Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

+23
Kathy
Keilowkei
TMKLBMT
unemployed2long/1208
elvis44102
Hunterforjobs
nuttin2lose
pdsnickels
doreenb
Jen
gonzofl
trotter39
kellylee123
jj
child of the King
wowwhathappen
KeeptheFaith
MaryKayCoyne
mrmarti
Kimmymc
stilllooking
concernedinKY
mrgolf
27 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 2 Empty Re: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:53 pm

trotter39 wrote:This bill will have a very tough time in congress getting thru.They have to find away to get HR 589 put together with a bill that the republicans need and want to get signed in the senate.I am sure that this is what lee and her team are thinking.They can work together and get this done by march.60 cosponsers is one of the highest of all the bills that are in the ways and means at this time.I'm sure there are ways to get things done that are so very important to millions of people who are suffering at this very moment.Like myself.

The best way to get this through is to keep the pressure on! Email, fax, call, tweet, whatever it takes, but keep it going -NONSTOP!

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 2 618340

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 2 Empty Re: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by gonzofl Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Hit'em hard today,we will not go quietly into the night. Those of us who are represented by republicans in congress,hammer on them hard,this needs republican support!!
gonzofl
gonzofl
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by trotter39 Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:07 pm

I know i'm getting off topic here DesperateInRI,but if this doesn't go thru this time my little girls heart will be broken.I promised her a sweet 16 Birthday party,and when a father promises that and does not come thru,it will never be forgotten.I have not had a good night sleep in months.I'm sure i am not the only one out there with a story like this.But what is wrong with this picture.Don't they have hearts and feelings.They must have families too.Please let this bill pass.I still have time to pray,her birthday is March 29th.

trotter39
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:30 pm

gonzofl wrote:Hit'em hard today,we will not go quietly into the night. Those of us who are represented by republicans in congress,hammer on them hard,this needs republican support!!
BUMP.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kellylee123 Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:40 pm

ive been on hold with boehner office for 20 minutes so far(due to high call volume)
kellylee123
kellylee123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:52 pm

mrgolf wrote:
gonzofl wrote:Hit'em hard today,we will not go quietly into the night. Those of us who are represented by republicans in congress,hammer on them hard,this needs republican support!!
BUMP.

Its now or never, this is the best shot we have, so we have to stay positive, and act accordingly, while the repubs have the majority they havent been able to pass anything yet....we need to contact ways and means daily

also, while I dont know specifically why UFF closed, I can guess, we owe them a debt of gratitude for maintaining it for so long and putting up with us.

also, will G or pdsnickels know we are here so they can contact us with info, rather than rumors....

Back to top Go down

Post by kellylee123 Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:05 pm

ca wrote:
mrgolf wrote:
BUMP.

Its now or never, this is the best shot we have, so we have to stay positive, and act accordingly, while the repubs have the majority they havent been able to pass anything yet....we need to contact ways and means daily

also, while I dont know specifically why UFF closed, I can guess, we owe them a debt of gratitude for maintaining it for so long and putting up with us.

also, will G or pdsnickels know we are here so they can contact us with info, rather than rumors....

i believe cky wrote that g is registered he n has admin rights so he can come n update us.....
kellylee123
kellylee123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:07 pm

ca wrote:
mrgolf wrote:
BUMP.

Look forward to hearing from them.

WELCOME CA.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm

trotter39 wrote:I know i'm getting off topic here DesperateInRI,but if this doesn't go thru this time my little girls heart will be broken.I promised her a sweet 16 Birthday party,and when a father promises that and does not come thru,it will never be forgotten.I have not had a good night sleep in months.I'm sure i am not the only one out there with a story like this.But what is wrong with this picture.Don't they have hearts and feelings.They must have families too.Please let this bill pass.I still have time to pray,her birthday is March 29th.
Wow, that's the exact same day that my daughter's birthday is. She is older than your daughter and is in college on a full scholarship but, I really wish I could be able to buy her a present or give her some money. I will be a 99er next week and I didn't even have any money to give her anything this past Christmas for the first time ever. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:27 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
This is an alert. It is imperative that every 99er work to flood the
Ways and Means Committee with emails demanding that the legislation
expediently be moved through the committee and onto the House floor.
These are the individuals who sit on the Subcommittee on Human
Resources of the Ways and Means Committee. Also call the Capitol
switchboard at 1-866-220-0044 and ask to speak to these members. Don’t ask, demand, that HR 589 be put through.

Start the contacting NOW! Flood them!

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/

For the "tweeters" out there, Ways & Means Committee - @WaysMeansCmte

bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:46 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
This is an alert. It is imperative that every 99er work to flood the
Ways and Means Committee with emails demanding that the legislation
expediently be moved through the committee and onto the House floor.
These are the individuals who sit on the Subcommittee on Human
Resources of the Ways and Means Committee. Also call the Capitol
switchboard at 1-866-220-0044 and ask to speak to these members. Don’t ask, demand, that HR 589 be put through.

Start the contacting NOW! Flood them!

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/

For the "tweeters" out there, Ways & Means Committee - @WaysMeansCmte

bounce

please try to contact boehner via fax, email or call along with cantor, they will either be our biggest obstacles, they need to hear your stories...for months we contacted the dems, they now know about us,,,we need to contact the repubs...contact boehner and cantor along with your state rep especially if they are republican..please contact them today, tommorrow and until this bill moves forward....ask them to co sponsor the bill for the longest term unemployed, and all unemployed (everyone that is unemployed will benefit from this) everyone that is unemployed needs this safety net,, we all need to be on the same page...in our advocacy...like it has been said above...flood them with communication

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:55 pm

there are now 60 representatives co sponsoring this bill, the best we can do is to get that number of co sponsors up...but we need your help, since I last posted this, 2 reps from MA have joined but that is not enough, we need all of them...if you do not see your rep on this listing contact them and tell them they need to stand up for the unemployed now..especially if they are republicans...we need to see if they are going to support this bill now, no more rhetoric "yes i support it", actions speak louder than words, and we want action from them..tell them to stop hiding in the bathroom until the vote comes to the floor and man up now...their constituents are watching... here is the list of 60. ps yes we want repubs, desparately, and we will advocate for them, but even if we just get dems, we will be happy...something is better than nothing....this is the last chance for the unemployed to get a safety net. all unemployed..not just the 99ers

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmarti Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Anyone from Ct. - contact Congresswoman DeLauro and tell her to shake her leg and sign on as a co-sponsor - I have been e-mailing, faxing and calling every day, but her name is still missing from the list. Surprising because she stated that she stands behind the unemployed.
mrmarti
mrmarti
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed, looking for work, likes to cook, read watch tv&movies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:50 pm

mrmarti wrote:Anyone from Ct. - contact Congresswoman DeLauro and tell her to shake her leg and sign on as a co-sponsor - I have been e-mailing, faxing and calling every day, but her name is still missing from the list. Surprising because she stated that she stands behind the unemployed.

Review the list above copy and paste it into your correspondence to your representative, then ask them why their name isnt there...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:38 am

I see only 2 of my states reps have co sponsored, I will keep contacting the others. they are all democrat, they eventually sign i hope. Keep on pushing everyone!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryKayCoyne Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 am

Emailing the entire committee. PA and NJ are represented but we need everyone on board.

MaryKayCoyne
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Unemployed Operations Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:56 am

Floridian's please feel free to contact Rep. Richard Nugent(R-dist.5) and urge him to support this bill. He is new to the house and the area he is from is has one of the highest unemployment % in the state. If your not from his district and would like to write and urge his support,you can use zip code 34428 or 34429. Anyone from any state wishing to write him can make up an address and use Crystal River Florida as your city and either of the two zip codes I provided. Thanks.
gonzofl
gonzofl
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm

What happens if your benefit year expired? Will you still get a letter and 14 weeks??

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:11 pm

MaryKayCoyne wrote:Emailing the entire committee. PA and NJ are represented but we need everyone on board.

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 2 990903

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pdsnickels Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:05 am

The letter some have been asking about to send to their Reps is now posted at the American 99ers Union site.

I recommend sending your Rep. the A99U letter one day then sending your own personal letter with your "99er story" another day. But always put your signature as "MEMBER, American 99ers Union" - this shows them we are getting organized and this is one reason why Rep. Barbara Lee asked us to work with her.
pdsnickels
pdsnickels
Valued Poster

http://uwag.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:01 am

bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:07 am

pdsnickels wrote:The letter some have been asking about to send to their Reps is now posted at the American 99ers Union site.

I recommend sending your Rep. the A99U letter one day then sending your own personal letter with your "99er story" another day. But always put your signature as "MEMBER, American 99ers Union" - this shows them we are getting organized and this is one reason why Rep. Barbara Lee asked us to work with her.
Thanks and once again welcome. You have been a great advocate for the unemployed
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:27 am

Sick & Tired wrote:I know we had a thread for this before and haven't seen it here yet...sorry if its duplicate.

http://www.american99ersunion.com/

"Please contact your own Congressperson by fax, phone or email and ask him or her to support Representative Barbara Lee's bill (California representative) which is forthcoming and would add a 14 week extension of UI compensation to Tier 1 for all 99ers."

Go the site and click on the links provided for contact info for your state reps.

Hope we are all making a big push today.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:34 am

nuttin2lose wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:I know we had a thread for this before and haven't seen it here yet...sorry if its duplicate.

"Please contact your own Congressperson by fax, phone or email and ask him or her to support Representative Barbara Lee's bill (California representative) which is forthcoming and would add a 14 week extension of UI compensation to Tier 1 for all 99ers."

Go the site and click on the links provided for contact info for your state reps.

Bump

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:18 am

nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:

Bump
BUMP

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next