Help is out there.

Please Call.


Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live


Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by sbraney on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:03 pm

Focusing on consumers, not corporations like Disney

"ABC
World News With Diane Sawyer kicked off its "Made in America" series on
February 28, encouraging consumers to buy U.S.-made products in order
to spur job growth. But why focus on consumers and not major corporations like ABC parent Disney, who are the ones who actually choose to manufacture products overseas?"

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=4255

All
Americans need to begin to choose their own focus instead of
unconsciously accepting and parroting the insidious blather that our
corporate media repeatedly provides as "solutions" that only serves to
further their interests, i.e., increase profits. Take a moment and let
Diane know that you're on to her boss's hypocrisy.

sbraney
Valued Poster

Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-02-18
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Jen on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 pm

I couldn't agree more. I believe that the main stream corporate media is not only hypocritical but, also one of the biggest enemies of the American people.
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Jen wrote:I couldn't agree more. I believe that the main stream corporate media is not only hypocritical but, also one of the biggest enemies of the American people.



X2

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by UPCHITCREEK on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Jen wrote:I couldn't agree more. I believe that the main stream corporate media is not only hypocritical but, also one of the biggest enemies of the American people.



X3

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Posts : 1423
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 58
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Sunrise on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:15 pm

They tell you to share your thoughts and then there is no place to do it!

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/page?id=12896382
avatar
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Jen on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Sunrise wrote:They tell you to share your thoughts and then there is no place to do it!

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/page?id=12896382
I wonder if you're supposed to go to the "contact us" at the bottom or if you have to do it through Facebook since they have a link to it at the top.


Yep, it looks like there is a link for feedback through the "contact us" at the bottom
http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=World%20News%20with%20Diane%20Sawyer
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Sunrise on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:42 pm

That is a ABC general feedback link and is not just for the article.

I'll post a comment but it is nice to see that this point is getting the most deserved attention that it needs.


Last edited by Sunrise on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Sunrise on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:48 pm

I dared ABC to do a program that puts the attention where the attention needs to be - the Corporations.

avatar
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by mrgolf on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:13 pm

I wish there was a choice sometimes to buy American products. Go through your closet and see how many items are made in America
avatar
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Posts : 4049
Join date : 2011-02-13
Location : Santa Rosa, California

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by JaneWI on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:30 pm

mrgolf wrote:I wish there was a choice sometimes to buy American products. Go through your closet and see how many items are made in America

I probably don't have nearly enough made in America items in my household and need to get better at it. I also plan on boycotting any business that directly supported a certain unnamed governor. Twisted Evil
avatar
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Posts : 2298
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Phillymg on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:55 pm

One of our cell phones broke a couple of weeks ago. We've been paying for the outrageously expensive 'insurance' but even so had to pay an additional charge & they sent us.....

Not a new phone but a phone 'refurbished' in the Philippines.....

Within 2 days pieces started *falling off* the replacement phone. Now we have to send that one back & wait for another crummy phone refurbished in some foreign country. Meanwhile paying the monthly fees for a phone we can't even use.

When things were made in the USA they didn't fall apart.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Sunrise on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:57 pm

You can't find a cell phone that is made in America.
avatar
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Keilowkei on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Phillymg wrote:One of our cell phones broke a couple of weeks ago. We've been paying for the outrageously expensive 'insurance' but even so had to pay an additional charge & they sent us.....

Not a new phone but a phone 'refurbished' in the Philippines.....

Within 2 days pieces started *falling off* the replacement phone. Now we have to send that one back & wait for another crummy phone refurbished in some foreign country. Meanwhile paying the monthly fees for a phone we can't even use.

When things were made in the USA they didn't fall apart.


INSURANCE ON CELL PHONES IS A JOKE...I had it for a long time and any time anythng would happen to a phone...The insurance did nothing

Keilowkei
Valued Poster

Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 37
Location : Pittsburgh
Job/hobbies : 99er...Sports,technology

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Jen on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:24 pm

Keilowkei wrote:
Phillymg wrote:One of our cell phones broke a couple of weeks ago. We've been paying for the outrageously expensive 'insurance' but even so had to pay an additional charge & they sent us.....

Not a new phone but a phone 'refurbished' in the Philippines.....

Within 2 days pieces started *falling off* the replacement phone. Now we have to send that one back & wait for another crummy phone refurbished in some foreign country. Meanwhile paying the monthly fees for a phone we can't even use.

When things were made in the USA they didn't fall apart.


INSURANCE ON CELL PHONES IS A JOKE...I had it for a long time and any time anythng would happen to a phone...The insurance did nothing
I have never gotten the insurance. I just don't think it's worth the money. I have a stockpile of perfectly good phones that I could use if something happened because they give us new ones every two years. We did have one problem within the first two years before getting any more phones when my daughter dropped hers into a puddle and ruined it. We just bought a used one online to replace it though.
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: ABC's 'Made in America' Hypocrisy

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum