Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

i just cant take it anymore Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
i just cant take it anymore Cspan_live_play-1

i just cant take it anymore Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

i just cant take it anymore

5 posters

Go down

i just cant take it anymore Empty i just cant take it anymore

Post by cablab7 Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:47 am

Got even harder today as my MOMS car broke down...$877.00 to fix it insurance won't cover it as it was mechanical... Two weeks of EB left and im gonna hit the streets kickin the curb. I cannot believe our own Government can treat us this way? I started working when i was 13 YO tossing news papers and never stopped working since. I remeber asking my dad What the heck is FICA...lol. Yet here i sit layed off due to lack of work and cant find a job if my life depended on it...IT DOES!!! where the flip is my government when i need them? My father and grandfathers served in the military and served our country with PRIDE!!! Where is my country at now when us the unemployed need them the most? ON VACATION AGAIN!!! I am starting to lose faith in this OBAMANATION! We need jobs and we need them NOW! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU! H.R 589 needs to show movment lets get together and see if we cant get this passed, at least it will help in the short term.
cablab7
cablab7
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

i just cant take it anymore Empty Re: i just cant take it anymore

Post by Sovereign Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:52 am

All I can say is, keep upbeat and get small, mate. We're heading for Banana Republic America for sure. Forget fixing it, just focus on either surviving it or escaping it. Main thing is to keep positive, don't get depressed, just roll with it.

Remember, when life gives you lemons, give life a nice papercut and rub that puppy in there. Wink
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Ne'er-do-well

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:07 am

Sovereign wrote:All I can say is, keep upbeat and get small, mate. We're heading for Banana Republic America for sure. Forget fixing it, just focus on either surviving it or escaping it. Main thing is to keep positive, don't get depressed, just roll with it.

Remember, when life gives you lemons, give life a nice papercut and rub that puppy in there. Wink

Love that quote, Sovereign!!!

I'm sorry things are tough for you. Like Sovereign said, just focus on surviving. That's the most important thing. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

i just cant take it anymore 443306
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:58 am

Sorry to hear about your car. Hope we all get get some help soon.
i just cant take it anymore Help
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:24 pm

by cablab7 Today at 5:47
""Got even harder today as my MOMS car broke down...$877.00 to fix it insurance won't cover it as it ""

You didn't say HOW the broke...??

Not handy with cars myself...however..

1) depending on what parts you need the junk/salvage yard may have them at about a third of cost of new..(even electronic parts...replaced a $200 chip with a whole distributer for $50 (chip included))...
2) found a local garage that does labor for about a third of cost of other garages....You bring in the parts yourself...

If its not terribly difficult I have seen plenty of people who will work cheap on craigs list cheaper than garage anyways...if its a simple fix water pump, struts, brakes, cv-axle, etc, etc...

Remember there are plenty of other people out-of work and somebody with tools might do the job for $50....as long as its not electrical...
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Some good advice from Sovereign and Elvis. Hang in there Cablab7 you are not alone. Hope you can get the car fixed but many on the forum have survived a while without a car now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Been without a car for almost 2 years, really don't miss the nasty things except for Miata days. Sort of helped a member here fix one by email. Describe the repair, if you can?
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Ne'er-do-well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Moved to the fix it yourself forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content