Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser Cspan_live_play-1

Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser

3 posters

Go down

Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser Empty Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Protesters Stream Through Washington to Protest Wisconsin GOP Fundraiser

"Taking the fight from the statehouse in Madison to the nation’s capital, protesters shut down major streets in downtown Washington, D.C. this afternoon as they marched to the White House in protest against a fundraiser for Wisconsin GOP legislators.

Nearly 300 protesters, including Wisconsinites and union members from elsewhere, took to the streets in opposition to a fundraiser hosted by BGR Group, a Washington, D.C. lobbying firm founded by Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/03/protesters-stream-through-washington-to-protest-wisconsin-gop-fundraiser.html
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser Empty Re: Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser

Post by js123 Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Good. I'll bet we will be seeing more and more protesting. Spring is in the air.
Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser 1154
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser Empty Re: Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:31 pm

js123 wrote:Good. I'll bet we will be seeing more and more protesting. Spring is in the air.

I second that and wish these protests were getting more media attention. There are daily protests going on in Indiana, the democrats have fled to Urbana (they left in February), IL and yet, there is nothing to speak of in the news.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:43 pm

JaneWI wrote:
js123 wrote:Good. I'll bet we will be seeing more and more protesting. Spring is in the air.

I second that and wish these protests were getting more media attention. There are daily protests going on in Indiana, the democrats have fled to Urbana (they left in February), IL and yet, there is nothing to speak of in the news.

Exactly....What about the people protesting in Tennessee....and what about those poor people in Prichard, Alabama that are not getting their pensions.....The news media only portrays....what they want too....because they want to paint a rosy picture.....that everything is ok......I am so sick of the media......and I don't believe anything that they say......
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:56 pm

KeeptheFaith wrote:Exactly....What about the people protesting in Tennessee....and what about those poor people in Prichard, Alabama that are not getting their pensions.....The news media only portrays....what they want too....because they want to paint a rosy picture.....that everything is ok......I am so sick of the media......and I don't believe anything that they say......

Maybe there could be another discussion thread to cover the different state protests. There is a lot going on with all of them.

Protesters in DC to Protest WI GOP Fundraiser 618340
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down