Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Single women baby boomers...I am one of them Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Single women baby boomers...I am one of them Cspan_live_play-1

Single women baby boomers...I am one of them Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Single women baby boomers...I am one of them

+2
Angela J Shirley
ET
6 posters

Go down

Single women baby boomers...I am one of them Empty Single women baby boomers...I am one of them

Post by ET Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:47 pm

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/personalfinance/single-female-retired-broke-many-baby-boomer-women-face-dire-straits/1175982
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er, Graphic Designer, Fine Artist, Scuba Diver, Swimmer, Tennis

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Single women baby boomers...I am one of them Empty Interesting

Post by Angela J Shirley Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi!

Don't have the time to click on the link, but wanted to know I saw your post. If you have the time, want to share what is going on with us? If not, I wish you all the best Laughing

ET wrote:http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/personalfinance/single-female-retired-broke-many-baby-boomer-women-face-dire-straits/1175982

Angela J Shirley
Valued Poster

http://survivingunemployment.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Single women baby boomers...I am one of them Empty Re: Single women baby boomers...I am one of them

Post by aloneinpa Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm in the same boat, and many of us also saw 401K's decimated, and facing unemployment having to use what little bit was left to hold onto the home/car/medical expenses, etc. The future looks rather bleak, indeed.
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Single women baby boomers...I am one of them Empty Re: Single women baby boomers...I am one of them

Post by new_wave_princess Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 am

I'm not a baby boomer but this terrifies me. I can't imagine being older, still single and unemployed.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:52 am

We're a married baby boomer couple, but we're screwed, too...
Sad American
Sad American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Well after reading that article ~ it looks like everyone is screwed they just singled out the single women baby boomers in this aarticle ~ they should tell the whole story so folks see the big picture ~ yep my kids are grown up raising a grandaughter for a son who makes more money than we do & he don't give a rats as___ but we do it for our grandaughter whom we love dearly ~ I'm a 99'er just getting back on my feet after a stupid injury & my hubby works in construction & has been on & off for over a year ~ we live comfortably but not like we did when we were both employed but we get by ~ but what about those who don't get by ~ that's what this is all about ~ but who cares right ~ certainly not our ruthless politicians & government ~ as long as they get their paycheck & vacations they are happy campers ~ well I hope all of you ruthless policitians get what's coming to you in the very near future sorry I'm rambling but this just shouldn't be happening to anyone whether you are single or married younger or older ~ it just isn't right!
mj
mj
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Human Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down