Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed

+21
L.Montana
kman
pugsrit
Sunrise
felixsmom
nuttin2lose
unemployed2long/1208
JaneWI
mrgolf
elvis44102
charming23
concernedinKY
doreenb
@ries872
Riled American
Phillymg
kjps12
Michfemale11
Quiethawk
Jen
X
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 3 Empty Re: GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed

Post by Jen Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

bounce
Bumping for anyone that hasn't heard this news yet. Very Happy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/22/99ers-bill-meeting-long-term-unemployed_n_838970.html

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5043

http://www.opencongress.org/articles/view/2240-Progress-for-99ers-Legislation

http://www.examiner.com/unemployment-in-rochester/gop-will-discuss-hr-589-for-99ers-but-tell-rep-lee-to-show-me-the-money

Last edited by Jen on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 3 Empty Re: GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed

Post by kman Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:00 pm

This is part Crew of 42 email today. I bolded.the statement from Cantor. Duh - we would rather work - don't they get it?????

From the Orange County Register, Mary Ann Milbourn: read this “The Republicans showed some willingness to talk, although it appears that differences remain. Cantor’s office released this statement Monday: “Leader Cantor looks forward to the meeting and would like to broaden the conversation to focus on ways to grow the economy, spur investment and create jobs rather than simply extending unemployment benefits in some instance beyond the maximum of 99 weeks currently permitted.”
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by L.Montana Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:57 pm

I will send Baucus & Testor another email.....starting to think we should be on a first name basis! But I doubt we'll get any help from them,after all Montanas unemployment rate is only at about 14%........they still have their jobs...guess that's what they're worried about Lori

L.Montana
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:45 pm

L.Montana wrote:I will send Baucus & Testor another email.....starting to think we should be on a first name basis! But I doubt we'll get any help from them,after all Montanas unemployment rate is only at about 14%........they still have their jobs...guess that's what they're worried about Lori
Thank you Lori for continuing to send those emails, its more important now than ever! GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 3 220713

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:
L.Montana wrote:I will send Baucus & Testor another email.....starting to think we should be on a first name basis! But I doubt we'll get any help from them,after all Montanas unemployment rate is only at about 14%........they still have their jobs...guess that's what they're worried about Lori
Thank you Lori for continuing to send those emails, its more important now than ever! GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 3 220713
Thanx Lori!! Very Happy

Btw with the help of Baucus & Tester some lucky property owners in Montana have received more than $5 billion in fake farm subsidies--

http://farm.ewg.org/progdetail.php?fips=00000&progcode=total&page=states

Wonder if Baucus & Tester get kickbacks in the form of campaign contributions. Suspect Suspect

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 3 Empty 'Statement from Barbara Lee's Office Regarding 99er Meeting'

Post by Jen Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:50 pm

'Statement from Barbara Lee's Office Regarding
99er Meeting'
http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5059

Statement from Barbara Lee’s Office Regarding a planned meeting between her, Rep. Bobby Scott and Speaker Boehner on H.R. 589: “Rep.
Lee is encouraged that the Speaker and Leader Cantor have agreed to
meet within the next few weeks to discuss how to provide emergency
benefits for millions of long-term unemployed workers. Despite her
strong belief that this should be considered emergency spending, the
Congresswoman is committed to exhausting every possible option for
passing this bill.” (March 22, 2011)
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:24 pm

few WEEKS AS in 12 WEEKS!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:few WEEKS AS in 12 WEEKS!!
I'm sure they mean sooner than that. Twelve wouldn't be considered a few. Laughing
It does say that she is willing to exhaust every possible option to get it passed.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Jen wrote:'Statement from Barbara Lee's Office Regarding
99er Meeting'

Statement from Barbara Lee’s Office Regarding a planned meeting between her, Rep. Bobby Scott and Speaker Boehner on H.R. 589: “Rep.

sorry, but the statement of meeting in ''the next few weeks'' is not something to get excited about....they are brushing us off again
wow
I feel like we are just a tooth ache for them.

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:few WEEKS AS in 12 WEEKS!!
Chill with those kind of comments. They serve no purpose.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:51 pm

wowwhathappen wrote:
99er Meeting'

sorry, but the statement of meeting in ''the next few weeks'' is not something to get excited about....they are brushing us off again
wow
I feel like we are just a tooth ache for them.

I truly hope you are wrong here, but it does smell a lot like last Easter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Loosing Hope over here.... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Their schedules couldn't have been that tight that they had to wait 2 weeks. GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 3 812460 They're stalling for some reason and I am afraid to think what it might be.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Shades of the Stabenow bill right before they HIGH-TAILED it out of D.C. for the summer break. This is playing out to be another slap in the face if we allow them to do it which we can not!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:56 pm

At least they are going to have a meeting about it and they are willing to pay for it so, those are two big differences this time. That means there is a way better chance of it happening than there was with the Stabenow one, I think.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:28 pm

My fear is that the Repugs are gonna ask that the cuts come from other social services knowing that the Dems will not agree, and say see we tried

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:29 pm

99er Meeting'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Jen wrote:At least they are going to have a meeting about it and they are willing to pay for it so, those are two big differences this time. That means there is a way better chance of it happening than there was with the Stabenow one, I think.

I agree Jen. No point in giving up hope before we have to.

Last edited by Need2Bworking on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:34 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:My fear is that the Repugs are gonna ask that the cuts come from other social services knowing that the Dems will not agree, and say see we tried
Let's just hope that they will actually take it out of some of the wasteful spending that they do instead of doing that.
GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 3 443306
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:
Jen wrote:At least they are going to have a meeting about it and they are willing to pay for it so, those are two big differences this time. That means there is a way better chance of it happening than there was with the Stabenow one, I think.

I agree Jen. No point i giving up hope before we have to.
Exactly. We just hear yesterday that they have agreed to meet, n today many are saying it won t do any good. This is about the last hope I have, and I ain t giving up!!

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:51 pm

It is encouraging they are even will to discuss it after all this time. Numbers must be showing up fairly quickly and there's soon going to be far too many LT to keep ignoring.

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:11 pm

by booniebeast Today at 9:51

""It is encouraging they are even will to discuss it after all this time. Numbers must be showing up fairly quickly and there's soon going to be far too many LT to keep ignoring.""

Yes I believe something will happen soon...It is encouraging that they will meet and talk, with the dems already having all but specifically said they will agree to find funding for the Bill...which has been the hold-up for the last year....(they are open to the option)

Had this offer to pay for it been made last year it would been a done deal....

Now of course we have the Tea-party bozos to deal with....and as strange as washington is it appears their ranting for even more budget cuts may mean boehner may need the support of some democrats to get anything done....

The Tea-party wants more cuts...so the 16billion may need 25billion in cuts to get it through...Washington is even stranger then before
with the die-hard party-of-no teabaggers...

Thats why i refuse to read to much into a press release put out by some staffer...They are going to meet..and the number of exhaustess is growing and growing...
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:16 pm

Mobs wrote:Loosing Hope over here.... Sad

Well stop losing hope!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:06 am

laramel wrote:
Mobs wrote:Loosing Hope over here.... Sad

Well stop losing hope!

Gotta keep your eye on Hope, she is prone to wander off at times!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:03 am

booniebeast wrote:It is encouraging they are even will to discuss it after all this time. Numbers must be showing up fairly quickly and there's soon going to be far too many LT to keep ignoring.

I agree the numbers must be up and its getting warm enough for people to take to the streets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next