Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award Cspan_live_play-1

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award

+2
Jen
JaneWI
6 posters

Go down

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award Empty Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:31 pm

State rep Martin Harty (Republican) believes the mentally ill should be shipped off to Siberia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/10/martin-harty-suggests-sen_n_834316.html

Shameful, shameful words and behavior.

Back to top Go down

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award Empty Re: Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award

Post by JaneWI Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:39 pm

One, that's just cruel.

Two, he's a freshman? He must have gotten a late start or something. Maybe his comments are a symptom of something else.
"A 91-year-old freshman Republican state lawmaker suggested New Hampshire's mentally disabled should be shipped to Siberia and said he is unapologetic about the comment."
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award Empty Re: Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award

Post by Jen Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

"She called me an Adolf Hitler and hung up on me.

I don't blame her.

State Rep. Martin Harty of Barrington said he was kidding around with an
unidentified woman caller who supported funding for the homeless when
he raised the issue of eugenics and the world's population growth.

He's one of those psychopaths that wants to kill off all of the world's poor.

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 163631

Last edited by Jen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:42 pm

I would like to see Republicans shipped off to Siberia, just saying.................

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:46 pm

I see protests in WA very soon now that the weather is warmer. Not only the 99ers but other groups as well. These politicians have gotten away with too much. Many Americans are very sick of their shameful words and behavior that really is dragging our country down the toilet.

Forgive me for saying this but who in their right mind would vote for a 91 year old person to be a lawmaker in Washington? There should be restriction on age.

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 76367

Last edited by js123 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more text)
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:03 pm

js123 wrote:I see protests in WA very soon now that the weather is warmer. Not only the 99ers but other groups as well. These politicians have gotten away with too much. Many Americans are very sick of their shameful words and behavior that really is dragging our country down the toilet.
Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 76367
I see it spreading all of the country by summer. They just keep pushing and pushing. I can't believe it is coming to this in this country.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michfemale11 Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi all, I have been a 99er since March '10, one whole year now. I have been active on the Washington Watch site, and was even telephone interviewed/broadcast on ABC nightly news with Charles Gibson in Oct. of '09. I have been active with emailing about our plight for some time now, and have watched UF forum daily for months before this new "breakaway".

I finally registered here today though, since I could not believe my eyes when I saw this topic post. This guy should be yanked from his position immediately and without a second thought! I have tried so hard to find work, 20 years in my field, and cannot even get a lousy interview anywhere! We have been "surviving" on my *mentally handicapped* daughters SSI (476 a month) and her child support (326 a month, that did not even come this month, not one thin dime). So a family of five "lives" on $800 a month, if that...we have been evicted from our home no less than 3 times in the past year without UE, we are always thisclose to a homeless shelter, and this heartless, thoughtless joker says MY 12 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER deserves no more than being shipped off to Siberia??? As if she and we don't and haven't suffered enough, there are actually people out there that still think this?

I am so sorry for ranting like this, especially on my first post, but I feel like I know all of you from following for months...this hit so close to home, I am absolutely stunned!
Michfemale11
Michfemale11
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Full time mom, 99er, seeking work

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Welcome Michfemale... This guy is nuts. All of the crazy GOPer's are showing their real colors. People will have no choice but to rise up against the machine.....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Welcome Michfemale we share your frustration

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Not to change the subject about Senator Harty but here is another heartless senator. Senator Grothman (R-WI) called protesters camping down in the capitol as "Slobs". Is this what the republicans think of their own people, slobs? Shocking remarks will come back to haunt them soon.

Title: WI "Slob" Protesters Confront (Douch Bag) State Senator Glenn Grothman (R)
Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 750548

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l95qTAqSwas&feature=related
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Michfemale11 wrote:Hi all, I have been a 99er since March '10, one whole year now. I have been active on the Washington Watch site, and was even telephone interviewed/broadcast on ABC nightly news with Charles Gibson in Oct. of '09. I have been active with emailing about our plight for some time now, and have watched UF forum daily for months before this new "breakaway".

I finally registered here today though, since I could not believe my eyes when I saw this topic post. This guy should be yanked from his position immediately and without a second thought! I have tried so hard to find work, 20 years in my field, and cannot even get a lousy interview anywhere! We have been "surviving" on my *mentally handicapped* daughters SSI (476 a month) and her child support (326 a month, that did not even come this month, not one thin dime). So a family of five "lives" on $800 a month, if that...we have been evicted from our home no less than 3 times in the past year without UE, we are always thisclose to a homeless shelter, and this heartless, thoughtless joker says MY 12 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER deserves no more than being shipped off to Siberia??? As if she and we don't and haven't suffered enough, there are actually people out there that still think this?

I am so sorry for ranting like this, especially on my first post, but I feel like I know all of you from following for months...this hit so close to home, I am absolutely stunned!
Welcome to the forum! Rant away! Very Happy

I believe that some of these politicians are psychopaths and need to be impeached immediately! Evil or Very Mad

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 417154
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michfemale11 Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 220713 I had to put myself in a time out for a few hours to calm down before I could come back here and post again! Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 183394
Michfemale11
Michfemale11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Michfemale11 wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome. Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 220713 I had to put myself in a time out for a few hours to calm down before I could come back here and post again! Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 183394

Michfemale you are in the right place, we can all relate. Having those days more often than I like to admit. Glad you are here. Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 417154

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:31 pm

Tara wrote:State rep Martin Harty (Republican) believes the mentally ill should be shipped off to Siberia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/10/martin-harty-suggests-sen_n_834316.html

Shameful, shameful words and behavior.
New Hampshire now has one less Republican state senator.....Harty has resigned.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/nh-goper-to-resign-after-saying-mentally-disabled-should-die-in-siberia.php

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 97678
A special election will determine his replacement.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Thank God.... No telling what would be coming out of his mouth next....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:41 pm

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 323200 Harty resigned. Good bye stupid a$$. One less ignorant politician is gone forever. I think we the Amerian people are finally sending millions of emails, tweeting and sending letters to these jerks and scaring them out of their wits. They better be afraid because there is a lot of anger people who are tired of all the idiots in WA.

The weather is warming up and look out for more and more protesting if things don't start shaping up in WA.
Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 82228
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Michfemale11 Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:36 am

Most excellent that he's history, and so soon. Hope this sends some sort of a message to anyone else thinking of saying things this draconian out loud! Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 117936
Michfemale11
Michfemale11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:10 am

Michfemale11 wrote:Most excellent that he's history, and so soon. Hope this sends some sort of a message to anyone else thinking of saying things this draconian out loud! Martin Harty of NH won't get the humanitarian of the year award 117936
X2
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down