Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car Cspan_live_play-1

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car

+9
pugsrit
Quiethawk
js123
MoInSTL
sbraney
unemployed2long/1208
cheri
Sunrise
new_wave_princess
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car Empty Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car

Post by new_wave_princess Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:12 pm

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...nthood-funding

Unreal. I guess the message with this is women bad, NASCAR dads good.

I'm not going to go into my personal view on this, but if they are cutting funding why are they sponsoring a car at NASCAR? I don't want my taxes to go for NASCAR.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car Empty Re: Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car

Post by Sunrise Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:19 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...nthood-funding

I'm not going to go into my personal view on this, but if they are cutting funding why are they sponsoring a car at NASCAR? I don't want my taxes to go for NASCAR.

Where are they talking about Nascar?
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car Empty Re: Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car

Post by new_wave_princess Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:20 pm

I need to post another article. I posted the wrong one. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/18/house-poised-vote-nascar-proposal-amendments-gop-spending/

Among the other actions the House took was to reject a controversial plan to end the Pentagon's sponsorship of a NASCAR team and to vote for a ban on federal aid to Planned Parenthood.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:34 pm

This is BS Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car 812460 Nascar can rot in hell! I am getting extremely pissed right now!

Stepping away... Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car 812460
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Me too, but am not surprised. Boehner and his cronies are hard right and the hard right hate women and love NASCAR. They wouldn't care if women lose their rights (which women will if this keeps going).
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cheri Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Well I am a female and I love NASCAR BUT DON'T APPROVE OF THEM FUNDING A CAR!!!

cheri
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: Planned Parenthood - thank goodness the Republicans don't have a majority in the Senate.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:12 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...nthood-funding

This can lead to a very serious issue and best to avoid it! But tax money on Nascar. well maybe I am a fan BUT if you really knew where all the tax money goes Nascar would look like a great deal!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:14 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:Me too, but am not surprised. Boehner and his cronies are hard right and the hard right hate women and love NASCAR. They wouldn't care if women lose their rights (which women will if this keeps going).

women still have their rights!!! They just don't get certain things paid for!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:16 pm

No more free condoms for me. I will have to go hit some locations and stock up. My local planned parenthood is already closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:17 pm

But the thing isn't really Planned Parenthood, just that out of all the things they could cut, they go after PP. That's the problem. Why would they go after PP? Because it's women. Why didn't they go after NASCAR? Because NASCAR is run by men. Those are facts. Government wastes a lot of money but I don't want to pay for NASCAR.

Btw, I got people upset about funding birth control if they don't believe in it. PP funds more than birth control.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:23 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:But the thing isn't really Planned Parenthood, just that out of all the things they could cut, they go after PP. That's the problem. Why would they go after PP? Because it's women. Why didn't they go after NASCAR? Because NASCAR is run by men. Those are facts. Government wastes a lot of money but I don't want to pay for NASCAR.

Btw, I got people upset about funding birth control if they don't believe in it. PP funds more than birth control.

I sure as hell don't want ANY of my tax paying money to go to any major sporting endeavor. That is why they have fans.

Yes, PP does more than help with birth control.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:25 pm

I don't either. I don't want to pay for stadiums, or any sport team. To me it should be paid by those who enjoy the event. If I go to a sporting event I expect to pay, why should others pay for it?
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:33 pm

These idiots are going to horse around and create an epidemic of sexually transmitted diseases - in addition to way too many unwanted pregnancies. Remember the Bush Africa policy?? Last night I made the mistake of listening to them on the House floor. They took special advantage of the abortion doctor in Philadelphia and used his crimes to suggest that the very same thing goes on in PP clinics. I'm always astounded by their so-called concern for the unborn, but refuse to offer any assistance once they arrive.

sbraney
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Oh my God!! This is horrible...planned parenthood has been around for years and is a much needed service for our country!! I cant believe this....I have no words.

