Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? Cspan_live_play-1

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt?

+3
mistermunster
TR11005
Kimmymc
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? Empty Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt?

Post by Kimmymc Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:40 pm

I have spent the last hour and a half trying to adjust the belt on my treadmill. I started out just wanting to tighten it. Now is it going way to the left. I almost had it fixed a few minutes ago but when I thought I was tightening it, it moved again. Does anyone know how I can fix it? I think that the side that it is moving to is too loose, right? I am very frustrated right now! Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? 812460
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Genealogy, Exercise

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? Empty Re: Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:51 pm

Funny you should post this. I was just about to create a forum for can you fix it etc, specifically for things like this.

Oh and I dont have an answer for you.. Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? Empty Re: Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt?

Post by TR11005 Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Did you lose the instructions that came with the treadmill. If you find name of manufacturer and model. Then go to there website. Manuals are online these days. Mine has a adjustment on the outside on the back to center it. It is possible the belt is too worn. Then the adjustment will not help. If you have a service manual then you could order a new belt or call someone for technical support.

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmymc Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 pm

TR11005 wrote:Did you lose the instructions that came with the treadmill. If you find name of manufacturer and model. Then go to there website. Manuals are online these days. Mine has a adjustment on the outside on the back to center it. It is possible the belt is too worn. Then the adjustment will not help. If you have a service manual then you could order a new belt or call someone for technical support.

Yes, I have the manual. I also Googled and looked on YouTube. I'm just frustrated. I had it perfect then it moved again. The belt has turned under on the left side. I use that treadmill everyday. It's the only thing keeping me somewhat sane right now. I just need to relax for a few minutes.
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Created a new forum for DIY ers etc. Im going to move this thread ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi ya peeps! OH GEEZ.....Jimmy is da Admin. I'm banned for sure now. Razz Luv to see all the cool peepers here (but sorry to hear the other forum is gone). See. I soon as I log on this thread gets moved. Don't make me come over there and sing the Barney song.....you know I will. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Check it out! Kimmy's photo is back! Been waiting for that for a long time. So purdie! cheers (I got two posts now....total rock star status!)

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Bout time you showed up Tiers. Very Happy
mistermunster
mistermunster
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:42 pm

Tiers for Fears wrote:Check it out! Kimmy's photo is back! Been waiting for that for a long time. So purdie! cheers (I got two posts now....total rock star status!)

Hey Tiers(Richard)!!! How the hell are you??????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:11 pm

mistermunster wrote:Bout time you showed up Tiers. Very Happy

Munster! Now I gotta find my avatar of the dog with the wig (remember?). Good to see you here my friend. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Can you post some pics of the problem? If I can see it I can probably figure it out.
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Ne'er-do-well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 pm

maggie225 wrote:
Tiers for Fears wrote:Check it out! Kimmy's photo is back! Been waiting for that for a long time. So purdie! cheers (I got two posts now....total rock star status!)

Hey maggie225, that avatar is the best! Hope your doing well my friend! I'm just chillin over here in Vegas enjoying this re-union of sorts. Um, the gig on the ship didn't quite work out as planned. Long story. I'm still on a waiting list with Holland American Lines and working with a recruiter from Carnival for the showband this summer on one of their ships. Jobless_in_MA has recommended a Norwegian Smelt boat instead. I'll have to borrow his famous brown jacket for that gig. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by kellylee123 Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:32 pm

take a pic of the base where you r adjusting it....jeff can help tommorow he just did this a couple months ago....
kellylee123
kellylee123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Tiers for Fears wrote:
maggie225 wrote:

Hey maggie225, that avatar is the best! Hope your doing well my friend! I'm just chillin over here in Vegas enjoying this re-union of sorts. Um, the gig on the ship didn't quite work out as planned. Long story. I'm still on a waiting list with Holland American Lines and working with a recruiter from Carnival for the showband this summer on one of their ships. Jobless_in_MA has recommended a Norwegian Smelt boat instead. I'll have to borrow his famous brown jacket for that gig. lol!

Test

kellylee123 wrote:take a pic of the base where you r adjusting it....jeff can help tommorow he just did this a couple months ago....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmymc Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Sovereign wrote:Can you post some pics of the problem? If I can see it I can probably figure it out.

I just posted and I don't think it worked! I hope I'm posting the pic correctly. The way I got it PERFECT was totally loosening up both sides and moving it. I tried to tighten each side evenly but when I turned it on (only 1 to 2 mph) it pulls to the left again

[img]https://dawu.forumotion.com/Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? 07810[/img]
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmymc Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:45 pm

kellylee123 wrote:take a pic of the base where you r adjusting it....jeff can help tommorow he just did this a couple months ago....

Hi Kelly, it just has one roller adjustment on each side in the back. It requires an allen key. I would appreciate any help I can get! I use my treadmill everyday. I wish I would have been more careful when I decided to tighten it.
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmymc Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Hey Tiers! Good to see you here! Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? 921652
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Can you safely loosen and tighten it while it's running? That's how I'd do it.
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmymc Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Sovereign wrote:Can you safely loosen and tighten it while it's running? That's how I'd do it.

I'm going to try that tomorrow. I have spent all evening trying to fix it and I'm a bit frustrated. I really appreciate your help! I'll let you know how it goes. Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? 987247
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:19 pm

Please do. If it's wandering, the best way to find the right adjustment is while it's running.
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmymc Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Sovereign wrote:Please do. If it's wandering, the best way to find the right adjustment is while it's running.

I wish there was a way to see if each side is tightened equally. I guess the only way to tell is if the belt doesn't wander. At least I found the trick on how to get started the right way.
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:27 pm

If you can't get the thing to stay centered like that, another option would be to use o-rings or several rubber bands to make belt guides on the lower roller. A redneck fix, but it'd work.
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:35 pm

How old is the belt? How long have you owned it? If it curled under, it sounds like it's stretched out or dry rotted. Isn't there some kind of lube treatment you're suppose to use to treat the belt? I can't remember. It's been awhile since I've dealt with a t-mill. You'll have to re-feed the belt uncurling it as you push/pull the belt by hand. Then there's the adjustment for left and right travel. If you can get it to uncurl and running again, do the adjustment. From what I understand, once they start traveling and won't adjust, the belts shot. You have to make the adjustments slowly.
UGH!!! This is so hard to do this
way.
Does anyone know how to fix a treadmill belt? 822786
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmymc Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:41 pm

I really hope the belt isn't shot. It started curling under when it went to the left to far and too fast. It will straighten out. I just need more patience to deal with it. If I can't get it, I will call my brother and see if he can fix it.
Kimmymc
Kimmymc
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Make a new one out of duct tape. Wink
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum