Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

White House Takes Back Billions From Florida For High-Speed Rail Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
White House Takes Back Billions From Florida For High-Speed Rail Cspan_live_play-1

White House Takes Back Billions From Florida For High-Speed Rail Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

White House Takes Back Billions From Florida For High-Speed Rail

5 posters

Go down

White House Takes Back Billions From Florida For High-Speed Rail Empty White House Takes Back Billions From Florida For High-Speed Rail

Post by Quiethawk Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:35 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/11/florida-loses-24-billion-_n_834768.html

Okay so here's 2.4 billion we only need 13.7 billion more for HR 589.....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

White House Takes Back Billions From Florida For High-Speed Rail Empty Re: White House Takes Back Billions From Florida For High-Speed Rail

Post by mrgolf Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Don't forget the savings in food stamps
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

White House Takes Back Billions From Florida For High-Speed Rail Empty Re: White House Takes Back Billions From Florida For High-Speed Rail

Post by Sunrise Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:40 pm

What an idiot!
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 pm

mrgolf wrote:Don't forget the savings in food stamps

What do you mean, MrGolf?
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Sunrise wrote:

What I meant was that the 99ers that are now receiving food stamps would no longer qualify if 589 was passed. That is a good chuck of change
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 pm

mrgolf wrote:
Sunrise wrote:

What I meant was that the 99ers that are now receiving food stamps would no longer qualify if 589 was passed. That is a good chuck of change

I guess it depends on how much you get on UI. I ate very frugally before I got food stamps - something to the tune of $100/month for one. Lots and lots of rice and beans, and beans.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:22 am

Wisconsin and Ohio turned down the funds, so that should count for money save. Wink The money must have gone to other states.

"Scott is the third Republican governor elected in November to kill rail projects approved by his predecessor. Governors in Wisconsin and Ohio also turned down funds previously agreed to by their Democratic predecessors. In Florida, the money had been accepted by Republican-turned-independent Charlie Crist, who lost a Senate race last year."
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:57 am

rick scott is a thief. BY himturning down the hi speed rail money he cost florida 2500 jobs plus on top of the 67,000 jobs he has already lost.plus al the millions people had invested with the thought of hi speed rail coming. as for the money that will go to another state such as california or new york. and we floridians get to pay for it thru our taxes anyway so we are paying for something that has no benefit to the state. after all floridas unemployment rate is only12% why would we need jobs. the good news is the recall petitions are being signed as i type
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:55 pm

See that is what I don't understand. I'm well known for my disdain of the Tea Party. What I resent the most about Tea Partiers is their shoving their conservative social agenda down my throat while chanting about fiscal responsibility.

But, this doesn't make sense to me at all. Florida needs jobs. Florida gets a couple of billion in stimulus to build a hi speed rail which creates a lot of jobs. Rick Scott is a well known tea partier. Instead of taking stimulus money and using it to create jobs and to stimulate Florida's economy, he turns it down under the pretext that it would cost tax payers, even THO it would generate revenue by the time it opens - what was it 2015?

So you look at the Wisconsin debacle, you look at Florida, you look at New Hampshire, you look at Palin, Gingrich, Huckabee et al and you wonder who is voting for these idiots? I just shake my head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Oh Yeah - Let's keep on relying on oil (a non-renewable resource) to fuel ourselves into oblivion.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Tara wrote:

So you look at the Wisconsin debacle, you look at Florida, you look at New Hampshire, you look at Palin, Gingrich, Huckabee et al and you wonder who is voting for these idiots? I just shake my head.

As they say in Sweden - lika barn leka bast = Children that are alike play best with each other.

Idiotic contamination and contagion is what it is.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down