Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present

+12
needajobinky
Jen
js123
mj
caring1
Sunrise
rubeNG
kman
mrgolf
pugsrit
JaneWI
Quiethawk
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present - Page 3 Empty Re: Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:37 am

Jen wrote:
knarf wrote:I see very bad things happening in the very near future.
X2

X3

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present - Page 3 Empty Re: Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present

Post by mj Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:02 am

thanks for all the well wishes of good luck tomorrow on the interview ~ even if I get it ~ I'm going to be here as long as it takes for all my unemployed friends to go back to work or for an extention to help all ~ We're all in this together ~ and have to continue to fight for everyone ~ Karri just called me from Madison ~ they (all 24 of them who are unemployed) are staying tonight ~ one of my friends has family in Madison so they will take turns keeping warm at her home & getting something to eat ~ it's a short walk to their house ~ they have their sleeping bags & blankets so they'll stay warm & they are telling me that the restaurants are bringing food out to the protesters ~ there's pizza & subs & hot coffee & hot chocolate in abundance right now ~ all the days that I have been in Madison the food vendors have been awesome ~ especially to the unemployed ~ they would send you over to places that would provide you with a nice meal Free ~ they've been good to the protesters ~ Karri said that the police can't control the crowds & it looks like they are just going to let them be for tonight ~ I'm sure tomorrow is going to get uglier
mj
mj
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Human Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:04 am

[/quote]
I made a reference to Hitler a few posts up scarry isn't it. I still can't believe this is what the voters had in mind when they voted this guy into office.[/quote]
I didn't vote for him ~ he was a crook in Milwaukee I just knew he was up to something~ shame on him! He'll get what's coming to him
mj
mj
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Human Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:06 am

Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present - Page 3 204917 Good Luck Tomorrow, MJ! I hope you land yourself the job.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:08 am

mj wrote:
I made a reference to Hitler a few posts up scarry isn't it. I still can't believe this is what the voters had in mind when they voted this guy into office.

I didn't vote for him ~ he was a crook in Milwaukee I just knew he was up to something~ shame on him! He'll get what's coming to him

He feels no shame and that is the problem. He should be sent packing!

Last edited by Sunrise on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rubeNG Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:13 am

rubeNG
rubeNG
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:50 am

mrgolf wrote:
I saw the protests at the State House on TV tonight. Seems very orderly. Have you been able to make it lately?

The last one I went to was the day Michael Moore was there, unfortunately I missed him. There were a lot of people there and yes, it was a peaceful protest. There were a lot of small children in attendance. Their parents would not have brought them if they felt the situation was dangerous.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:08 am

Budget bill foes say stealthy vote broke open meetings law; challenges coming

"Attorney Bob Dreps, an expert in open meetings and open records law, said the state's open meetings law requires 24 hours notice before any government meeting can be held. It allows for shorter notice for "good cause" only when it would be "impossible" or "impractical" to wait 24 hours. But even in those situations there must be a two-hour notice for an emergency meeting, he said.

Dreps said from what he could see, the Senate Republicans "didn't give valid notice.""

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_66b46584-4ae2-11e0-98ae-001cc4c002e0.html

Dems file ethical complaint against Walker for Koch call

"DPW’s complaint alleges Walker violated campaign finance and state ethics laws by illegally soliciting coordination for independent expenditures, using state facilities to do it, discussing putting the public safety at risk by inserting troublemakers into the protests and engaging in unfair labor practices by using the threat of layoffs to bargain politically."

http://badgerherald.com/news/2011/03/07/dems_file_ethical_co.php

Wisconsin Republicans strip collective bargaining rights from public workers without Dems

""You are cowards!" spectators in the Senate gallery screamed as lawmakers voted. Within hours, a crowd of a few hundred protesters inside the Capitol had grown to several thousand, more than had been in the building at any point during weeks of protests."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gwdTt6Rc4qGeIW32MNGwM_CwsPzQ?docId=6195041
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by needajobinky Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:47 am

mj wrote:
I made a reference to Hitler a few posts up scarry isn't it. I still can't believe this is what the voters had in mind when they voted this guy into office.[/quote]
I didn't vote for him ~ he was a crook in Milwaukee I just knew he was up to something~ shame on him! He'll get what's coming to him[/quote].............NEDAJOBINKY........... These These bastards need to realize that yeah! they got voted in but, they can get in turn get kicked the hell out!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil They just need to realize that when american's are pushed into a corner and feed up....We will make these bastards reap what they sow... They are idots for overlooking the fact that this is "UNITED" States of America...No matter what they try and pull we will prevail... They can stike at our heels and in return we well stomp on their heads...DON'T TREAD ON US>... Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present - Page 3 750548NEEDAJOBINKY is fired up today, sorry!!!
needajobinky
needajobinky
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Quiethawk wrote:Here is the video of the meeting...

[url=http://wiseye.org/Programming/VideoArchive/EventDetail.aspx?evhdid=3885
http://wiseye.org/Programming/VideoArchive/EventDetail.aspx?evhdid=3885[/quote[/url]]

I watched the video several times...does ANYONE hear the vote in the background? I can't!! They acknowledged the Democratic Senator, let him talk, and then I can only guess that in the background they voted? This can't believe this happened in my home State....
Crying or Very sad

flowergirl
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:13 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/03/09/wisconsin-senate-strips-state-workers-of-bargaining-rights/
"The Senate Democrats have had three weeks to debate this bill and were
offered repeated opportunities to come home, which they refused,"
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said in a statement. "In order to move the
state forward, I applaud the Legislature's action today to stand up to
the status quo and take a step in the right direction to balance the
budget and reform the government. The action today will help ensure
Wisconsin has a business climate that allows the private sector to
create 250,000 new jobs."

