Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

House of Reps. Passes Cuts to Domestic Programs That Will Hurt the Poor  - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
House of Reps. Passes Cuts to Domestic Programs That Will Hurt the Poor  - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

House of Reps. Passes Cuts to Domestic Programs That Will Hurt the Poor  - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

House of Reps. Passes Cuts to Domestic Programs That Will Hurt the Poor

+7
Angelika
new_wave_princess
Patriot
njcookies
Keilowkei
Jen
js123
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

House of Reps. Passes Cuts to Domestic Programs That Will Hurt the Poor  - Page 2 Empty Re: House of Reps. Passes Cuts to Domestic Programs That Will Hurt the Poor

Post by Patriot Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:08 pm

Jen wrote:
Phillymg wrote:If anyone cares.....in 2008 Laura Bush spent $1 million to pay her staff. Also let's not even get started on the hundreds of millions of dollars the taxpayers paid to fly the Bush family back & forth from their ranch in Texas 77 times in 8 years. Plus the luxurious vacations Laura Bush took with her gal pals.
Of course, people didn't like that either. Just because people didn't like the previous administration doesn't mean that they should like the current administration doing the exact same horrible things. And just because a person doesn't like things that the current administration does, doesn't mean that they did like the things the previous administration did. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Last edited by Patriot on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

House of Reps. Passes Cuts to Domestic Programs That Will Hurt the Poor  - Page 2 Empty Re: House of Reps. Passes Cuts to Domestic Programs That Will Hurt the Poor

Post by Phillymg Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:09 pm

& Just in Case Anyone Doesn't Know.....this cost is what has completely destroyed the US economy--

http://costofwar.com/en/

Last edited by Phillymg on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:10 pm

kjps12 wrote:
Jen wrote:
when you were employed did you ever really think about whaT THE PRESIDENT WAS DOING
Sure did. (I know this question wasn't to me but, I had to chime in.)
I hated Bush and I hate Obama. They are the same!!
and what did you say
What do you mean? I complained about Bush constantly when he was in office. I called him an evil, war mongering, disgusting, Hitler-like president that only cared about the rich.

Last edited by Jen on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:11 pm

kjps12 wrote:
Jen wrote:
when you were employed did you ever really think about whaT THE PRESIDENT WAS DOING
and what did you say
do you know either personally. hate is a very strong word
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:13 pm

kjps12 wrote:
kjps12 wrote:
Jen wrote:
and what did you say
do you know either personally. hate is a very strong word
You know what I mean. People always say that they hate this or that politician. It means that we don't like the things that they do.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:13 pm

@Phillmg: ONYD!!!! They sure don't like going down THAT road, kinda like not discussing the previous administration that got this country into the economic abyss and recession. Whats the price tag on that mmmmmmmmmmm fast approaching $2 TRILLION dollars. Evil or Very Mad
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:14 pm

so jen when you were employed you disected politics as much as you do know
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:15 pm

kjps12 wrote:so jen when you were employed you disected politics as much as you do know
Not as much but, I sure hated Bush! I saw the country going into a horrible direction under him. Wars for no reason and all of the horrible things!
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:16 pm

heres a simple solution . tax cuts for the rich and funding 2 wars does not stimulate the economy and i only have 12 years proof
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Remember when Clinton was president how we heard the word 'Whitewater' 24-7?? Also the Repubs bashed Mrs. Clinton 24-7!!

Last edited by Phillymg on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Jen wrote:
kjps12 wrote:so jen when you were employed you disected politics as much as you do know
Not as much but, I sure hated Bush! I saw the country going into a horrible direction under him. Wars for no reason and all of the horrible things!
im a die hard dem jen . so heres hugs we need to progress the right is taking us down a scary path
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Phillymg wrote:& Just in Case Anyone Doesn't Know.....this cost is what has completely destroyed the US economy--

http://costofwar.com/en/

WE KNOW! And the black hole of fraudulent derivatives.

Very Happy
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:21 pm

stand on a corner a dem will give you his change, a goper will tell you get a fukin job
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:21 pm

kjps12 wrote:
Jen wrote:
im a die hard dem jen . so heres hugs we need to progress the right is taking us down a scary path
I know and Obama going along with all of it and continuing the wars and all of the other horrible things is the reason I am disgusted with him. I wanted the change that we voted for!
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Been wondering about the derivatives.....$$ doesn't just disappear into thin air. If the fed govt, the states, the pension plans etc. lost a ton of $$.....it went *SOMEWHERE*.....SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALL THE $$.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 pm

I have always been a current events person when I was employed. I found out through a news source in Europe about President GW Bush implementing Universal healthcare in Iraq in 2004 free of charge EXCEPT that the American people are footing the bill and will be generational I assure you, price tag over $950.000. Yes plenty of blame to go around and to bash the First Lady was just plain wrong IMO.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Phillymg wrote:Been wondering about the derivatives.....$$ doesn't just disappear into thin air. If the fed govt, the states, the pension plans etc. lost a ton of $$.....it went *SOMEWHERE*.....SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALL THE $$.
Into the pockets of Goldman Sachs, etc. The ones that WE BAILED OUT. They didn't really need bailed out. They had already stolen all of our money.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:25 pm

What I didn't know was how totally inept our Houses of Congress are, and the horrendous schedules they have. One week of "work" and TWO weeks off.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:25 pm

lets not clog the thread chat room
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Jen wrote:
Phillymg wrote:Been wondering about the derivatives.....$$ doesn't just disappear into thin air. If the fed govt, the states, the pension plans etc. lost a ton of $$.....it went *SOMEWHERE*.....SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALL THE $$.
Into the pockets of Goldman Sachs, etc. The ones that WE BAILED OUT. They didn't really need bailed out. They had already stolen all of our money.
That's what I was thinking.....how did the top 2% of Americans get so ungodly much richer than they were before the recession?? They *stole* from the rest of us.....& nobody is punishing them or trying to get the $$ back from them.....

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 pm

I think the unemployed have all learned a bit about the political games both parties play and how to wade thru the B.S. I spoke to the staffer in my Senator's office last week and cut him off as he was about to point the finger regarding budet CUTS at the republicans. I simply told him I didn't want to hear the usual political finger-pointing.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:32 pm

Don't forget to watch the President Clinton special on MSNBC on Monday night at 8PM. Those last two years of bashing him by the Republicans was not justified. Still he was a successful.

President Obama finally spoke out about the Wisconsin situation. Then he gets bashed by the Speaker of the House. Obama needs to speak out, that is what we have been waiting for! Get mad real mad! If the Speaker of the House shows up drunk for work, arrest him!

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 am

I voted for President Obama and he still reminds me of a deer staring into the headlights of a approaching car at night. Very disappointed but between the 2 parties I could not vote republican thats for sure. Where's Ross Perot!!! JUST KIDDIN.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:19 am

I have to agree about the Bush comments. I hated him as president and was ashamed he was elected (or stole the election). He'll go down in history as the worst president ever.

However, I am disappointed with Obama too. He doesn't seem to be helping either. I was not a fan of Reagan and my views on Clinton have changed (used to adore him, but he caused a lot of this too).
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2