Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! Cspan_live_play-1

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

+23
Kathy
Keilowkei
TMKLBMT
unemployed2long/1208
elvis44102
Hunterforjobs
nuttin2lose
pdsnickels
doreenb
Jen
gonzofl
trotter39
kellylee123
jj
child of the King
wowwhathappen
KeeptheFaith
MaryKayCoyne
mrmarti
Kimmymc
stilllooking
concernedinKY
mrgolf
27 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! Empty AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:03 pm

I know we had a thread for this before and haven't seen it here yet...sorry if its duplicate.

http://www.american99ersunion.com/

"Please contact your own Congressperson by fax, phone or email and ask him or her to support Representative Barbara Lee's bill (California representative) which is forthcoming and would add a 14 week extension of UI compensation to Tier 1 for all 99ers."

Go the site and click on the links provided for contact info for your state reps.

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! 618340

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! Empty Re: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:07 pm

UWAG

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/99ers-alert-hr-589-emergency-unemployment-compensation-extension-act-of-2011-is-introduced-to-ways-and-means-committee/2263

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! Empty Re: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:38 pm

This is an alert. It is imperative that every 99er work to flood the
Ways and Means Committee with emails demanding that the legislation
expediently be moved through the committee and onto the House floor.

Start the contacting tomorrow! Flood them!

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:48 pm

I hope Gregg (G) and Mike (pdsnickels) join our forum
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:06 pm

mrgolf (ADMIN) wrote:I hope Gregg (G) and Mike (pdsnickels) join our forum

I sent Gregg an invitation personally. Told him we want to work closely with him and he's even welcome to help us run things if he can find the time.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:07 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:

I am in Lets GET THEM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:08 pm

concernedinKY wrote:

I sent Gregg an invitation personally. Told him we want to work closely with him and he's even welcome to help us run things if he can find the time.

Gregg joined today! He is G.

Back to top Go down

Post by stilllooking Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:08 pm

concernedinKY wrote:

I saw a G in the members list earlier today, hoping that's him.
stilllooking
stilllooking
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Taking care of my dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by stilllooking Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:09 pm

concernedinKY wrote:

I saw a G in the members list earlier today, hoping that's him.
stilllooking
stilllooking
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Taking care of my dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmymc Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:10 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

I am in Lets GET THEM!

Count me in too!
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Genealogy, Exercise

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:35 am

I sent Mike, co founder of UWAG and the American 99ers Union an invitation
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 am

These are the individuals who sit on the Subcommittee on Human
Resources of the Ways and Means Committee. Also call the Capitol
switchboard at 1-866-220-0044 and ask to speak to these members. Don’t ask, demand, that HR 589 be put through.

Start the contacting NOW! Flood them!

For the "tweeters" out there, Ways & Means Committee - @WaysMeansCmte

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:31 am

Just FYI, Gregg's a registered member and I've granted him admin permissions so that, time allowing as he's really busy, he can drop by and set up his own spot to keep all 99ers union stuff together to help keep us up to date with their happenings.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:40 am

Contacted Ways and Means and Speaker Boehner demanding legislation come out of committee and onto the floor immediately. I asked AGAIN for Speaker Boehner to co-sponsor this bill.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmarti Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 am

concernedinKY wrote:Just FYI, Gregg's a registered member and I've granted him admin permissions so that, time allowing as he's really busy, he can drop by and set up his own spot to keep all 99ers union stuff together to help keep us up to date with their happenings.

what a great idea - I've been bouncing over to his site the last 2 days, but really love this site. It would be great to have G's input and updates on this site.
mrmarti
mrmarti
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed, looking for work, likes to cook, read watch tv&movies

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryKayCoyne Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 am

I too have been sending our letter and emails to the entire committee and worked on the Republicans this weekend, don't want to forget the Dem's so working my way through that today. Once I finish I am once again emailing the committee, I don't care if they see the same letter every day, they are getting one until they bring this to a vote.

Happy Valentines Day to ALL!

MaryKayCoyne
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Unemployed Operations Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:52 am

MaryKayCoyne wrote:Once I finish I am once again emailing the committee, I don't care if they see the same letter every day, they are getting one until they bring this to a vote.

Happy Valentines Day to ALL!

Exactly.....Maybe once they see the same message over and over again.....It will be ingrained in their minds that we need help.....
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:23 am

DesperateInRI wrote:

GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!
could not understand why they closed like that...oh well

ok.................we need to hammer hard this day
remember, even if it passed today....it takes them forever to get ready to disburse money

Everyone is starting to see this bill
we need to do some free press releases or articles

also, if anyone knows the group that owned UFF...they should turn over the domain name because all of the articles linking to them are now broken links and will pull down the rankings when you write about unemployment................it can be taken over/ transfer to this account and do a redirect...this way nothing is lost.

maybe G can contact them

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:51 am

We need to continue the battle today
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by child of the King Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:58 am

I agree! Let's keep sending the same message of SOS until HR589 is signed by President Obama and we all have jobs.
child of the King
child of the King
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Reading . Can't afford anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:12 pm

child of the King wrote:I agree! Let's keep sending the same message of SOS until HR589 is signed by President Obama and we all have jobs.

I heard the REPUBS moaning over the weekend that they want major cuts this year and do not want to help with extensions....does anyone have updates on this.............

HERE IS A LIST OF THE LATEST ARTICLES FOR HR589:

FROM GOOGLE
http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=1&ned=uk&ncl=dkLMBdyUZMSqFdM

http://www.examiner.com/unemployment-in-san-diego/ed-schultz-gives-powerful-99er-commentary-on-msnbc?cid=parsely#parsely

READ THIS ....SEE THAT WE NEED TO PUSH:

However, getting the bill passed will take a herculean effort that borders on the miraculous. Not one Republican has signed on to support the legislation. At present, 47 representatives have co-sponsored H.R.589. Donnie Shaw at OpenCongress.org reported that there are rumored to be at least a dozen more.

But the Democrats no longer control the House of Representatives. Getting a bill introduced -- or, as is the case here, re-introduced -- is the easy part. Getting it through a hostile chamber of Congress will be nearly impossible.

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by jj on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
jj
jj
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kellylee123 Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:19 pm

i called but they really wouldnt say anything other than they would pass on on support of the bill
kellylee123
kellylee123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:39 pm

These are the individuals who sit on the Subcommittee on Human
Resources of the Ways and Means Committee. Also call the Capitol
switchboard at 1-866-220-0044 and ask to speak to these members. Don’t ask, demand, that HR 589 be put through.

Start the contacting NOW! Flood them!

For the "tweeters" out there, Ways & Means Committee - @WaysMeansCmte

Back to top Go down

Post by trotter39 Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:47 pm

This bill will have a very tough time in congress getting thru.They have to find away to get HR 589 put together with a bill that the republicans need and want to get signed in the senate.I am sure that this is what lee and her team are thinking.They can work together and get this done by march.60 cosponsers is one of the highest of all the bills that are in the ways and means at this time.I'm sure there are ways to get things done that are so very important to millions of people who are suffering at this very moment.Like myself.

trotter39
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next