Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Update from Americans 99ers Union.  Official statement from Lee & Scott.   - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Update from Americans 99ers Union.  Official statement from Lee & Scott.   - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Update from Americans 99ers Union.  Official statement from Lee & Scott.   - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Update from Americans 99ers Union. Official statement from Lee & Scott.

+7
mrgolf
Carol in CA
aloneinpa
child of the King
doreenb
JaneWI
concernedinKY
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Update from Americans 99ers Union.  Official statement from Lee & Scott.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Update from Americans 99ers Union. Official statement from Lee & Scott.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:51 pm

elvis44102 wrote:Here are the four Republ;icans who broke party ranks and voted against the 2012 budget deal....

they maybe at the least open to co-sponsor hr 589...

Republicans Voting 'Nay'
Name Voted
Rep. Walter Jones [R, NC-3] Nay
Rep. David McKinley [R, WV-1] Nay
Rep. Ronald Paul [R, TX-14] Nay
Rep. Dennis Rehberg [R, MT-0] Nay
http://www.opencongress.org/roll_call/sublist/8472?party=Republican&vote=Nay

Seems the top one walter jones is from a district thats been democratic since 1899 to 1995
and if i am reading correctly mr jones was a democrat that turned republican to gain election in 1995.
His district looks to have a Unemployment rate of 9.7 percent, his voting record is with party 79 percent of votes..

Looks like a good candidate to co-sponsor to me..

elvis44102 wrote:Here are the four Republ;icans who broke party ranks and voted against the 2012 budget deal....

they maybe at the least open to co-sponsor hr 589...

Republicans Voting 'Nay'
Name Voted
Rep. Walter Jones [R, NC-3] Nay
Rep. David McKinley [R, WV-1] Nay
Rep. Ronald Paul [R, TX-14] Nay
Rep. Dennis Rehberg [R, MT-0] Nay
http://www.opencongress.org/roll_call/sublist/8472?party=Republican&vote=Nay

Seems the top one walter jones is from a district thats been democratic since 1899 to 1995
and if i am reading correctly mr jones was a democrat that turned republican to gain election in 1995.
His district looks to have a Unemployment rate of 9.7 percent, his voting record is with party 79 percent of votes..

Looks like a good candidate to co-sponsor to me..

One of the Representatives listed here can be scratched off the list for voting "yay" on any type of social program, much less an unemployment extension.

Representative Denny Rehberg [R-MT] recently referred to educational grants, in particular the Pell Grant, as the "new welfare of the 21st Century". He further goes on to state that these low income students will use their scholarships and graduate to food stamps, energy assistance programs and other welfare programs. I seriously doubt that he would endorse continuing unemployment benefits. If he voted "Nay" on Paul Ryan's proposed 2012 Budget, it is because he doesn't feel the cuts are deep enough. Of the other Representatives you mention, the only one you may have a shot at, and it is a long shot, is Ron Paul. I have provided a link to one of many articles relating to Rep. Rehberg's stance on college financial aid.

http://campusprogress.org/articles/congressman_votes_to_keep_funding_for_what_he_calls_pell_grant_welfare/

Back to top Go down

Update from Americans 99ers Union.  Official statement from Lee & Scott.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Update from Americans 99ers Union. Official statement from Lee & Scott.

Post by elvis44102 Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 am

""Representative Denny Rehberg [R-MT] recently referred to educational grants, in particular the Pell Grant, as the "new welfare of the 21st Century". ""

Oh, hes the Jacka**, agreed he wont vote...wonder why he didn't stay on-board the other budget...not strict ENOUGH, maybe???

Ron Paul voted no on extending benefits here
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll683.xml

Heres the original list from 2008 and all the repubs who voted yes...

am going through list of 142 R-yes's to find whos a party stooge and who isn't now

http://www.opencongress.org/roll_call/sublist/5101?party=Republican&vote=Aye
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:04 am

It is surprising how many vote 90+ percent straight party line...
here is a list of people who supported the ORIGINAL extensions back in 2008 (republican only) there are some I missed I am sure but some are from low unemployment states...

Have to now narrow down the list to see who is retiring soon...

Rep. Charles Dent
Republican • 15th District, Pennsylvania • 4th Term • Sworn In 2005
Votes with party 88%
Rep. Michael Turner
Republican • 3rd District, Ohio • 5th Term • 88percent
Rep. Christopher Smith
Republican • 4th District, New Jersey • 16th Term • Sworn In 1981 Votes with party 84%
Rep. Todd Platts
Republican • 19th District, Pennsylvania • 6th Term • Sworn In 2001 89 percent
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher
Republican • 46th District, California • 12th Term • Sworn In 1989 89percent
Rep. Timothy Johnson
Republican • 15th District, Illinois • 6th Term • Sworn In 2001 80percent

Last edited by elvis44102 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:10 am

Elvis--You might want to take a look at this list of the 31 Republicans who voted yes on HR4213 last summer. By then quite a few R's were unwilling to support UC extensions.

http://www.opencongress.org/roll_call/sublist/7850?party=Republican&vote=Aye

Final House Vote on HR4213—31 YES Votes by Republicans

ALASKA
Young, Don [AK-at large]
CALIFORNIA
Bilbray, Brian [CA-50]
Bono Mack, Mary [CA-45]
FLORIDA
Bilirakis, Gus [FL-9]
Diaz-Balart, Marion [prior FL-25, now FL-21]
Posey, Bill [FL-15]
Ros-Lehtinen, Ileana [FL-18]
Young, Bill [FL-10]
ILLINOIS
Johnson, Timothy [IL-15]
Manzullo, Donald [IL-16]
KENTUCKY
Whitfield, Ed [KY-1]
MICHIGAN
McCotter, Thad [MI-11]
Rogers, Mike [MI-8]
Upton, Fred [MI-6]
NEVADA
Heller, Dean [NV-2]
NEW JERSEY
LoBiondo, Frank [NJ-2]
Smith, Chris [NJ-4]
NORTH CAROLINA
Jones, Walter [NC-3]
OHIO
LaTourette, Steve [OH-14]
Turner, Mike [OH-2]
PENNSYLVANIA
Dent, Charles [PA-15]
Gerlach, Jim [PA-6]
Murphy, Tim [PA-18]
Platts, Todd [PA-19]
WASHINGTON
Reichert, Dave [WA-8]
WEST VIRGINIA
Capito, Shelley Moore [WV-2]
WISCONSIN
Petri, Tom [WI-6]

NO LONGER IN OFFICE--
Cao, Anh [LA-2]
Castle, Michael [DE-at large]
Diaz-Balart, Lincoln [FL-21]
Ehlers, Vernon [MI-3]

Several of these 31 R's are no longer in office but most of them are.

Last edited by Phillymg on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:01 am; edited 2 times in total

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:20 am

by Phillymg Today at 1:10

""Elvis--You might want to take a look at this list of the 31 Republicans who voted yes on HR4213 last summer. By then quite a few R's were unwilling to support UC extensions.""

Yes your right I pared the list down a bit
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:19 am

nuttin2lose wrote:Hi Mobs, Gotta plan B I won t post here. If not plan C is to move into a friends shed on his property. No electricity, running water, but a place to be. Have permission to use it as a mailing address to get food stamps, and use of a grill to cook.
Hey Nutty, ...I just asked you since I know you've been a 99er longer than I have....Let's pray we don't end up in having to make desperate choices...
looks like you have friends that are willing to help ya! that's cool...that would be a great place for you to be, among good people..
That's nice of you Laramel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2