Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  Cspan_live_play-1

Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya

+6
KeeptheFaith
unemployed2long/1208
Sovereign
pc
Sunrise
Jen
10 posters

Go down

Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  Empty Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya

Post by Jen Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41714735/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  812460
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  Empty Re: Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya

Post by Sunrise Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Even more reason to invest in alternative sources of energy.

Oil is a NON-renewable resource and we can expect to see prices only increase.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  Empty Re: Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya

Post by pc Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:59 pm

news is saying gas will be 25 cents befor end of week and in 6 months $5.00 a gallon

pc
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Sunrise wrote:Even more reason to invest in alternative sources of energy.

Even when I get That Job, I won't be able to afford the kind of home that I dream of. Not unless there are huge tax breaks and subsidies.

Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  Solar_12
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:51 am

I just added solar to our boat. Not that hard a task, just expensive.
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Ne'er-do-well

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:31 am

here comes reality again! recession all over! We are in trouble for sure! Obama's recovery fictitious and his big speeches can't hold down gas prices and following recession! But we'll see! But I do know this country cannot handle a recession. If there is a recovery as they lie about , its certain it is dead now! Sorry not being negative, because if gas goes outrageous it is reality time!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 am

Five-buck gas on the way? For that price I'd better at least get a kiss. http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/5-dollar-gas-get-ready-to-pay-an-arm-and-a-leg-for-gasoline
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Ne'er-do-well

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Yesterday gas was 3.29 and today it is 3.35. That is 6 cents in one day.....This is outrageous.....and cnn just reported that oil is $100 per barrell........and it has not been that high since October 2008....WOW....are we going backwards instead of forward......I thought the recession was over.....Doesn't look like it.....How's Washington going to spin this one.....
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:44 pm

I just wish that I had the money to fill my tank up now. Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  822786
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by njcookies Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Sunrise wrote:I just wish that I had the money to fill my tank up now. Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  822786
I put $15.50 in today and got 5 gals on the nose.

njcookies
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by njcookies Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:50 pm

KeeptheFaith wrote:Yesterday gas was 3.29 and today it is 3.35. That is 6 cents in one day.....This is outrageous.....and cnn just reported that oil is $100 per barrell........and it has not been that high since October 2008....WOW....are we going backwards instead of forward......I thought the recession was over.....Doesn't look like it.....How's Washington going to spin this one.....
it's the revolutions in the middle east driving the prices but the gas had never gone down before the unrest over there.

njcookies
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 pm

The crisis in Libya can't last forever. It will be over in 6 months.

What amuses me is that so many people seem to think that this is our government's fault somehow, as if they sell gas. Why don't you blame the oil companies who get billions in our tax money and use any excuse at all to raise gas through the roof? But no, it's Obama's fault right? I didn't blame Bush for high Gas prices or the for the fact that I couldn't even get gas after Katrina and no one else did either. Oh wait, I forgot, don't mention the past.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:39 pm

These gas prices are outrageous......I filled up this morning at the Shell Gas station for $3.35 a gallon and I got there just in time as the truck was pulling in to refill......and now the gas is $3.49 a gallon tonight......That is a 14 cents increase.....That is ridiculous.....at this rate we will be at four dollars a gallon within the next couple of weeks.....This is crazy......
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Yeah I estimate that guess will go up to around $4 for a while. Which means I won't drive much. The oil companies will use any excuse to increase costs.

What state do you live in? Near a large city?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:09 pm

I heard $7 here by summer in Mich.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:22 pm

That's what will happen for sure if nothing is changed but I think things will settle down by then.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:50 pm

CNN Money states four (4) dangers to U.S. Economy because of the Middle East crisis:
Higher oil prices (no brainer)
Sharp spending cuts in government
End of QE2
and falling stock prices (loss of wealth would be felt)

OH WELL!
Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  431770http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/24/news/economy/economic_risks_oil_spike_spending_cuts_stocks/index.htm
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:53 pm

js123 wrote:CNN Money states four (4) dangers to U.S. Economy because of the Middle East crisis:
Higher oil prices (no brainer)
Sharp spending cuts in government
End of QE2
and falling stock prices (loss of wealth would be felt)

OH WELL!
Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  431770http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/24/news/economy/economic_risks_oil_spike_spending_cuts_stocks/index.htm

That was right to the point!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:05 pm

The increase in gas prices HURTS ONLY the lower and middle income people.

Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:06 pm

I filled up my tank for $2.75 the other day in Ohio. The next day it was $3.36.
Evil or Very Mad Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  822786
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 pm

Jen wrote:I filled up my tank for $2.75 the other day in Ohio. The next day it was $3.36.
Evil or Very Mad Oil prices soar to two-year high on worries over crisis in Libya  822786

I don't even want to know how much gas has gone up here. It was already over $3.50 last week affraid
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Being from Alaska what are your feelings about drilling at Anwar?
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:34 pm

mrgolf wrote:

Being from Alaska what are your feelings about drilling at Anwar?

I am against it. From what I've read quite some time ago there isn't much oil there. Besides the oil that is piped currently is sold abroad.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:00 am

total screwed mess and everything we do isn't for our survival its for politics. Every thing that this country is involved with isn't about our welfare but political standing around the world..
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down