Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy  Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy  Cspan_live_play-1

Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy  Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy

4 posters

Go down

Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy  Empty Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy

Post by Gigi Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Can someone help me? I need information about chapter 7 but would like to do it myself.
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy  Empty Re: Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Gigi wrote:Can someone help me? I need information about chapter 7 but would like to do it myself.

I think your playing with fire on 7, do you have access to a legal aid office for advice? Unless you have virtually no assets, just debt, best to at least have a consult with an attorney and legal aid is best for unbiased advice.

Back to top Go down

Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy  Empty Re: Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy

Post by Quiethawk Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Gigi this website was very helpful and I got the NOLO book, haven't filed because I have no income and no house so I am waiting until I get a job. The book it pretty easy to follow. www.bkforum.com
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:49 pm

I would never do it myself but that is just me. I know others have. I declared BK when I was working so I had the $1200 to pay the attorney.

Anyone can get a free consultation. Take advantage of it
Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy  Bankruptcy
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Do I need to be employed to file?
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Gigi wrote:Do I need to be employed to file?

No but get some free advise before doing anything.... Remember Attorney's want your money. If you are still on UI benefits they are not considered income in BK. Please do research before doing anything. Know your rights....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Bk forum has lot's of really smart and friendly helpful people. Jump in there before you do anything....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Quiethawk wrote:Bk forum has lot's of really smart and friendly helpful people. Jump in there before you do anything....

Do you live in a city with a university law school or near one? Worth the call to see if they will take you in for advice and training for their students. Better than nothing and you'll have senior attorney conducting the sessions. Never tried a law schoo; but it worked for me on dental help with a local dental school

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:45 pm

I want to thank everybody for all the great advice.

Can Someone Give me Information on Chapter 7 bankruptcy  220713
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:40 am

booniebeast wrote:
Gigi wrote:Can someone help me? I need information about chapter 7 but would like to do it myself.

I think your playing with fire on 7, do you have access to a legal aid office for advice? Unless you have virtually no assets, just debt, best to at least have a consult with an attorney and legal aid is best for unbiased advice.

I agree with boonie - don't do it yourself - I have worked for attorneys for years - not in bankruptcy law though - but I would not do it myself. There are a lot of areas of the law where you don't necessarily need an attorney (even a friend of mine who is an attorney tells me always try to represent yourself - like a small claims issue), but there are just some matters where you NEED an attorney's knowledge. I am in no way pro attorney, some of them are just a bunch of crooks, but don't represent yourself in a Bankruptcy. Maybe call your Bar Association in your County and explain your financial situation and they will tell you the best way to proceed - whether legal aid, a law student with an attorney overseeing their work, etc.. Good luck!!!
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down