Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared  - Page 4 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared  - Page 4 Cspan_live_play-1

Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared  - Page 4 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared

+20
Mags
flowergirl
Kathy
TomW
stilllooking
mrmarti
Phillymg
Kat
js123
njcookies
UPCHITCREEK
unemployed2long/1208
Jen
KeeptheFaith
JaneWI
503Depressed
mrgolf
Sad American
Sunrise
Quiethawk
24 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared  - Page 4 Empty Re: Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared

Post by Quiethawk Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:40 am

Found this:http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2014462269_apcajapanearthquakewestcoast1stld.html

The center says people in coastal communities should be on alert and prepare for possible evacuation.
The first waves are expected to hit San Francisco at 8:16 a.m., Santa
Barbara at 8:24 a.m., Santa Monica at 8:39 a.m. and La Jolla at 8:48
a.m.
A watch can be upgraded to a warning if there are destructive waves or canceled if there's no further threat to the area.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a separate tsunami warning
for Hawaii. The estimated earliest arrival of the first tsunami wave for
Hawaii is 2:59 a.m. HST Friday.
Still can't find anything on our area. La Push WA
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared  - Page 4 Empty Re: Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:42 am

Quiethawk wrote:
Mobs wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:
Mobs wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:Poor tourists in Hawaii they don't know what's happening with the sirens going off. I lived on Kauai and we had a tsunami mid day, it was just a baby wave but we spent hours helping friends move stuff out of businesses. Yea you get gas in your car and go up land and wait.. It's gonna be a long night for everyone...
I lived in Kauai for six years in the late 80;s and I remember hearing the Sirens...and while running on the road, never knew what that was about, till recently..sorry about not getting the Moon Pics, but I will make sure to seek US GS. I am listening to BBC CNN now...and trying to reach HawaiiUp, Ryan&Jen..Lost Podcasts friends...

Where you lived??? I was up in the Homestead above Kappa up past Opaeka`a falls on Puuplio moved there the year after Iniki....

Poi Pu Beach Kauai, Kiahuna Plantation Condos..best time of my life

Loved Poi Pu.... Have you been back?? They put in a hwy on the back side of Kappa because of the traffic...
Last time i was back...the hwy was extended and it was past Black Sand Beach at the end of Da road..ya know..I got pics we can share

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:50 am

Mobs wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:
Mobs wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:
Mobs wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:Poor tourists in Hawaii they don't know what's happening with the sirens going off. I lived on Kauai and we had a tsunami mid day, it was just a baby wave but we spent hours helping friends move stuff out of businesses. Yea you get gas in your car and go up land and wait.. It's gonna be a long night for everyone...
I lived in Kauai for six years in the late 80;s and I remember hearing the Sirens...and while running on the road, never knew what that was about, till recently..sorry about not getting the Moon Pics, but I will make sure to seek US GS. I am listening to BBC CNN now...and trying to reach HawaiiUp, Ryan&Jen..Lost Podcasts friends...

Where you lived??? I was up in the Homestead above Kappa up past Opaeka`a falls on Puuplio moved there the year after Iniki....

Loved Poi Pu.... Have you been back?? They put in a hwy on the back side of Kappa because of the traffic...
Last time i was back...the hwy was extended and it was past Black Sand Beach at the end of Da road..ya know..I got pics we can share

I was there when they open up a Kmart ya know brotha it was da kine... People took kids outa school to go to Lihue for the opening. I miss piegon...... Now they got Walmart Kmart closed... Went to work barefoot everyday it was heaven... Worked for 3 Naturopaths in Lihue
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:53 am

Finally got a local posting we will get about a foot or less around 7 am. Okay don't need to go help move people down in La Push. What a night. Saying prayers for all those affected by this event....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:59 am

okay it's 2 am time for bed.... Prayers ongoing
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:00 am

Quiethawk wrote:
Mobs wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:
Mobs wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:
Mobs wrote:

I was there when they open up a Kmart ya know brotha it was da kine... People took kids outa school to go to Lihue for the opening. I miss piegon...... Now they got Walmart Kmart closed... Went to work barefoot everyday it was heaven... Worked for 3 Naturopaths in Lihue
I memba times like that too, we also were in Kahana, Maui for awhile when Safeway first showed up...Or picking mango's while waiting at the stop sign, heading out....I love the Hawaiian Isles, and pray for all that may be in the way of this Tsunami....we should talk more soon..I was there in Maui before all the Hotels at Kāʻanapali had fences and parking fees...and when you could surf if you knew the right family from Lahaina being a Haole from the Mainland...I did alright...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:48 am

Still watching this news...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12709598

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:57 am

I wonder if NZ has felt this yet. Christchurch had a hug earthquake recently. The last thing they need is a tsunami.

Ongoing prayers for everyone affected.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:58 am

This is awful......Prayers go out to everyone affected......
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:15 am

This is horrible. I have heard that there are tsunami warnings everywhere.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:27 am

Okay got a couple of hours of sleep. Prayers ongoing...
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:28 am

Tsunami hitting Hawaii right now.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:31 am

Jen wrote:Tsunami hitting Hawaii right now.

Here's the link to CNN's live update on the earthquake and tsunami.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/11/live-blog-japan-earthquake/?hpt=T1
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:37 am

JaneWI wrote:
Jen wrote:Tsunami hitting Hawaii right now.

Here's the link to CNN's live update on the earthquake and tsunami.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/11/live-blog-japan-earthquake/?hpt=T1
Thank you. The coverage that I get on Headline News leaves a lot to be desired. I wish they would give us a better news station on the smallest TV package.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:40 am

Oh god they are having problems cooling down their reactor in Japan....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:43 am

Quiethawk wrote:Oh god they are having problems cooling down their reactor in Japan....
This is not good. Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared  - Page 4 443306
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:49 am

So sorry and sad for Japan.
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:03 pm

About 9 a.m. here in Nor Cal. Tsunami wave doing a lot of damage in Santa Cruz. Local news is all over it.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:30 pm

mrgolf wrote:About 9 a.m. here in Nor Cal. Tsunami wave doing a lot of damage in Santa Cruz. Local news is all over it.

Stay safe. Are you in an area that could be hit?
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:28 pm

USGS has upgraded the quake to 9.0.
503Depressed
503Depressed
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:06 pm

JaneWI wrote:
mrgolf wrote:About 9 a.m. here in Nor Cal. Tsunami wave doing a lot of damage in Santa Cruz. Local news is all over it.

Stay safe. Are you in an area that could be hit?
We are safe here but the creeks in our town could be effected and there might be flooding
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:07 pm

The tsunami suges come in waves. The first is not the strongest. We will be dealing with this all day and into the night.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Surfers are now out in Santa Cruz
Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared  - Page 4 Tsunami-surfing
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:24 pm

mrgolf wrote:Surfers are now out in Santa Cruz
Japan Earthquake: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits, 19-Feet High Tsunami Feared  - Page 4 Tsunami-surfing
They are nuts! They are telling them on the news to not do that and that it could be deadly. affraid
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:24 pm

CNN reporting a new 6.2 quake just hit Nagano, Japan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next