Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Go Trump!! CPAC Video Appearance Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Go Trump!! CPAC Video Appearance Cspan_live_play-1

Go Trump!! CPAC Video Appearance Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Go Trump!! CPAC Video Appearance

+3
mrmarti
unemployed2long/1208
Angelika
7 posters

Go down

Go Trump!! CPAC Video Appearance Empty Go Trump!! CPAC Video Appearance

Post by Angelika Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Never really thought much about The Donald but he's got the square peg in the square hole when it comes to America, Obama and getting "screwed by other countries" -- Yayyyyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR1b8yKxcAo
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

http://www.Di-Dio.com

Back to top Go down

Go Trump!! CPAC Video Appearance Empty Re: Go Trump!! CPAC Video Appearance

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Four or five months back when gas prices started to rise. He was actually yelling out loud about all the tankers just sitting in the Gulf of Suez full to the brim with oil. Now if he could only learn how to manage money without filing bankrupt every other week. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:46 pm

I posted his comments on another thread and when he said he thinks we need to run this country first and you know the rest.. And I just may vote fr his butt! he is on a right track so far! but do they always back up what they say when elected!!Hum!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:58 pm

knarf wrote:Four or five months back when gas prices started to rise. He was actually yelling out loud about all the tankers just sitting in the Gulf of Suez full to the brim with oil. Now if he could only learn how to manage money without filing bankrupt every other week. Very Happy

Yea, but its usually Chap 11 for Reorg. He shuffles money around like we do lol!

only he's better at it.
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Good point Angelika.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmarti Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:01 pm

pretty good speech - think he might run? Now wouldn't that be a feather in his cap.
mrmarti
mrmarti
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed, looking for work, likes to cook, read watch tv&movies

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:03 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:I posted his comments on another thread and when he said he thinks we need to run this country first and you know the rest.. And I just may vote fr his butt! he is on a right track so far! but do they always back up what they say when elected!!Hum!

I agree. Remember its the most popular that gets the votes. I just may sharpen my voting pencil myself to get him in if he's the real deal.

Congress would loathe his butt! I love that he says no one calls up OPEC. Priceless. He'd not only put the right people in place, they would work for taxpayers money. He's not someone you DON'T ignore if he's the boss. No
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Just for the record. If he were to run, there is a good chance I would vote for him. It's becoming painfully obvious this administration is not for getting this country back on it's middle class feet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:13 pm

I don't get it - Americans and electing celebrities into political offices. Maybe it is just me but it seems like there is a huge ego and power trip going on - being in front of the camera just wasn't enough the first time around.

Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:17 pm

I agree Knarf. I think the whole Obama thing was just an ego ploy for him. I think he has always been the popular guy and knows how to grease the machine. I can't help but feel he's just sitting back all the time with that thought "well, I accomplished WHAT I WANTED to."

I'm not seeing any backbone in that man on any issue, domestic or otherwise.

Trump's motivation reminds me of Kennedy's passion. A person that just may truly care about this country...regardless of the minutia.
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Sunrise wrote:I don't get it - Americans and electing celebrities into political offices. Maybe it is just me but it seems like there is a huge ego and power trip going on - being in front of the camera just wasn't enough the first time around.

Celebrity has nothing to do with it. Trump's a hugely successful businessman. I think that's the change we need instead of a petri dish politician. America needs to be run like a business not a game.

The lifelong politicians have run this country amok, IMO. We know what they can do. Twisted Evil
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Many will say it will just give the right absolute power if he is elected, but my senses just don't feel that. I think all of congress would get a good tongue lashing from him.

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Trump is NOT the warm and fuzzy guy he makes you believe. If he was in power he would make it far worse for the middle class, trust me. He is notorious for paying people at his companies very low wages and has an attitude that the rich are there through hard work. If people are fine with voting for someone like that, go ahead, but don't be surprised when he sends more jobs overseas and taxes the middle class more.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Angelika wrote:
Sunrise wrote:I don't get it - Americans and electing celebrities into political offices. Maybe it is just me but it seems like there is a huge ego and power trip going on - being in front of the camera just wasn't enough the first time around.

Celebrity has nothing to do with it. Trump's a hugely successful businessman. I think that's the change we need instead of a petri dish politician. America needs to be run like a business not a game.

The lifelong politicians have run this country amok, IMO. We know what they can do. Twisted Evil

He is both celebrity and business. But I would say the business side of him trumps the celebrity part of him. He is all about business and somehow I don't see him choosing the Mom & Pop stores over conglomerate corporations when push came to shove.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:02 pm

I'm extremely indifferent on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:36 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:Trump is NOT the warm and fuzzy guy he makes you believe. If he was in power he would make it far worse for the middle class, trust me. He is notorious for paying people at his companies very low wages and has an attitude that the rich are there through hard work. If people are fine with voting for someone like that, go ahead, but don't be surprised when he sends more jobs overseas and taxes the middle class more.

Yea, I think he's a Republican but nothing wrong with budget consciousness. Don't know about his salary history. It would be worth googling. He worked hard to get where he's at. Nothing wrong with that. He can be the laughing stock of NYC. We've always laughed about him but...

Guess we'll have to see what options we have for next presidentials. Him vs. Obama???
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Angelika wrote:
new_wave_princess wrote:Trump is NOT the warm and fuzzy guy he makes you believe. If he was in power he would make it far worse for the middle class, trust me. He is notorious for paying people at his companies very low wages and has an attitude that the rich are there through hard work. If people are fine with voting for someone like that, go ahead, but don't be surprised when he sends more jobs overseas and taxes the middle class more.

Yea, I think he's a Republican but nothing wrong with budget consciousness. Don't know about his salary history. It would be worth googling. He worked hard to get where he's at. Nothing wrong with that. He can be the laughing stock of NYC. We've always laughed about him but...

Guess we'll have to see what options we have for next presidentials. Him vs. Obama???

It's not even that he's a Republican (I am an independent who is fiscally conservative), just that what he projects to the media is considerably different than what he is. Actually he didn't work hard to get where he is either, his family had money. But that's rarely mentioned either.

ETA: http://newyork.corante.com/archives/2005/09/01/donald_trump_says_that_outsourcing_creates_jobs_in_the_long_run.php

Donald Trump says that outsourcing creates jobs in the long run

Go Trump!! CPAC Video Appearance Email

Posted by Dominic Basulto
In his Trump Blog, Donald Trump bucks the conventional wisdom when it comes to IT outsourcing. According to Trump, outsourcing actually creates jobs in the long-run:
"We hear terrible things about outsourcing jobs--how sending work outside of our companies is contributing to the demise of American businesses. But in this instance I have to take the unpopular stance that it is not always a terrible thing...
Last year, Nobel Prize-winning economist Dr. Lawrence R. Klein, the founder of Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates, co-authored a study that showed how global outsourcing actually creates more jobs and increases wages, at least for IT workers. The study found that outsourcing helped companies be more competitive and more productive. That means they make more money, which means they funnel more into the economy, thereby, creating more jobs."
All this talk of the "long run" reminds us of the old economist joke from John Maynard Keynes: "In the long run... we're all dead."
p.s. Big props to the Donald, who was on TV last night soliciting funds for the Gulf Coast victims of Hurricane Katrina.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:50 pm

I don't trust Donald Trump. He is saying some things that people want to hear but, so did Obama and look what kind of "change" we got for our votes. Trump is in "the club", the club of global financial elites.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:56 am

Ahh, but now that the outsourcing dogs have tasted outsourcing savings blood, they will never go back to exclusive domestic solutions to build their empires.

I think Trump believes in the Mom 'n Pops simply because he's a dyed in the wool New Yorker and every street is lined with family owned businesses even where he lives. He understands the importance of community commerce just as he does about global growth. True, he builds too many monstrosities but he keeps a lot of people employed by doing so -- during construction and after -- not just in NY. What are "politicians" doing about contirbuting to the labor force? You will never see The Donald snockered on too much drink.

International peace relations come with a price and they all want a piece of the USA. Sad but true. America found a way to appeal to them at a very heavy cost. Just as they do ignoring the illegals that Su-prise! Go Undetected!

And yes, his father gave him a nice starting egg but he put it to good use after his lofty education. He had a vision that he saw through. I respect that.

And yes again, every one that wants to win a political contest is always looking for magical words the public might want to hear. Creatively spun speech writing without soul. Those days of honest passionate truth without reading a teleprompter that MLK & JFK, even Teddy stumped around are long gone.

*sigh and ho-hum. . .guess we'll have to see who runs up against our temporary leader.
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gab1sco Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:24 am

knarf wrote:Just for the record. If he were to run, there is a good chance I would vote for him. It's becoming painfully obvious this administration is not for getting this country back on it's middle class feet.

Agreed! Trump will get my vote this time around ~
gab1sco
gab1sco
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down