Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Calif city worker facing layoff jumps to his death Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Calif city worker facing layoff jumps to his death Cspan_live_play-1

Calif city worker facing layoff jumps to his death Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Calif city worker facing layoff jumps to his death

5 posters

Go down

Calif city worker facing layoff jumps to his death Empty Calif city worker facing layoff jumps to his death

Post by Michfemale11 Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 am

Beyond sad.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110318/ap_on_re_us/us_calif_city_worker_suicide

From the article:

"Pham was on a list of more than 200 people — nearly half of the city's workforce — targeted for layoffs in a drastic move to plug a $15 million budget hole. Those who received notices would see their jobs outsourced in six months."

Hm, HALF of the workers getting laid off? Yeah, the economy is looking better... Rolling Eyes
Michfemale11
Michfemale11
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Full time mom, 99er, seeking work

Back to top Go down

Calif city worker facing layoff jumps to his death Empty Re: Calif city worker facing layoff jumps to his death

Post by KeeptheFaith Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:20 am

This is really sad
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Calif city worker facing layoff jumps to his death Empty Re: Calif city worker facing layoff jumps to his death

Post by Kathy Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:13 pm

That is very tragic to hear.

Wow, nearly have the city workforce laid off? How in the world, realistically, can they still take care of the city properly? The poor workers that are left will be swamped!
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Michfemale11 Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Kathy wrote:That is very tragic to hear.

Wow, nearly have the city workforce laid off? How in the world, realistically, can they still take care of the city properly? The poor workers that are left will be swamped!

From the article, it appears that it will be a mixture of white and blue-collar workers whose jobs will be outsourced, from maintenance to payroll to firefighters. Bare bones is not always best idea when it comes to emergency services and the like.
Michfemale11
Michfemale11
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Full time mom, 99er, seeking work

Back to top Go down

Post by njcookies Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:06 pm

they laid off a ton of people at my sister's company and the ones left have to pick up the slack, she is exhausted every day.

njcookies
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:13 pm

njcookies wrote:they laid off a ton of people at my sister's company and the ones left have to pick up the slack, she is exhausted every day.

I bet your sister is very thankful to have a job having learned firsthand through you how tough it is to be unemployed.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:21 pm

This is so sad and its frightening to me that this is happening more and more. I posted this story last night in the 99ers memorial wall thread. This poor man was not a 99 er but he is another lost soul that did not make it and it is directly related to unemployment.

I think the press downplays just how many suicides are related to unemployment.

https://dawu.forumotion.com/t896-never-forget-those-that-lost-hope-99er-memorial-wall

Back to top Go down

Post by njcookies Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Let's just concentrate on the human rights of the libyan citizens. Please don't yell at me for saying that.

njcookies
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down