Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps  Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps  Cspan_live_play-1

How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps  Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps

3 posters

Go down

How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps  Empty How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps

Post by gigichicago Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:06 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michele-nashhoff/how-free-trade-agreements_b_919480.html?ir=Politics

How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps  843100
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps  Empty Re: How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps

Post by new_wave_princess Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:21 pm

When we were young "free trade" was pushed as a great thing. After all we would get products cheaper and certain countries make products we don't. However, now it means less people working while we make China, a COUMMUNIST country rich off us.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps  Empty Re: How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps

Post by Jen Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Ross Perot knew it back then before they enacted them and the public would not listen to him. The other politicians knew it too but, they did it on purpose for their corporate masters.
How Free Trade Agreements Lead to Job Loss and Wealth Gaps  163631
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Jen wrote:Ross Perot knew it back then before they enacted them and the public would not listen to him. The other politicians knew it too but, they did it on purpose for their corporate masters.

I was dating this one guy during the 1992 presidential race who was a Perot supporter. I couldn't understand why he didn't support Clinton until he told me about Free Trade. Being a college student at the time I never gave it thought. Now I understand why he supported him and not Clinton. This guy was 18 years older than me and understood things better than me.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:42 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:
Jen wrote:Ross Perot knew it back then before they enacted them and the public would not listen to him. The other politicians knew it too but, they did it on purpose for their corporate masters.

I was dating this one guy during the 1992 presidential race who was a Perot supporter. I couldn't understand why he didn't support Clinton until he told me about Free Trade. Being a college student at the time I never gave it thought. Now I understand why he supported him and not Clinton. This guy was 18 years older than me and understood things better than me.
I didn't know anything about it back then either. I see it all now looking back at the old news clips on You Tube. I do remember that my dad voted for Perot and he always voted for the Independent candidate if there was one. He was a very smart man.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Now that I look back I see that Clinton signing NAFTA was the beginning. I remember people warning me about him but me being the diehard Democrat thought they were just nasty. Now I "get it". My ex (who was an actor and a record producer)told me that Perot was the only decent choice but I thought he was full of it. Now I know if Perot had gotten in things would be different now.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down