I would like to know just how Walker thinks that stripping them of their rights is going to create 250,000 jobs!
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:58 pm

I just got back from Neenah. There were about 100 people at this protest. Boy, is it cold and windy today. There were protests around the state that started at 9 am. I hope to get some pictures from this event so I can post them here. I didn't bring a camera. I gave my contact information to a lady who was there and hope she will send some of her pictures to me.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stilllooking Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Faux News is reporting that the protesters in Wisconsin have been smashing capitol windows and "where is the outrage, can you imagine if it were the tea partyers doing this."

Blah,Blah,Blah
stilllooking
stilllooking
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Taking care of my dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:12 pm

stilllooking wrote:Faux News is reporting that the protesters in Wisconsin have been smashing capitol windows and "where is the outrage, can you imagine if it were the tea partyers doing this."

Blah,Blah,Blah
If there really are windows being smashed then I'll bet that means that they have sent in the troublemakers to make the protesters look bad. Smashing windows is their standard method of operation every time they send them in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow&tracker=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNOV_W6UnbE&tracker=False

Last edited by Jen on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:13 pm

[quote="flowergirl"]
Quiethawk wrote:Here is the video of the meeting...

http://wiseye.org/Programming/VideoArchive/EventDetail.aspx?evhdid=3885[/quote]

I watched the video several times...does ANYONE hear the vote in the background? I can't!! They acknowledged the Democratic Senator, let him talk, and then I can only guess that in the background they voted? This can't believe this happened in my home State....
Crying or Very sad

Hey Flowergirl
It was a Dem House Rep who spoke and all of the Republican Senators voted yes except for 1 it was Dale Schultz. Of course the right is calling him a coward.... So very sad..

Last edited by Quiethawk on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stilllooking Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Jen wrote:
stilllooking wrote:Faux News is reporting that the protesters in Wisconsin have been smashing capitol windows and "where is the outrage, can you imagine if it were the tea partyers doing this."

Blah,Blah,Blah
If there really are windows being smashed then I'll bet that means that they have sent in the troublemakers to make the protesters look bad. Smashing windows is their standard method of operation every time they send them in.

Yeah, the video clip they showed with it showed people climbing through the window to get into the capitol, but there was nothing showing it was smashed, someone from inside could have just opened it.
stilllooking
stilllooking
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Taking care of my dogs

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present - Page 3 Empty News on the vote on collective bargaining rights ban in Wisconsin

Post by CLO Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:46 pm

FYI

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_66b46584-4ae2-11e0-98ae-001cc4c002e0.html
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Customer service/ healthcare

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:54 pm

CLO, thank you for the post! Smile

I think I posted the same article this morning on this thread.

https://dawu.forumotion.com/t906p40-wisconsin-gop-senators-pass-stand-alone-anti-union-bill-without-democrats-present
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Wisconsin Union Wisconsin Republican senators leave through secret tunnel after march 9th vote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_cMqhDfc1w
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Sorry, Jane! I posted without really going through the topics- guess we are on the same page, aren't we? LOL
Seriously, tho- I fervently hope that this gets the "vote' yesterday overturned- or riots will ensue!! I like the statement that Walker will go down in history as the greatest union organizer EVER!
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:03 pm

CLO wrote:Sorry, Jane! I posted without really going through the topics- guess we are on the same page, aren't we? LOL
Seriously, tho- I fervently hope that this gets the "vote' yesterday overturned- or riots will ensue!! I like the statement that Walker will go down in history as the greatest union organizer EVER!

It's all good. I just thought I'd let you know. Wink I just posted a short video clip of the republicans leaving the capital last night after their vote. They left in Madison Metro buses.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:09 pm

WOW! Do you think they were actually feeling shame for their actions? Or just scared as He## that they might all betarred and feathered before they scuttled outta there? Absolutely shameful !! Escape artists in the Repug party...
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:10 pm

It looks like the senators were on their way to a fund raiser in DC.

Republicans plan big fundraiser in D.C.

"State Republicans are planning to hold a big fundraiser at the offices of a major lobbying fim in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday.

Supporters are asked to give at least $1,000 to the state Republican Party's federal account to attend the event at the BGR Group's offices in D.C. The cost is $2,500 to sponsor and $5,000 to host the fundraiser."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/117699163.html?page=1
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:18 pm

And so it goes... still wish they would have been tarred and feathered!
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:21 pm

JaneWI wrote:CLO, thank you for the post! Smile

I think I posted the same article this morning on this thread.

https://dawu.forumotion.com/t906p40-wisconsin-gop-senators-pass-stand-alone-anti-union-bill-without-democrats-present
I'm going to let one of the more tech minded admins do any merging if necesary
Wisconsin GOP Senators Pass Stand-Alone Anti-Union Bill Without Democrats Present - Page 3 Merging-traffic-sign-k-6489
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next