Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) Cspan_live_play-1

Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)

4 posters

Go down

Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) Empty Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)

Post by vulcangurl Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 pm

http://www.goodwill.org/goodwill-for-you/specialized-services/seniors/

Greetings All,

I'm not sure if this link has been posted before..(I did a search and couldn't find anything..really, I did) and I wasn't sure where to post, but this seemed the most logical place.

I happened upon a job listing for call center agents for Goodwill here in Jacksonville (just 3 minutes from my home)..Anyway, after I applied, I went "snooping" around Goodwill and ran into this little nugget. The information states:

"Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
SCSEP is a training and employment program for older adults funded through the U.S. Department of Labor. As a program participant, you will receive paid training, gain valuable skills and experience, and build self-confidence.
You will be able to contribute your skills and talents in your community by training at important locations such as libraries, schools, housing agencies and food banks.
Currently, we offer comprehensive services for persons 55 and older in six states, including the entire state of New Mexico; large portions of Washington, and Virginia; and in the counties near Fort Washington, PA; Indianapolis, IN; and Phoenix, AZ."

I thought it may be of value to some of our members...Heck, I was looking for a used fridge (mine passed away this weekend Crying or Very sad ) when I stumbled on the job opening...wasn't even in the job search frame of mind...

Anyway, just trying to be helpful..

Be well all,
Namaste'
vulcangurl
vulcangurl
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) Empty Re: Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)

Post by Sunrise Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:44 pm

Thanks for posting. Smile I am sure that this information will be useful for some Members.

Have you tried Freecycle: http://www.freecycle.org/
or Craigslist to see if you can find a free refrigerator?
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) Empty Re: Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)

Post by Jen Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:50 pm

I know someone that works at the Indianapolis one and they have talked about this program and said they do this a lot and they have been getting a lot of stimulus money for it. They are usually just part time jobs but, they definitely help people.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:14 am

Thanks so much for posting this info. I wish they had this program in CA.
Goodwill Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) Goodwill-salvation-army-logos
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:21 am

Thanks for posting this info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down