In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

They Want to Sell the NYSE to Germany!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New York Exchange sold to a German company

Post by js123 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Deutsch Boerse AG buys the New York Exchange today. What's next, the Liberty Bell?

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/2011/02/16/20110216new-york-stock-exchange-bought-by-german-rival.html

js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: They Want to Sell the NYSE to Germany!

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Didn't read the article but there was talk about it being completely moved from NYC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:55 pm

I heard about this getting ready to happen last week. This is not a good sign for our country. Globalization is moving forward with a quickness. Sad
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:59 pm

Jen wrote:I heard about this getting ready to happen last week. This is not a good sign for our country. Globalization is moving forward with a quickness. Sad

I agree.....this is not good for our country......
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stilllooking on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Not good at all, I know money is tight for everyone on here but I think people should do what they can to put aside canned goods & learn how to garden, if you can.-Better to be prepared for the worst & hope for the best.
stilllooking
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Taking care of my dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:20 pm

I don't want to pick a fight, so don't take this the wrong way, but shouldn't this be in the news section instead of the introduction section?

Jessica
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:25 pm

Jessica wrote:I don't want to pick a fight, so don't take this the wrong way, but shouldn't this be in the news section instead of the introduction section?
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice. I'll move it.
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:29 pm

affraid Sorry, you are right. My mistake.
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:47 pm

lol ok Smile

As to the news, it's not good. That's for sure.

Jessica
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Not good
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Jessica wrote:I don't want to pick a fight, so don't take this the wrong way, but shouldn't this be in the news section instead of the introduction section?

Dem darr arrr fighting words And put ever so eloquently gentle. Of course not - no one would ever get pissed about something so trivial
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:21 pm

stilllooking wrote:Not good at all, I know money is tight for everyone on here but I think people should do what they can to put aside canned goods & learn how to garden, if you can.-Better to be prepared for the worst & hope for the best.

I was thinking about this today - how could I live off the grid? It would be tough but definitely doable. I would have to get a wood burning stove and enough money to buy propane gas for lights, etc. Then I would have to buy a propane refrigerator and/or build a root cellar. A propane stove would be handy unless I wanted to put in a fireplace and set up it up so that I could cook in it.

I would have to basically remodel my modest cabin - scratch
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Sunrise wrote:
stilllooking wrote:Not good at all, I know money is tight for everyone on here but I think people should do what they can to put aside canned goods & learn how to garden, if you can.-Better to be prepared for the worst & hope for the best.

I was thinking about this today - how could I live off the grid? It would be tough but definitely doable. I would have to get a wood burning stove and enough money to buy propane gas for lights, etc. Then I would have to buy a propane refrigerator and/or build a root cellar. A propane stove would be handy unless I wanted to put in a fireplace and set up it up so that I could cook in it.

Been thinking about it for some time and have come to the inescapable conclusion that we need to obtain land (for those who don't have it) and create intentional communities that are self-sustainable. Off the grid, out of the pockets of greedy utilities, and helping to provide needed services to those who are not as handy or capable.
503Depressed
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:44 am

Sunrise wrote:

Sounds nice, but how would you get the propane?

Jessica
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stilllooking on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Sunrise wrote:

We are just starting to work on this, and the more I learn the more I feel really behind. We currently rent a home on five acres of land so we can create a large garden, but I still have to learn how to do all of that. (that's what I'm currently working on to prepare for this spring.) We are lucky in that the property we live on supplies it's own natural gas, so our furnace, all appliances except washer & refrigerator, & our grill are all hooked up directly to the natural gas.
We have a gas generator for storm outages to cover the electricity but it's not practical to run on a permanent basis as it's too expensive. I am currently looking into a windmill & solar for electricity from my solar back up .com I haven't recd there info in the mail yet to see how it works but I do know that both of those options cost thousands of dollars.(that's a problem).
In the meantime we are stocking up on canned goods, & freezer items as well as buying the necessary supplies to can & freeze items from the garden. This too can get very expensive so we do just a little at a time. If we can afford to buy a case of jars we get it, if not we buy a large pkg of freezer bags, basically we just do what we can when we can.
If we had the money to do it, I could produce a two page list of things we should have, but for now doing just a little at a time will have to do.
stilllooking
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Taking care of my dogs

Back to top Go down

They Want to Sell the NYSE to Germany!

Post by springflowers on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:26 am

I don't see Congress doing squat, they have stood silent as this country has been sold to the highest foreign bidders.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/10/business/main20031293.shtml

I guess everything is for sale now.

I didnt even think the NYSE could be sold.

