Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply Cspan_live_play-1

Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply

3 posters

Go down

Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply Empty Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply

Post by wowwhathappen Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Jobless claims rise 25,000 last week
Unemployment rises despite recovery
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110217/bs_nm/us_jobless

Jobless need not apply
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110217/ts_yblog_thelookout/help-wanted-jobless-need-not-apply

......read these and tell me that we do not need help
I interviewed today with a company who said no less then 5 times that I had too much background

WOW
NOTHING LIKE NOT KNOWING THE LAW AND MY RIGHTS
READY TO SELL MY BODY
DISCOUNT

we need help....tell them to talk to ''real people'' who are eating road kill
I can not understand anything that is happening

oh well.............

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply Empty Re: Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply

Post by KeeptheFaith Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:13 pm

"But when Michelle told him how long she had been out of work, the headhunter turned apologetic: His client, he said, wouldn't accept people who had been unemployed for more than six months"

"Job-placement professionals say that over the last year, more and more employers have made it clear they won't consider job candidates who aren't working. "A lot of our recruiters have had clients who have come across this," Matt Deutsch of TopEchelon.com, which brings recruiters together to collaborate in finding jobs for candidates, told The Lookout, calling the practice "unfortunate."

"Some employers have said they're unwilling to hire unemployed workers because they believe that if a worker has once been let go, that's a sign that he or she is probably not a great hire. "People who are currently employed … are the kind of people you want as opposed to people who get cut, one recruiter told the Atlanta Journal Constitution in October"

I encounter this blatant discrimination every day in job postings where it says only current or recent experience. This is ridiculous. How are we ever going to get a job with no recent job experience. I send resumes, call recruiters, network and still cannot find work. This is just too much. That these employers are able to get away with these types of practices.
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply Empty Re: Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:19 pm

wowwhathappen wrote:Jobless claims rise 25,000 last week
Unemployment rises despite recovery
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110217/bs_nm/us_jobless

Jobless need not apply
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110217/ts_yblog_thelookout/help-wanted-jobless-need-not-apply

......read these and tell me that we do not need help
I interviewed today with a company who said no less then 5 times that I had too much background

WOW
NOTHING LIKE NOT KNOWING THE LAW AND MY RIGHTS
READY TO SELL MY BODY
DISCOUNT

we need help....tell them to talk to ''real people'' who are eating road kill
I can not understand anything that is happening

oh well.............

Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply 630201 More that expected!!!! Again!!!! "worlds new term "Unexpected" Unemployment rises despite ''recovery'' / Jobless need not apply 630201
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down