Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

I got this e-mail from moveon.org yesterday, march on the nation's capital Oct. 3-5th Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
I got this e-mail from moveon.org yesterday, march on the nation's capital Oct. 3-5th Cspan_live_play-1

I got this e-mail from moveon.org yesterday, march on the nation's capital Oct. 3-5th Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

I got this e-mail from moveon.org yesterday, march on the nation's capital Oct. 3-5th

5 posters

Go down

I got this e-mail from moveon.org yesterday, march on the nation's capital Oct. 3-5th Empty I got this e-mail from moveon.org yesterday, march on the nation's capital Oct. 3-5th

Post by CLO Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:20 pm

I have an invitation for you. I want you come to Washington, D.C. with me October 3-5, 2011, for an event I couldn't be more
excited to announce: the first-ever national gathering of the American Dream movement.

Maybe you haven't yet heard, but something big is happening in America. Beneath the
corporate media's radar screen, it is growing faster and buzzing more than anything we've seen in recent memory.

We call it the American Dream movement. That's an apt term for the hundreds of thousands
of good people who are fighting everywhere to rebuild the American Dream.

This year, we've watched this people-powered phenomenon grow out of the courage and inspiration from Wisconsin and spread
across the country. From massive protests in the state legislature in Ohio to 45,000 Verizon workers on strike today, people
nationwide are standing up.

This summer, hundreds of thousands more of us came together in person and online to craft our plan for fixing our broken
economy. We created a comprehensive jobs agenda: "Contract for the American Dream." It has already been endorsed
by 270,000 thousand people.

Now it's time for us to gather in person, to learn from each other, get inspired,
and show everyone that we will not back down. On October 3-5 we're going to do all that and more at the Take Back the American
Dream conference hosted by our friends at the Campaign for America's Future.

Will you join me for Take Back the American Dream? Click
here to register.

We'll have movement leaders, local volunteers, students, teachers, unions, community groups, and more all coming together
to help strengthen our new movement.

We can't wait any longer for politicians in Washington, D.C., to save us. The tea party promotes policies that would kill
our dreams. The American Dream movement promotes policies that will save them. Please join
us in the nation's capital to begin the process of taking America, not back, but FORWARD.

We will all look back at this event and remember it as a huge step forward for showing that what's going on right now is
the birth of a movement—the American Dream movement.

This will be a powerful moment, and I hope you'll join me October 3-5.

Click here to register now.

Thank you.
–Van Jones
The winds of change are blowin'
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Customer service/ healthcare

Back to top Go down

I got this e-mail from moveon.org yesterday, march on the nation's capital Oct. 3-5th Empty Re: I got this e-mail from moveon.org yesterday, march on the nation's capital Oct. 3-5th

Post by sbraney Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:53 am

I'll be out on the street by then...

sbraney
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

I got this e-mail from moveon.org yesterday, march on the nation's capital Oct. 3-5th Empty Re: I got this e-mail from moveon.org yesterday, march on the nation's capital Oct. 3-5th

Post by Patriot Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:15 am

I don't think many out there realize the extent of the problems financially, I was excited when I clicked on the link but sadden when I saw the $$$ for a sleeping room not reaiizing we have to make travel arrangements, etc etc. I'm not criticizing but just voicing a opinion and hoping those website for the 99ers/longer long-term jobless will be able to go and represent us. moveon.org is a well-funded Organization as we know and their cash reserved are for the Nov 2012 elections. I have no solutions except maybe those Organizations fighting for the 99ers and all the unemployed will be able to go as a Representative and get a VOICE on the podium. We already know the Jobs plan the President is working on, does include extending UI benefits but its referring to those on HR 4213 that are exhausting in December 2011. So we need to come up with some strategy to get the MEDIA to pick up the blight of the 99ers or OLDER WORKERS displaced for 2+ years. Its about JOBS JOBS JOBS which aren't coming in the next 2-3 months because the republicans and teabaggers will play their BLOCK-YA games on anything forthcoming from President Obama. I'm thinking another TWEET-attack or EMAIL attack. We have to something MORE and action oriented.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 am

I realize that, as I am not able to go, either- unless, something like a job comes up... I still think that there will be a good showing of those who are financially able.. and I agree about the prospect that Obama will not pick up the long-term UE in any bill he puts forth. I really do believe that Barbara Lee, Jan Schakowsky and others (Bernie Sanders, among others) will not forget us- there are still bills in committee that would give us extended benefits. I can't give up hope yet, our numbers are growing every day... and, yes- e-mail, and call.. we need to keep the pressure on.
What I see Obama doing is another stimulus package, and this could get ugly- the GOP will try to stop this in it's tracks, this might get real ugly.
One thing in our favor- Wall Street is becoming very vocal about the administration's need to create jobs(if you can believe that), so of course, if Wall Street wants it, the GOP may back off a little.
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Customer service/ healthcare

Back to top Go down

Post by stcfarms Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:55 pm

I think that unemployed people showing up in front of the local TV stations october 3-5th with "Will work for food" signs might have more impact.

stcfarms
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Yes thats a good idea and I'm for doing that, I just hope our Police dept forewarns us to disperse before arresting us because I sure can't afford bail-money. Thanks for the idea, Channels 7 5 and 2 are located in downtown Chicago so will connect with one organization that has been protesting for JOBS for weeks. Will also continue with the emails, faxes to my Reps who know about the blight of the long-term unemployed but sound like they are so over-whelmed with which is which and what day is it!!! Too much #### taking place all over in this country..
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Isn't that amazing that to say the STIMULUS PACKAGE is saying a dirty/filthy word, and in this economy with so many millions of people hurting and in desperate staits that they (Republican Tea Party) would actually BLOCK legislation to jump-kick this economy and BLOCK legislation that would CREATE JOBS immediately. I'm not talking 6 mos down the road running into the Nov elections either but WE voted those asses in office and Nov 2010 we got the ineffective Boehner 112th Congress. I refer back to a column written a few years ago by a retiring columnist titled " 545 vs 300 Million" its been posted on various websites and it speaks volume as to why we are where we are and what we must do to CHANGE that position which will be Nov 2012. What concerns me now is that the 99ers will get kicked to the curb W/0 either HR 589 or any extension of UI benefits or a JOBS BILL that will include incentives aimed towards the LONG-TERM unemployed 99ers who have the experience and expertise to still be a functional and productive worker. No snow on my chimney yet!!! LOL!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:51 am

I maybe dead by then but even so I couldn't afford it anyway. Screw Van Jones he's just like the others.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down