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Jackie Speier, dem from Cali gave them (House) hell on Hardball with Chris Matthews on MSNBC.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:19 pm

sbraney wrote:These idiots are going to horse around and create an epidemic of sexually transmitted diseases - in addition to way too many unwanted pregnancies. Remember the Bush Africa policy?? Last night I made the mistake of listening to them on the House floor. They took special advantage of the abortion doctor in Philadelphia and used his crimes to suggest that the very same thing goes on in PP clinics. I'm always astounded by their so-called concern for the unborn, but refuse to offer any assistance once they arrive.

Off topic, Welcome to our new digs sbraney. I do enjoy your posts.

Now on topic. Can someone please tell me when we were asked to sponsor a car in NASCAR? Everytime I see a Navy, Army, Coast Guard, etc. car while watching a race, it totally blows my mind. I really don't remember anyone asking me if I would like to pay out of my taxes to have a car run in NASCAR.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:28 pm

The Republicans are hanging themselves very slowly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:32 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:The Republicans are hanging themselves very slowly.

I will gladly pull on there feet. elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Congress strips Planned Parenthood of ALL funding; Pays for NASCAR car 585661 I'm ready for a drink! Can't believe our money is used to sponsor a car in NASCAR. There are so many programs our government is spending on that we don't know about. I hope more information on programs like this would become public. This is absolutely STUPID! I would like to know how much was spent and how long.
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:51 pm

You can always tell when someone is lying, doesn't believe in what they
are saying or what they're saying has no merit. Stumble, stumble on
words read - now that is a tell tale sign.

Video:
http://www.foxillinois.com/news/top-stories/Congressman-wants-NASCAR-spending-stopped-116467778.html

$7 million for an Army decal on a car - GIVE ME A BREAK! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Sunrise on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Lets see! If you had a choice for planned parent funds or unemployment benefits and this issue was the difference.. what would be your feelings? Not agreeing with Nascar either.. But again this is just the tip of the iceburg in how BOTH SIDES are wasting money! And pork spending! Lets see. End unnecessary funding for stupid projects and needless funding for other tax supported programs that are unnecessary But its ok to cut senior programs and SS benefits and more! . Sorry, every defending their causes so get in line!
So where should the priorities.. Unemployment, planned parenthood funding, SS benefits, medicare and medicade programs, education funding, teacher jobs, petty green projects, rail is that a hugh job creator and saving the economical day, and fire and police jobs, Hum! What are the priorities! This could be interesting! But I am sure there are many more funding issues i haven't begun to touch!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Hey! But I do have to agree.... 7 million on Nascar!! Do that in great economical times but not when needed benefits are desperately needed!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:03 pm

So I have typed several responses and then deleted them because every time I try to make my point it justs keeps coming back to the same conclusion, it's yet another step on the GOP agenda. Get tax breaks for the super rich check, Deny UI for LT UE check, waste months on trying to repel HC check, pretend that they are working on jobs check, push anti-abortion check, deny equal pay check, try to de-fund all programs that help the less fortunate check, even though govmt funds have never been used at PP for abortions they need to de-fund them because they preform them legally check, de-fund NPR and PBS because they have a unbiased voice check, break the unions so they can pay all workers less check..... From now on I will just type AGENDA....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Quiethawk wrote:So I have typed several responses and then deleted them because every time I try to make my point it justs keeps coming back to the same conclusion, it's yet another step on the GOP agenda. Get tax breaks for the super rich check, Deny UI for LT UE check, waste months on trying to repel HC check, pretend that they are working on jobs check, push anti-abortion check, deny equal pay check, try to de-fund all programs that help the less fortunate check, even though govmt funds have never been used at PP for abortions they need to de-fund them because they preform them legally check, de-fund NPR and PBS because they have a unbiased voice check, break the unions so they can pay all workers less check..... From now on I will just type AGENDA....

Great post QH! I could not have said it better. THANKS!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next