None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Providence plans to pink slip all teachers

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Providence plans to pink slip all teachers

Post by Angelika on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:25 am

Shameful!!

This is what the entire world sees about us, shaking their heads, asking, "What is happening to America? At the hands of their government??"

The world looks to our leadership. This President now.

Don't think this is what Obama had in mind for his legacy. Crying or Very sad

I keep waiting to not only see him climb out from under his rock but DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!! This cannot be "speeched" about.
Angelika
Premium Poster

http://www.Di-Dio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:33 am

Angelika wrote:Shameful!!

This is what the entire world sees about us, shaking their heads, asking, "What is happening to America? At the hands of their government??"

The world looks to our leadership. This President now.

Don't think this is what Obama had in mind for his legacy. Crying or Very sad

I keep waiting to not only see him climb out from under his rock but DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!! This cannot be "speeched" about.

This is the part I don't understand. Why are these other country's not reaming this president a new butt hole? If we go down, so shall they.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:38 am

Exactly knarf. They're all tied to us for so many reasons.

I think by government's own hands they will collapse us. Seriously.
Angelika
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:39 am

All the while he is saying education is the future of this country. WHAT FUTURE?

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:41 am

nuttin2lose wrote:All the while he is saying education is the future of this country. WHAT FUTURE?

Probably meant, in the art of speaking Chinese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:42 am

Well, in a few years we'll have plenty of diplomaless, GEDless recruits for the latest military venture, no shortage of meat for the grinder. Meanwhile, the teachers get to be trained for the Tom Hanks role in the thing.
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Ne'er-do-well

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:49 am

I m not for anyone that is working to lose their jobs. However as more states budgets get passed those that have chosen to hide their heads in the sand, living in their own worlds, will face a reality they have never imagined.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:00 pm

I saw an online article the other day that there are 60-student classrooms as the new norm. I'll go try to find it.

I always thought teachers were underpaid to begin with. As with police & firefighters, for what they do and the sacrifices they all make. Can you imagine the hours committed to bring homework home to your dining table, correcting it, continuing to mentor & educate, on $25,000 a year!? And then buy your own special project supplies? That's love & committment. Now to be stripped of the union that supports you -- where is this nation headed? Why do they get on these bandwagons taking us backwards?

• Deconstructing unions that help the working class
  • Roe vs. Wade is never over
  • Recessions come closer together than ever before
  • We still begin neanderthal wars instead of utilizing progressive diplomacy
  • We have more homelessness & teenage pregnancies than any other civilized country
  • Once a month (it seems), a head of this nation is caught with a mistress/gay lover
  • Their personal spending is never brought to task

When are we going to evolve to set the example the world expects of us? Did 9/11 really spark the ruination of America?
Angelika
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:28 pm

60 Students/4 Teacher ratio "stresses student independence over teacher-led lessons, scientific inquiry over rote memorization and freedom and self-expression over strict structure and discipline."

i.e., students will be teaching themselves (like little monkeys). Ooo, I did not just say that. . . Twisted Evil

http://www.theschoolboards.com/showthread.php/658-60-First-Graders-4-Teachers-One-Loud-New-Way-to-Learn-at-Brooklyn-s-New-American-Academy
Angelika
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:33 pm

Angelika wrote:
""Shameful!!

The world looks to our leadership. This President now.""

Just a few Observations...

The western civilised world hasn't held us in high esteem for a while...at least since Geo Bush2's illegal invasion of Iraq.

America is still the land of Hope for those stuck in third world poverty and in developing countries such as India (witness all the students who still come here and stay)

If you will watch a video called "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" there are claims that most of our so called allies are bought and paid for with financial deals that they cannot refuse.

Although I found one of our allies offer's to send two thousaned suicide monkeys into the first Gulf war kinda interesting..(algieria or morrocco)

If you think of WW1 and WW2 as a long drawn out European Civil war you will see that the European Union is now a pretty powerfull entity with Germany seeming to be taking on the role of central banker..

As far as Class sizes go, Here in Ohio the freshman classes at Ohio State are approx 400 students, which is one reason people attend community colege for the first two years...as well as cost...but you miss out on all the fraternity events..
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:50 pm

No Boy, it's getting ugly. The republicans think they have the last word. Millions of angry people with idle time on their hands will cause havoc and the republicans will be the target. You have the union workers, veterans, senior citizens and the unemployed angry at the government. Our government has created a monster that will not go away.
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:01 pm

js123 wrote:No Boy, it's getting ugly. The republicans think they have the last word. Millions of angry people with idle time on their hands will cause havoc and the republicans will be the target. You have the union workers, veterans, senior citizens and the unemployed angry at the government. Our government has created a monster that will not go away.

here, here, js. that's it in a nutshell. monster

Angelika
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:28 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:I m not for anyone that is working to lose their jobs. However as more states budgets get passed those that have chosen to hide their heads in the sand, living in their own worlds, will face a reality they have never imagined.

If money were the only issue, there would be no problems here in Wisconsin. The teachers' union has agreed to all of the financial cutbacks, every single one of them. The governor will not negotiate with them because he wants them to give up their collective bargaining rights.

If it was all about balancing the budget, I would think the governor would agree to simply the financial portion of the bill. Giving up collective bargaining rights does not balance a budget, monetary concessions do.
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum