Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech Cspan_live_play-1

Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech

+4
unemployed2long/1208
elvis44102
new_wave_princess
gigichicago
8 posters

Go down

Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech Empty Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech

Post by gigichicago Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:39 pm

affraid Well, well, Obama's economic plan will be unveiled in September! Three years in office and it took him three years for him to develop a plan. I am thrilled!

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-set-beyond-1-5-trillion-budget-cuts-130642669.html
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech Empty Re: Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech

Post by new_wave_princess Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:54 pm

I gave up on him. He's all talk no action.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech Empty Re: Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech

Post by elvis44102 Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:01 am

maybe we could get "GREEN" jobs hand cranking printing press's to print money....
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:18 am

Boy I bet that will really get us up and positive!

He said this week he is going to work on jobs! AGAIN??? He makes those speeches like we are hearing them for the first time! Hello!

He is amazing, but not in a good way! He is the best front running republican right now!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:38 pm

ths polls shows he is doing better! His approval rating climbed to 26% and that means that 76% think he is failing and doing terrible!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:48 pm

To his credit he did try to pass an anti outsourcing bill but it failed in Congress by the Reps and a few "Dems" like buttboy Lieberman and Nelson.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stcfarms Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:40 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:ths polls shows he is doing better! His approval rating climbed to 26% and that means that 76% think he is failing and doing terrible!

I agree with your statement and I think that you could find a job doing math for the government, I came up with 74%...

stcfarms
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:28 am

whoop's !! revised figures!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:48 am

To his credit he did try to pass an anti outsourcing bill but it failed in Congress
While he's out spewing his snakeoil, why not do what the cons do, except tell the truth, and announce this!!!! Explain to the willfully ignorant that it isn't a matter of being unskilled, but that our own gov't is encouraging the outsourcing of jobs with a tax break. Lieberman is such a piece of vulgarity that I have to turn the channel when his filthy mug appears and that whiny voice - he and Nelson, would somebody PLEASE give them an enema? We desperately need a Ross Perot - somebody who already has enough chips, and truly wants to see the country survive. Who wants to live in a country full of ghettos like Mexico - poverty is worse than anything and extremely dangerous - starving dogs will kill you for sustenance. I found this yesterday - has something to say about the link between countries with low tax rates and violence - "Mexico and the United States are both extremely violent societies compared to those at the top of this list, in part because the government is starved by its stingy wealthy elites of funds to deal with violence, especially in poorer communities."

http://www.juancole.com/2011/08/sound-and-noise-americans-actually-lightly-taxed.html

Sound and Fury: Americans Actually Lightly Taxed

Posted on 08/01/2011 by Juan Cole
The following chart is a slightly shortened version of the one
at The
Globe and Mail, which demonstrates that US tax rates are among the lowest in
the industrialized world.
Tax Revenue as a Percentage of GDP,

Obama to unveil economic plan in September speech TaxesWorld Taxes

There is another chart at the Globe
and Mail showing how US taxes have fallen since 1965.

There is obviously no direct connection between low tax rates and a high rate
of economic growth in various countries in 2011. Germany is doing well (maybe
3%), the US is doing poorly. Germany’s unemployment is 7%, lower than the US.
The argument that raising taxes on the wealthy would hurt growth or
employment holds no water.

Moreover, not all eras are the same. With the challenge of global climate
change, we are entering an era where government investment in green energy may
have a huge downstream impact on future economic growth and well-being. Germany
is making that investment. The US mostly is not.

What you may be able to link low rates of taxation (and regressive
taxation policy, which is what the US has) to is levels of social
violence
. Thus, Mexico and the United States are both
extremely violent societies compared to those at the top of this list, in part
because the government is starved by its stingy wealthy elites of funds to deal
with violence, especially in poorer communities

sbraney
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:22 am

Hello, I have a quick question I ran out of unemployment in april 2010 after 99 weeks. Do you think I would be included in an extension obama would pass in september?

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:06 am

The way I see it, the only way people like you (and me, I also maxed out at 99 weeks in April 2010) will get more weeks, is if they either flat out create more tiers, (or at least one more) or tack on more weeks to EUC Tier 1 or 2( probably would be tier 1), and you will be contacted by your state UI division. Or as soon as we hear that something is enacted, WE call THEM! But even then, it would be like 14 weeks or less (like HR 589), but at least that would be something-
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Customer service/ healthcare

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:54 pm

I maxed out over a year ago so I don't except an extension. Also, I was on railroad unemployment and that is different.

But yes, why he doesn't mention he tried to pass an outsourcing bill is beyond me. Lieberman is the most disgusting thing ever and I never liked him. I think this is partly why Gore lost the election (that and the whole Florida thing). Lieberman is worse than any Republican and calling him a Dem is a joke because he's really not and never was. I have long suspected Lieberman is a racist and the fact that he seems to hate Obama more than the Dems seems to prove this.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down