Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 7 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 7 Cspan_live_play-1

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 7 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Extended benefits end in North Carolina April 16th

+8
tdan
JaneWI
Terrync
carolinamom18
pugsrit
mya11
Phillymg
tofer
12 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 7 Empty Re: Extended benefits end in North Carolina April 16th

Post by mya11 Wed May 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Well someone in Gen. Assembly has a pair.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 7 Empty Re: Extended benefits end in North Carolina April 16th

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 05, 2011 5:41 am

Phillymg wrote:Sounds like the NC State Budget Battle has become a game of chicken up to near whatever is the planned adjournment day. Does anyone know what date the NC legislature is set to adjourn for the year??

I think the adjournment day is June 30th.

I can't wait that long.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Thu May 05, 2011 8:44 pm

BTW, Bev Perdue is a real a-hole. She could care less about the citizens of NC. She is too busy celebrating Cinco De Mayo and giving speeches at the university she graduated from. Impeachment for the Joker.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Yeah? Why do you think so?

She's a "joker" eh? What an odd choice for a description. You don't hear that said much anymore.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Fri May 06, 2011 2:37 pm

I said that because she would not respond to my emails and she kind of looks like the Joker from Batman. Anyway, she did forward one of my emails to the NCESC and they contacted me. I was told to keep filing my Extended Benefits, but nothing has come in from the General Assembly as far as a new bill for these benefits. So, again no news.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri May 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Actually you're right, she kind of does look like the joker.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Fri May 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Maybe I was being a little mean, but at the time I was very angry over all the political Bull crap going on in the General Assembly.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri May 06, 2011 7:11 pm

That's the crappy thing about politics. It's a game and people like us get used for colattoral. They keep us fighting each other so we don't gang up on them and realize that we have all the power.

There is no reason that the employed and the unemployed should be fighting each other. We are all the same class, they should be outraged that we still don't all have jobs. On the other side of the coin, they could be us tomorrow.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri May 06, 2011 7:16 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:That's the crappy thing about politics. It's a game and people like us get used for colattoral. They keep us fighting each other so we don't gang up on them and realize that we have all the power.

There is no reason that the employed and the unemployed should be fighting each other. We are all the same class, they should be outraged that we still don't all have jobs. On the other side of the coin, they could be us tomorrow.

My thoughts exactly. All people who rely on a paycheck to survive are in the same boat.

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 7 618340
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Fri May 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Has Alexandra Sirota, from the Justice Center contacted any of you? She sent me an email wanting to get our stories to a reporter. Not sure how much info they need, but this could be a blessing. She will also bring the stories to the General Assembly to make her case for us. You can check the NC Justice website and get her email and contact information. It's important that we do this. Thanks

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrync Fri May 06, 2011 8:29 pm

mya11, may I post that info to others similiar groups?

Terrync
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Fri May 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Please do the more people who get in touch with her the more power we have.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Fri May 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Here is the Justice Center email:

I hope this finds you well. I’m a reporter looking to talk to some of
the 37,000 that are have their unemployment benefits stopped. I got your
information from my colleague, Alexandra Forter Sirota, and was hoping
you’d be willing to talk to me about your family’s situation.

Here’s a profile I did last week on a woman from Charlotte: As legislature drags feet, life

With the legislature still unwilling to move on this, I think telling
the stories of people like you will help bring attention to the issue,
and add pressure to fix it.

Let me know if you’d be willing to do this, I’ll be back in the office
on Monday and would be more than happy to talk at your convenience.

Best,

Sarah

Sarah Ovaska
Investigative reporter
N.C Policy Watch/N.C. Justice Center
P.O. Box 28068
224 S. Dawson St.
Raleigh, N.C. 27611
(919) 861-1463
sarah@ncpolicywatch.com
NC Policy Watch with Fitzsimon & Schofield | News and commmentary about public policy in North Carolina., NC Justice Center | NC Justice Center

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrync Fri May 06, 2011 9:02 pm

this seems to be for you personally mya11...

Terrync
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Fri May 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Not at all this was sent to several others also. If you contact Alexandra or Sarah, they will listen and help.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Extended benefits end in North  Carolina April 16th - Page 7 Empty hope if this is true....

Post by Terrync Mon May 23, 2011 2:27 am

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/9625650/

above and below posted on WRAL on May 20th 2011

Lawmakers plan legislation next week to restore the benefits.
Senate leader Phil Berger, R-Rockingham, said Friday the formula change would be included with hundreds of other details in the roughly 300-page budget proposal the Senate will unveil next week.
House Speaker Thom Tillis, R-Mecklenburg, said Republicans are willing to compromise. House GOP members plan to develop legislation next week continuing to link the two issues, but demanding less from the governor. Thousands of state jobs are in the balance, Tillis said.
"We're going to try to reach a compromise," Tillis said.
Perdue said again Friday that she would immediately sign a benefits extension free of other

Terrync
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mya11 Mon May 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Well I guess we should know something by Thursday. I sure am ready for this to be settled.

mya11
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7