lee proposed the Amendment around 12:57 am.....but then the video disappeared from the Cspan site & now I can't get the Cspan site to work right.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/clip.php?appid=599566372

Transcript from the Congressional Record.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next