Help is out there.

Please Call.


Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live


Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

The Ed Show.

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:32 am

Quiethawk wrote:Here's the link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41592404#41592404

Now that was fast. Thanks QH!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Riled American on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:32 am

kjps12 wrote:i wish she didnt talk about her pension so much

Great avatar. Ed did it again!
avatar
Riled American
Premium Poster

Posts : 192
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 56
Location : Liberty, Ky.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Quiethawk on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:Here's the link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41592404#41592404

Now that was fast. Thanks QH!

I aim to please....
avatar
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Posts : 707
Join date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:34 am

Quiethawk wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:Here's the link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41592404#41592404

Now that was fast. Thanks QH!

I aim to please....

My standards are high

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Quiethawk on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:38 am

I like high places.....
avatar
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Posts : 707
Join date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:39 am

Quiethawk wrote: I like high places.....

Easier to spot your lunch Mrs. Hawk!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Tresa on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 am

Quiethawk wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:It seems unions are the bad guys while the BANKS get away with murder.

I think busting unions is the next big agenda.... Things are gonna get really weird pretty quickly...

They've been busting unions since reagan (member the pilots), down hill since ...
they still call them unions
but the benefits are all but gone
avatar
Tresa
Premium Poster

Posts : 147
Join date : 2011-02-12
Job/hobbies : Bite Training My Pup!

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Quiethawk on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:42 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Quiethawk wrote: I like high places.....

Easier to spot your lunch Mrs. Hawk!

You got that right... I love to hover high above where no one sees me....
avatar
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Posts : 707
Join date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Quiethawk on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:46 am

Tresa wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:It seems unions are the bad guys while the BANKS get away with murder.

I think busting unions is the next big agenda.... Things are gonna get really weird pretty quickly...

They've been busting unions since reagan (member the pilots), down hill since ...
they still call them unions
but the benefits are all but gone

I feel like there is this new push to blame all of the unions for all of the woes of the American worker and pensions are right up there as well. It feels like all of the social protections are going to become a thing of the past. It's very sad...
avatar
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Posts : 707
Join date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by kshort on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:05 am

I didn't see the show tonite, but I did see where black and blue ribbons were mentioned. We should do something like others do to support a cause (for me, it's the pink pin and pink bracelet for breast cancer). I don't know how we could do that, but maybe it would bring a little more attention to our cause? Or maybe not. What do you think?
avatar
kshort
Valued Poster

Posts : 87
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 68
Location : Long Island, New York
Job/hobbies : Love playing and teaching piano and playing with my dog Maia

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:09 am

Quiethawk wrote:
Tresa wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:It seems unions are the bad guys while the BANKS get away with murder.

I think busting unions is the next big agenda.... Things are gonna get really weird pretty quickly...

They've been busting unions since reagan (member the pilots), down hill since ...
they still call them unions
but the benefits are all but gone

I feel like there is this new push to blame all of the unions for all of the woes of the American worker and pensions are right up there as well. It feels like all of the social protections are going to become a thing of the past. It's very sad...

Unions demand fair wadges and that goes against the grain of the GREEDY US Money Hoarders.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Jen on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:15 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:
Tresa wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:It seems unions are the bad guys while the BANKS get away with murder.

I think busting unions is the next big agenda.... Things are gonna get really weird pretty quickly...

They've been busting unions since reagan (member the pilots), down hill since ...
they still call them unions
but the benefits are all but gone

I feel like there is this new push to blame all of the unions for all of the woes of the American worker and pensions are right up there as well. It feels like all of the social protections are going to become a thing of the past. It's very sad...

Unions demand fair wadges and that goes against the grain of the GREEDY US Money Hoarders.
Yep, did you see that the governor of Wisconsin threatened the state workers with the national guard if they dare to strike over his draconian cuts? Evil or Very Mad
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Riled American on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:16 am

Gerry did say that age discrimination was a big factor in being hired. Those that have an ear as to what's really going will understand what she had to say. Even though she said she's getting her pension, it isn't enough. Most people I know that are retired have to work to survive. Mostly because the systems

avatar
Riled American
Premium Poster

Posts : 192
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 56
Location : Liberty, Ky.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:21 am

Jen wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:
Tresa wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:

I think busting unions is the next big agenda.... Things are gonna get really weird pretty quickly...

They've been busting unions since reagan (member the pilots), down hill since ...
they still call them unions
but the benefits are all but gone

I feel like there is this new push to blame all of the unions for all of the woes of the American worker and pensions are right up there as well. It feels like all of the social protections are going to become a thing of the past. It's very sad...

Unions demand fair wadges and that goes against the grain of the GREEDY US Money Hoarders.
Yep, did you see that the governor of Wisconsin threatened the state workers with the national guard if they dare to strike over his draconian cuts? Evil or Very Mad

Push comes to shove an uprising will occur. Did we not just see this on TV? EGYPT??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Riled American on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:22 am

kshort wrote:I didn't see the show tonite, but I did see where black and blue ribbons were mentioned. We should do something like others do to support a cause (for me, it's the pink pin and pink bracelet for breast cancer). I don't know how we could do that, but maybe it would bring a little more attention to our cause? Or maybe not. What do you think?

Use the black to post. We now have the blue site color!
Seems it was meant to be that we got new colors and a new home just in time!
avatar
Riled American
Premium Poster

Posts : 192
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 56
Location : Liberty, Ky.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by rubeNG on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:31 am

can't believe that repug Kyl is going to get 140K after his term in pension.
avatar
rubeNG
Valued Poster

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-02-14
Location : Los Angeles Area, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:33 am

rubeNG wrote:can't believe that repug Kyl is going to get 140K after his term in pension.

He can't take it to hell the devil does not take cash. Lets see how smug he is then!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by G on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:40 am

To those curious, Gerry did have talking points prepared yesterday that did include H.R. 589. She left me VM not long after her spot. Gerry mentioned that the producer asked her to focus on her pension (that is why she had that letter with her). Obviously the producers wanted to illustrate the difference between a 99ers pension and that of the pension Senator Kyl shall receive.

This was her first television interview and I applaud her efforts.

Putting a face to the 99er Community is always important. Sadly, I feel that the producers dropped the ball tonight in not giving equal time to H.R. 589.


Last edited by G on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:54 am; edited 5 times in total

G
Admin

Posts : 24
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:42 am

Thanks for clarifying that. I was really wondering why the pension was brought up. I was pretty disappointed actually when that came up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Jen on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:47 am

Of course, the networks always have their own agenda. I don't expect anything else from the corporate media. Evil or Very Mad They have probably been told not to mention the bill.
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Riled American on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:08 am

rubeNG wrote:can't believe that repug Kyl is going to get 140K after his term in pension.

That is a slap in the face to all of us!!!
avatar
Riled American
Premium Poster

Posts : 192
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 56
Location : Liberty, Ky.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Riled American on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:11 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
rubeNG wrote:can't believe that repug Kyl is going to get 140K after his term in pension.

He can't take it to hell the devil does not take cash. Lets see how smug he is then!
You nailed it!!! The devil takes nothing but your eternal life and Kyl can burn with it.
avatar
Riled American
Premium Poster

Posts : 192
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 56
Location : Liberty, Ky.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Riled American on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:03 am

Here's Ed's contact form.
http://wegoted.com/emailEd/
avatar
Riled American
Premium Poster

Posts : 192
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 56
Location : Liberty, Ky.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by kman on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:51 am

I just completed my contact form to Ed and thanked him for keeping the plight of the 99ers/exhaustees in the media. I also told him that March 1st of 2011 is the one year anniversary of when the long term unemployed started becoming 99ers/exhaustees and to please "educate" his listeners of that fact. (I have been a 99er/exhaustee since May 2010)
avatar
kman
Elite Poster

Posts : 801
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by MaryKayCoyne on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:11 am

He was great and Gerry was also. I felt so badly, she seemed so lost.

I will send a note to Ed. I also think if we can keep contacting him, we will get more coverage.

MaryKayCoyne
Valued Poster

Posts : 71
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 62
Location : Sewell, NJ
Job/hobbies : Unemployed Operations Manager

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ed Show.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum