Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

About the over-50 sub-forum . . . Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
About the over-50 sub-forum . . . Cspan_live_play-1

About the over-50 sub-forum . . . Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

About the over-50 sub-forum . . .

3 posters

Go down

About the over-50 sub-forum . . . Empty About the over-50 sub-forum . . .

Post by worrywart Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:38 am

Hi to all of my Brothers and Sisters of Displaced American Workers United,

I'd suggested the idea of a thread (or of a sub-category) to help come up with some job search tips and best-practices for our job seekers who are over-50. I feel this to be an especially important sub-topic of unemployment and job search, because finding re-employment after 50 was already a tough business even before the wheels came off this economy of ours.

It may be well to have our golden-members begin by coming up with a list of relevant questions, questions that DAWU as a whole could then seek to address (e.g., "should I apply to a position I qualify for . . . even though objectively I know that were I the hiring manager for that opening I'd probably be seeking someone younger?").

As for what WW intends to post, I have begun contacting a couple of local people about this subject. Also, I will start asking a few more people (from my church) this Sunday . . . people who went through the "unemployed and over-50" struggle in 2004-05, back when I led the job-club for church elders. Of course, times are tougher now than they were in 2005, but I take and sort and weigh and integrate such counsel as I can find.

I anticipate that I can probably come up with an article for the "Five-Os" sometime in late May. Unfortunately, my articles can take quite some lead time to prepare, and I have the feeling that this article is going to take me longer than most of the others I submitted on the Original Unemployed Friends Forum..

Finally, it is both my hope and my request that DAWU members of all ages will contribute to this DAWU sub-section as best they can, furnishing any information our over-50 job seekers might be able to use to improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of their job search activities. Por Favor???

WW
worrywart
worrywart
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

About the over-50 sub-forum . . . Empty Re: About the over-50 sub-forum . . .

Post by mrgolf Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:38 am

Thanks for all your hard work WW
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

About the over-50 sub-forum . . . Empty I am so confused(lol)

Post by Angela J Shirley Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi worrywart:

Question I guess I am having one of my SENIOR moments at age 52 because I am totally missing what you are saying in your post.

Why do you need to form a subforum? It is hard enough keeping up on this forum(lol), now you are talking about more "clicks" and trying to figure out where stuff is...

And where is your subforum?

Thank you,

worrywart wrote:Hi to all of my Brothers and Sisters of Displaced American Workers United,

I'd suggested the idea of a thread (or of a sub-category) to help come up with some job search tips and best-practices for our job seekers who are over-50. I feel this to be an especially important sub-topic of unemployment and job search, because finding re-employment after 50 was already a tough business even before the wheels came off this economy of ours.

It may be well to have our golden-members begin by coming up with a list of relevant questions, questions that DAWU as a whole could then seek to address (e.g., "should I apply to a position I qualify for . . . even though objectively I know that were I the hiring manager for that opening I'd probably be seeking someone younger?").

As for what WW intends to post, I have begun contacting a couple of local people about this subject. Also, I will start asking a few more people (from my church) this Sunday . . . people who went through the "unemployed and over-50" struggle in 2004-05, back when I led the job-club for church elders. Of course, times are tougher now than they were in 2005, but I take and sort and weigh and integrate such counsel as I can find.

I anticipate that I can probably come up with an article for the "Five-Os" sometime in late May. Unfortunately, my articles can take quite some lead time to prepare, and I have the feeling that this article is going to take me longer than most of the others I submitted on the Original Unemployed Friends Forum..

Finally, it is both my hope and my request that DAWU members of all ages will contribute to this DAWU sub-section as best they can, furnishing any information our over-50 job seekers might be able to use to improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of their job search activities. Por Favor???

WW

Angela J Shirley
Valued Poster

http://survivingunemployment.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

About the over-50 sub-forum . . . Empty Re: About the over-50 sub-forum . . .

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down