So now even the New York Stock Exchange which oversees millions of stocks for American could be foreigned owned and controlled.

World government is coming, well its here. These people have no loyalty to this country, they want to enslave everyone to the bankers.

springflowers
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:29 am

United States of America is GONE! (the one I knew & grew up in).....
jj
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:43 am

Yes it is JJ, and our grandchildren will be told stories of how their grandparents used to live big beautiful houses, with at least two cars in the driveway, and be able to afford luxurious vacations to far away lands.

Back to top Go down

Post by springflowers on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:13 am

jj wrote:United States of America is GONE! (the one I knew & grew up in).....

Thats what I thought.

Totally gone!

springflowers
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by springflowers on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:15 am

knarf wrote:Yes it is JJ, and our grandchildren will be told stories of how their grandparents used to live big beautiful houses, with at least two cars in the driveway, and be able to afford luxurious vacations to far away lands.

Generation X is already living that.

I am in my early 40s.
I grew up in huge homes, one with 6 bedrooms and 2 acres on the border of a country club, we always had 2 cars, vacations, steak and roast beef every week.
My adult life has been apartments and 1 used car. Now my family is helpful which is good, but I grew up with a lifestyle that has very little to do with how I live now. A vacation for me is going maybe 80 miles to visit a relative for the day. I have not been on a bonifide "hotel" vacation since 1992.

springflowers
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:27 am

mergered

You are correct Springflowers. This news is making a lot of people start to realize that we have been right.
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 am

springflowers wrote:
knarf wrote:Yes it is JJ, and our grandchildren will be told stories of how their grandparents used to live big beautiful houses, with at least two cars in the driveway, and be able to afford luxurious vacations to far away lands.

I am in my early 40s.
I grew up in huge homes, one with 6 bedrooms and 2 acres on the border of a country club, we always had 2 cars, vacations, steak and roast beef every week.
My adult life has been apartments and 1 used car. Now my family is helpful which is good, but I grew up with a lifestyle that has very little to do with how I live now. A vacation for me is going maybe 80 miles to visit a relative for the day. I have not been on a bonifide "hotel" vacation since 1992.
Same here. When I was a kid, my parents just had regular jobs and we lived WAY better than I've ever dreamed of living since I've been an adult. When my husband and I had our regular jobs, we still barely had enough money. I remember years ago reading about our generation being the first generation of Americans to have a lower standard of living instead of higher than our parents. I noticed the difference as soon as I became an adult and it has just progressively gotten worse ever since.
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jj on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:43 am

Jen wrote:
springflowers wrote:

I am in my early 40s.
Same here. When I was a kid, my parents just had regular jobs and we lived WAY better than I've ever dreamed of living since I've been an adult. When my husband and I had our regular jobs, we still barely had enough money. I remember years ago reading about our generation being the first generation of Americans to have a lower standard of living instead of higher than our parents. I noticed the difference as soon as I became an adult and it has just progressively gotten worse ever since.

Jen:

I remember that too...
I was in school LEARNING how to USE a computer at the time. I spoke to one of my (very young)classmates...she told me that exact same thing you just stated. I was so sad...that was the beginning for me to see it happening. And, the poor girl...she told me she was a "latch-key kid" growing up....

While in school when I was attending, she was pregnant, only 18, and had no help from the father at that time, and was learning MS Publisher to be able to find a job. Her plan was to work while PG because she was about to get her certificate & "graduate" from the class because the father of the baby left her.....

jj
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:51 am

jj wrote:
Jen wrote:
springflowers wrote:

I am in my early 40s.

Jen:

I remember that too...
I was in school LEARNING how to USE a computer at the time. I spoke to one of my (very young)classmates...she told me that exact same thing you just stated. I was so sad...that was the beginning for me to see it happening. And, the poor girl...she told me she was a "latch-key kid" growing up....

While in school when I was attending, she was pregnant, only 18, and had no help from the father at that time, and was learning MS Publisher to be able to find a job. Her plan was to work while PG because she was about to get her certificate & "graduate" from the class because the father of the baby left her.....

Yep, of course when it started happening, it didn't just affect my generation. Our parents' standard of living got destroyed and went way down too. It is just terrible. I fear what the next generation faces (my daughter).
When I was a kid, those were the good old days. My parents didn't have college degrees but, we went on vacations every year and everything. Benefits at their jobs were actually benefits. Health insurance was completely free for the whole family and covered 100% of everything. The cost of living was way more in proportion with the wages. Ahhhhh, the good old days.
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:05 pm

We should sell the Capital Building. This would be the best cut for sure!

Last edited by TR11005 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum