Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Unemployment Rate Falls Under 9% For First Time Since April 2009!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unemployment Rate Falls Under 9% For First Time Since April 2009!

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:41 pm

needajobinky wrote:It does me too...but remember there is only one person that could ever have the power to run a world gov....those of us that believe knows who this individual is... and will only be able to come to power through world caos.....scary i know..but this is what i see comin..... order out of caos!!!! AT FIRST ANYWAY>>>>>> Sad
I don't know who the one person is that you are talking about. The people that are doing it are a large group of thousands of people who are global bankers and global corporate executives (the top 0.1% of the world or something like that). They have infiltrated every government in the world and every aspect of society in order to get it done. I don't think they're going to pick one person to do it. It will be all of them.

Last edited by Jen on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by needajobinky on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:48 pm

I agree their plans wont work....they dont have the power to create their one world gov. it wont work....there is only one person that has that power! and hope to god it isnt his time....this person i speak of exsists in the bible in revalation....just hope this isnt the time for his evil....probally gonin get alot gripes bout sayin this but dont care!!
needajobinky
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:51 pm

needajobinky wrote:I agree their plans wont work....they dont have the power to create their one world gov. it wont work....there is only one person that has that power! and hope to god it isnt his time....this person i speak of exsists in the bible in revalation....just hope this isnt the time for his evil....probally gonin get alot gripes bout sayin this but dont care!!
I'm not so sure if that is what is really happening. I think that these globalists are trying to make it look like it is the end of the world and everything by following what it says in there so, that people will just stand down and let them take over but, I don't know for sure.
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by needajobinky on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Know one knows for sure, but the thing is that they dont posess the power for what thier up to....just leads to protests and civil unrest..but evil always sees its oppertunity...thats what sares me....But our focus is bring them down by standing up for what so many have died for OUR FREEDOM....take our country back before things get worse....PEACEFULLY!!!!
needajobinky
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm

GabrielBerg wrote:Seems like good news all around...

192,000 jobs gained in February is the highest since May 2010 when all the temp Census workers were being hired.
January's numbers were actually revised up to 63,000 from the dismal 36,000 originally reported.

Even the "real" unemployment rate (A15-U6) fell for the third month in a row to 15.9%

alien cheers cheers cheers alien cheers cheers cheers alien

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-04/u-s-payrolls-climbed-192-000-in-february-as-jobless-rate-declined-to-8-9-.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/04/us-usa-economy-idUSTRE71R3OO20110304
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41903404/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/
http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/04/news/economy/february_jobs_report/index.htm

THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION -- FEBRUARY 2011
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
Sorry, we got off topic a little there. Very Happy

Last edited by Jen on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by needajobinky on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:06 pm

yep.....I did and im sorry....lol... one of those days..to much on mind guess....back to topic "it is BS"....lol
needajobinky
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:08 pm

needajobinky wrote:yep.....I did and im sorry....lol... one of those days..to much on mind guess....back to topic "it is BS"....lol
It wasn't just you. I just thought I should put the topic back on here in case people wondered if they clicked on the wrong topic.
lol!
Maybe we should start our own topic about it.
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:22 pm

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/04/news/economy/february_jobs_report/index.htm
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by needajobinky on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Jen wrote:
needajobinky wrote:yep.....I did and im sorry....lol... one of those days..to much on mind guess....back to topic "it is BS"....lol
It wasn't just you. I just thought I should put the topic back on here in case people wondered if they clicked on the wrong topic.
lol!
Maybe we should start our own topic about it.
sounds like good idea!!
needajobinky
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

NELP: Economy Gained 192,000 Jobs in February (3-4-11)

Post by jj on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Economy Gained 192,000 Jobs in FebruaryMarch 4, 2011

http://www.nelp.org/page/-/Press%20Releases/2011/PR.jobs.statement.march.4.pdf?nocdn=1
jj
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Jen wrote:It looks like Sunrise guessed correctly that it would be 8.9%

It looks like mrgolf was right that they are going to keep lowering the official unemployment rate until it gets down below 8% even without the jobs so, Obama can get reelected.

Sad
I was right AGAIN!
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:08 pm

mrgolf wrote:
Jen wrote:It looks like Sunrise guessed correctly that it would be 8.9%

It looks like mrgolf was right that they are going to keep lowering the official unemployment rate until it gets down below 8% even without the jobs so, Obama can get reelected.

Sad
I was right AGAIN!
You always are. Very Happy
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Remember I did predict that the unemployment rate would be under 8% by the time of the Republican National Convention
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by njcookies on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 pm

gee I hope NJ does not cancel my EB.

njcookies
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Jen wrote:

[url=http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/04/news/economy/february_jobs_report/index.htm
http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/04/news/economy/february_jobs_report/index.htm[/quote[/url]]
Jen thanx for the Nonfarm Payrolls chart. It's clear that the corporations made significant job cuts in the run up to the Midterm elections.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Here's the estimate for 2010/2011. It's not that jobs aren't being created. It's that *not enough of them* are being created.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:40 pm

njcookies wrote:gee I hope NJ does not cancel my EB.
High EB Details

Info from NJ DOL website

High EB is currently active in New Jersey effective May 3, 2009.

History:

High Extended Benefits (EB) expands Extended Benefits (EB) from 13 weeks or 50% of the individual’s maximum benefit amount to 20 weeks or 80% of the individual’s maximum benefit amount, whichever amount is less. In order for High EB to become active, New Jersey had to have an unemployment insurance rate that averaged 8.0% for a three-month period. New Jersey triggered on to High EB effective May 3, 2009.

In New Jersey, all EUC benefits must be paid prior to the payment of any EB benefits.

kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:43 am

Phillymg wrote:
Here's the estimate for 2010/2011. It's not that jobs aren't being created. It's that *not enough of them* are being created.

What good is knowing how many jobs were created if we don't know how many of them were full time, permanent, middle class wage jobs VS. part time/temp/contract positions with no benefits and low pay? Seriously - that number is meaningless.

As far as the number of new claims dropping...it seem common sense that after 4 years the number of job losses/lay offs/ down-sizing would level off anyway. That doesn't account for the 150,000 or so who enter the work force for the first time every month who've never worked and don't qualify for an "initial" UI claim...or the millions of LT unemployed who don't qualify either - but still have NO JOB.
That unemployment number doesn't tell the real HUMAN story about the unemployed anymore than the "jobs created" number tells us anything about the kind of jobs being created.
The only thing we DO know is that the numbers of people needing life sustaining employment continue to FAR EXCEED the number of jobs available (regardless of the quality of employment)...and that gap is expected to be the new reality for a very long time.

To hear our President talk about how we need to "out educate", "out-train", "out innovate" so we can compete with other countries ... is simply laughable when you consider the current trend in deteriorating treatment/devaluation of American "human capital" - (i.e...workers).
When he, or other politicians, make the claim "American workers are the very best in the world"...all I feel is smoke being blown up my you know what.

Kat
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:42 am

Anyone:

Sorry to sound stupid, but how do I post a link to an article? Thanks!
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:53 am

kman wrote:Anyone:

Right click on the link, and then hit copy link . Bring it here, right click again, and hit paste.

Very simple

Back to top Go down

Post by kman on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:08 am

knarf wrote:
kman wrote:Anyone:

Right click on the link, and then hit copy link . Bring it here, right click again, and hit paste.

Very simple

Thanks - consider that your good deed for the day!
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:18 pm

This morning on Washington Journal the guest was touting the bull that Americans need education - skills that require 2 year degrees. Now I wonder if the "think tanks" are trying to further suppress the wages of those that got degrees in areas supposedly in demand - by replacing most of them with techs with a very narrow skill set. The 4 year degree layoffs will then be forced to work for 1/2 of what they used to earn since there will be plenty of people to replace them.

What gave me this idea was a conversation that I had a few years back with a colleague from India. He told me that there were literally hundreds of facilities opening up in his home town in southern India that zero in only on the latest skills in demand. My dad was telling me that there will be a lot of new IT jobs opening up in south Florida to which I replied, "they're probably trying to attract the Indians who like a warmer climate."

Is everyone aware that the latest employment statistics are derived from a poll of only 60,000 Americans??? In a country with 325 million documented citizens and approximately 25 million roaming around as they please? How much longer is the American taxpayer going to tolerate all this insanity? Not only have our livelihoods been diminished, if not completely destroyed, but next the gangsters at state want to reduce Medicaid. We have people roaming around this country - even those that come here with money as tourists - I'm concerned about an outbreak of communicable disease since the gov't has completely ignored it's responsibility to protect American citizens choosing profit over life.

sbraney
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:28 pm

What good is knowing how many jobs were created if we don't know how many of them were full time, permanent, middle class wage jobs VS. part time/temp/contract positions with no benefits and low pay? Seriously - that number is meaningless.
Kat I wouldn't say the chart of Private Nonfarm jobs since the 1970s is meaningless. However it gives only one small piece of the puzzle. You're right that wage stagnation has been a huge problem not reflected in that particular chart.

In Dec. economist Alan Blinder wrote--in the Wall Street Journal of all places--
Real average hourly earnings (excluding fringe benefits) now stand roughly at 1974 levels. Yes, that's right, no real increase in over 35 years.
Recently the HuffPost reprinted a BLS chart showing 'the widening gap between growth of productivity for companies and real hourly compensation for workers over the 30 plus years.' Unfortunately the chart doesn't include 2010 but later this month the BLS brings out its annual report so we'll get to see the sad facts at that point.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/26/the-widening-gap-between-_n_828659.html

It would be useful to find a chart showing how many permanent jobs with benefits have been replaced by temp jobs without benefits. Will look.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:37 pm

In Dec. economist Alan Blinder wrote--in the Wall Street Journal of all places--
Real
average hourly earnings (excluding fringe benefits) now stand roughly
at 1974 levels. Yes, that's right, no real increase in over 35 years.
If they were to actually take into account real inflation and not their fake inflation rates that don't include food and energy, I think the wages would be considered way lower today instead of just stagnant.
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:44 pm

But back to 1974 the inflation rate hasn't included food & energy either. In order to make a comparison to the past the same standards must be applied or the charts don't work. I'm sure that somewhere there is a chart with inflation including food & energy that goes back to the seventies or even the forties.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum